• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
What problem of the bezel do you speak? I could not find anything on my V1.

Look how pointy the bezel teeth are vs a gen. its been the most discussed flaw in this thread - you cant have missed it.

dantoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/17
Look how pointy the bezel teeth are vs a gen. its been the most discussed flaw in this thread - you cant have missed it.

Oh sorry you meant the teeth. Yes of course! I thought of the pure ceramic bezel :-D

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
I don't get it. He paid £1,100 for it - like one of those swiss fake scams, or did you mean £11,000 (scalper price).

Oops your right, his gen watch he said “£11,000 he paid at Authorised Dealer, he also said had he pre ordered it would have been around £9,000
there sorted, alcohol was involved so I am something of an unreliable witness.

Bigred7078

4/12/16
Oh sorry you meant the teeth. Yes of course! I thought of the pure ceramic bezel :-D

If you want to get technical then yes, the V1 also has a ceramic insert flaw too. The engravings are too deep compared to gen. This has been fixed with newer versions. It’s a small issue and that alone would not get me to upgrade.

Bigred7078

4/12/16
Both. I'll figure out imagur or whatever next week and put up a tutorial. I'm on holiday at the moment. Probably Wedneday.

For me it solved the problem taking into account the v2.5 is still a tad pointy (as well as being very inconsistenet) and also the gen is also sharp.

the best thing about the way i did it is its way easier than any other mod, cannot be screwed up, and does not need tools or any dissasembly.

sorry guys - it would hve been better to mantion it with a guide, but when i read that people want to upgrade just because of the bezel teeth i wanted to say already that there is a easy fix.

Cool, no rush and enjoy your holiday. I’ll be curious to hear what you specifically did to address the mentioned issues. Thanks!

Mike Page

23/6/15

He would not have paid 11,000 at an AD that rubbish sorry .

Retail with a Rolex AD is currently £8,350 I know because my name is on the list from last year though god only knows when I will get it but am not impatient .

£11,000 would be a Grey dealer price ( watchfinder , watchclub , Iconic etc )

Reactions: JDM180

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Correct. Mine is anticipated to arrive around Xmas time. I’ve been on the list about a year.

Reactions: m5smg2

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
I spoke to Angus (who knows quite well the owner of ARF factory) regarding the bezel teeth and he confirmed that they can only be a batch variation. The only official updates are the date wheel and the rotor. Quite a few members have noticed variations in the crystal, cyclops and the clasp too.

Swerepguy

12/2/18
I spoke to Angus (who knows quite well the owner of ARF factory) regarding the bezel teeth and he confirmed that they can only be a batch variation. The only official updates are the date wheel and the rotor. Quite a few members have noticed variations in the crystal, cyclops and the clasp too.

I think sharp bezel is a small problem compared to over magification. It really looks like shit now.puretime Please tell ARF to fix that, they really messed up a very good replica

Reactions: tagepp

Swerepguy

12/2/18
How do i see hands out of sync? Is it a very serious issue?

If the hour hand for example is at 3, the minute hand should be at 12. If the hour hand is right between 8 and 9, minute hand should be at 6. Do you get it? :)

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
How do i see hands out of sync? Is it a very serious issue?

The best way to tell is when you get your qc, whatever time is set on the watch pic on qc photo, set that time on a working good watch you have that holds good time. You will be able to tell the variation.

RBB224

16/10/16
If the hour hand for example is at 3, the minute hand should be at 12. If the hour hand is right between 8 and 9, minute hand should be at 6. Do you get it? :)

Thanks for the explanation i learned something and understood now :D is there anywhere to fix it? i don't mind trying it on my reps.

RBB224

16/10/16
The best way to tell is when you get your qc, whatever time is set on the watch pic on qc photo, set that time on a working good watch you have that holds good time. You will be able to tell the variation.

Ok sure i will compare with my good working watch :)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The position of the hour hand should match the position of the minute hand. So if the minute hand is on the .30, the hour hand is exactly halfway between hour markers. On the image i quoted the hour hand seemed 6 minutes slow.

I've seen many instances of this watch being off - which is probably down to one idiot at the factory not putting the hands on properly. I'd say it could be a bad dial washer, but the hour hands I've seen which are wrong are also fast.

My hour hand was 12 minutes fast - i didn't pick it up on QC as my TD sent me pics of a different watch.

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
Good that updates happen... and soon 6 weeks waiting... are they busy with new subs?