• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

stampsatit

15/3/16
Thank you.

Gen Crystal, Gen Date Wheel, Gen Crown + Tube, Gen ETA and some bracelet work.

wow that a lot of money your watch look very good.
Can I ask something I read someone say lug or crown guard and case shape is not like gen. Is this true? Can be fixed? casework?

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you.

Gen Crystal, Gen Date Wheel, Gen Crown + Tube, Gen ETA and some bracelet work.

Great work! It looks amazing! :):) I'm thinking of building something very similar soon or just buy it from someone under the sales section!

MrOptional

8/10/18
Might be selfish of me to post this question without reading 229 pages of this thread, but was there any 116610 rep vs gen comparison done for this watch? If not, what are some tells when putting them side by side?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Might be selfish of me to post this question without reading 229 pages of this thread, but was there any 116610 rep vs gen comparison done for this watch? If not, what are some tells when putting them side by side?

Was done in between the 229 pages, start looking

Reactions: Lariram

MrOptional

8/10/18
Short review:

Positive:
- amazing dial! It wipes the Noob V7 i had completly away.
- amazing hands (they look like gen its just amazing how close they are).
- build Quality.
- SEL are ok
- ceramic Insert cutouts are the best ive ever seen in my life and ive seen a lot of them.
- sync hands.
- brushing is extremly close to gen.

Cons:
- SEL are not 100 % like gen but WAY above Noob V7 and others (in comes extremly close to the the V6S first batch which was fantastic).
- 6 and 9 marker are still not rounded enough
- ceramic insert is a little to whité (but its ok and comes extremly close)
- slightly misaligned cyclops on mine (but its so slightly its hard to even see)
- bracelett fells like cheap crap sorry but its the truth its extremly light and nothing like gen BUT the brushing looks extremly good.
- black hole effect are only visible under electronic light on daylight it looks shitty like all of the other rep crystals, nothing compared to gen.
- the cut outs are a little to deep AND catches dust and shit very quickly
- Datewheel sits a little higher on mine but not really a flaw on the wrist.

Some Notes:
The ARF is freaking amazing, The dial looks like Gen (never seen such a good dial), the hands are even better. The SELs are OK but not 100 % like gen same with the case but on the wrist it comes freakin close. I have a like 30 watches (20 or something replicas) the ARF blows them all away lol its just ridiclious how good the submariner looks.

Ofcourse they are flaws and the indices looks not really close to gen BUT the hands and the printing BLOWS everything ive ever seen on a submariner rep.

Misaligned Cyclops? Not really an issue on the wrist (its so little)
Misaligned Ceramic bezel? Its so minimal you dont spot it (and i have good eyes).

Conclusion:
Buy it! I mean iam a person who is really poiting out flaws and stuff (yes i know iam sometimes a little bit picky) BUT guys this rep even stunned me lol it looks freaking amazing. Every thing i can say dont be to picky! Because the most "flaws" are just a joke you dont see it on the wrist. Iam really surprised on the ARF here ofcourse the insert is a little to white but it has this "gen" platin effect which ive never saw on any noob + the hands have an incredible 3D effect which i only saw on gens. The packing was perfect too! And the brushing looks really good almost gen like.

Pics are coming tomorrow because iam at work but all i can say is what my colleague did say "Since when is Rolex sending watches through mail? Its an expensive watch! How can they do it!" and yes even after i told him its a replica he could not believe it. One note to the black hole effect, sorry guys but it does look cool on electronic light yes BUT on real life light aka sunlight the reflections are way to much and it looks like a normal rep crystal NOTHING like gen sorry but thats the truth.

:)So a little review from me. Maybe i make a ARF vs Regmariner Noob V1 comparison if i have time at the weekend oh btw. dont make a big deal out of the cutouts because they will catch dust and shit so quickly its like on gen lol :D Is it worht 478 dollars? Yes completly! I now can understand why its 100 usd more than the older ones. The whole build quality is amazing in my eyes and blows away my Hublot Steel Ceramic V6.5 and my AP 15400 JF V2 which were extremly good too but this rep is beyond everything i saw until now it comes so freaking close unbelievable.

this is the review I've been looking for, thank you

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Keep in mind thats an old review they use now a new case design, mine has still the old case.

Fab87pz

2/8/18
I got the arf A2824 yesterday and I have to say it is really amazing out of the box.. Obviously it's a rep therefore it has some flaws but now that I have it I think it is worth every cent!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Waiting for mine. I’m excited to see how it looks on the wrist. It’s replacing an old regmariner so I’m expecting somerhing a lot better.

MrOptional

8/10/18
thanks for sharing photo review, that was helpful. so based on some reading that I've been doing, the rep is so good that if put next to gen on the table, most of gen owners won't be able to tell a difference between the two?

also what are some of the things to watch out for during QC?

Fab87pz

2/8/18
thanks for sharing photo review, that was helpful. so based on some reading that I've been doing, the rep is so good that if put next to gen on the table, most of gen owners won't be able to tell a difference between the two?

also what are some of the things to watch out for during QC?

Sometimes the pearl is not well centered. Pay attention to this

Jbrahm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
So from what I understand from the two ARF 116610 2824 and 3135 threads, the ARF A2824 is far superior than the SH3135 as NWBIG. It was repeated stated that the A2824 had the better dial, datewheel, bezel, and case. The only caveat was the ETA movement. But I have the SH3135 and you could tell it is a rep if you started playing with the crown. It turns rough and the datewheel mechanism is always broken. The ETA is also a positive in terms of reliability. So shouldn't the A2824 should be considered NWBIG on the Consensual List if the SH3135 is?