• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to install genuine datewheel onto JF SH3135 (no sanding + no gen part needed)

Alexsuh

19/5/17
You are the frontier. Thank you for sharing your tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Great work brother. That is exactly how I explain too people how too fit it. Also I explain to pull the stone out. If you take that plate off it is a little easier your you to tap the studs out a little and remove the stone. Then your date wheel will be fine. But great video.

Last edited:
Reactions: pompompurin

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I just tried to fit a gen spec datewheel to an sh, I pulled up on the studs, one of them broke off. While trying to put it back on, it found the carpet. Game over.

occb2 any suggestions? The datewheel won't stay seated without it.

Last edited:

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I just tried to fit a gen spec datewheel to an sh, I pulled up on the studs, one of them broke off. While trying to put it back on, it found the carpet. Game over.

occb2 any suggestions? The datewheel won't stay seated without it.

ur going to have to go macgyver on this one.
as a guitar player that used to frequently deal with shimming floyd rose tremolos, I recommend buying very thin brass plate, then cut them to a smaller shape and glue it onto the missing stud area

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
after ordering various SH 3135 reps and standalone movements (including SH 3132) lately...

the latest batch of SH superclone movements seem to all suffer from having non gen-spec minute wheels. Even the stock rep minute hands (specifically, ARF Datejust) that were forcefully installed into these non gen-spec minute wheel would have broken posts upon removal.

either I have been unlucky, or the whole batch seems to be bad.

Reactions: timto1388

eva_c

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
12/2/17
Broke and lost a stud while prying it up. If anyone is getting rid of a SH3135 plate (if you've upgraded to the genuine 3135-600 part), please let me know and I'll buy it from you.

Guicamarao

17/2/14
Nice video, what about installing a Gen DW on an Eta based movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xiaoxi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/7/18
Did this on my DJ and it works flawlessly. Good stuff man

Devinthedoc

Known Member
13/8/18
California,USA
Is this something a noobie can do? Just bough a 16610lv JF and I hate the bold print datewheel. Never got into the movement to know if it’s a simple swoop or something I need a watchmaker to do for me.

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
after ordering various SH 3135 reps and standalone movements (including SH 3132) lately...

the latest batch of SH superclone movements seem to all suffer from having non gen-spec minute wheels. Even the stock rep minute hands (specifically, ARF Datejust) that were forcefully installed into these non gen-spec minute wheel would have broken posts upon removal.

either I have been unlucky, or the whole batch seems to be bad.

Any update on this? I have had 2 sh3135 and with both I had issues installing gen second hand. The pinion of the gen second hand was too large and wouldn't hold onto the movement. Didn't want to apply the pliers trick on the gen second hand so I am looking for a new movement.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Great info

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Any update on this? I have had 2 sh3135 and with both I had issues installing gen second hand. The pinion of the gen second hand was too large and wouldn't hold onto the movement. Didn't want to apply the pliers trick on the gen second hand so I am looking for a new movement.

gen seconds wheel is the only way to go for 100% compatibility

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Is this something a noobie can do? Just bough a 16610lv JF and I hate the bold print datewheel. Never got into the movement to know if it’s a simple swoop or something I need a watchmaker to do for me.

risky but doable. some people break the studs when prying or lose them. Be prepared to catch them if they fly away

Reactions: Devinthedoc