• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to install genuine datewheel onto JF SH3135 (no sanding + no gen part needed)

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
thanks to 's tip
i took occb2's tip and elaborated it with my experience on doing it

previously, it has been known that genuine date disc do not work properly on SH3135 because:
1. genuine date disc is thicker than the stock JF date disc
2. the clearance for the date seat is lower than the same gen part

therefore, people had resorted to doing intrusive modifications to install a genuine date disc onto the SH3135 movement:
1. sanding down the genuine date disc to match the thickness of the stock JF date disc
2. changing the date disc seat to a genuine one (part number 3135-600 - costs $150-$200)

here is a quicker/cheaper/better solution to making a genuine date disc work on a SH3135 movement:
forgot to add one more tip: be gentle; don't use brute force to pry

Last edited by a moderator:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@trango01 the gen date disc would catch onto those metal studs on the watch, that he points to, on the outside of the datewheel. So without doing any other mods to make a genuine date wheel fit, this guy only does one new nice trick. To make his gen date wheel fit in, he very gently and very carefully puts his screwdriver underneath those metal studs and he pulls/ lifts the stud up, so it is a little higher.
He says to only move it very slightly, not much. But if you pull it up too much, you can gently push it back down a little bit with your screwdriver. That's all.
Beautiful little video :)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
@trango01 the gen date disc would catch onto those metal studs on the watch, that he points to, on the outside of the datewheel. So without doing any other mods to make a genuine date wheel fit, this guy only does one new nice trick. To make his gen date wheel fit in, he very gently and very carefully puts his screwdriver underneath those metal studs and he pulls/ lifts the stud up, so it is a little higher.
He says to only move it very slightly, not much. But if you pull it up too much, you can gently push it back down a little bit with your screwdriver. That's all.
Beautiful little video :)

Exactly what you said, simple and effective [emoji4]

TnoJ24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/17
Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Your english is flawless! Great vid. Thanks a lot ! Didn't think this will be a problem. Good thing to find out about the solution before installing the gen datedisk in my sh.

Sent from the RWI App

Keentje

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/13
I believe so. Because I just changed 2 gen date wheels, 1 for the newest 16610LV JF and one for the ARF 36mm datejust. Both fitted in perfectly without modification.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
This is absolutely a breakthrough for modding. Im gonna sticky this!!

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Isn't this updated in the newer SH3135 v2's? Or is it just i rumor i heard?

I believe so. Because I just changed 2 gen date wheels, 1 for the newest 16610LV JF and one for the ARF 36mm datejust. Both fitted in perfectly without modification.

oh yeah! i recall that my latest JF 16610 V3 (no rehaut engraving version) didn't need any modification to the studs as well. But the SH 3135 movement inside my old ARF 36mm datejust needed modification.
​​​​
so it is best to try installing a gen date disc onto the SH / yuki 3135 first without any modification to see if it works first.

This is absolutely a breakthrough for modding. Im gonna sticky this!!

lol thanks! although maybe newer SH / yuki 3135 movements don't need this mod anymore, but manufacturing tolerance always seem to vary with these movements - some of them accepts gen minute hands perfectly and sometimes they don't.