• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide"

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
That is honestly reassuring to hear. I have a few gold reps but always have this nagging feeling whenever I wore them that the clock was ticking and the gold would come off at any second. It's good to know that it isn't nearly that bad and that I can enjoy them much more. Time to break them out of the watch box!

Wear the shit out of them! It’s summer. Time for bling.

bigbug303

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
5e3560133aad2c4c816078e2fc485445.jpg

Rolex Rep Sub TT. Got it in March of 2019.
Does anyone see anything wrong with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Yes. How can you tell which factory it’s from?

I have the same watch, but the standard model, 116610 LN (steel). ;) Date wheel and insert are the easier things to identify as ARF if you have a trained eye. Cheers ;)

Reactions: bigbug303

bigbug303

29/7/19
I have the same watch, but the standard model, 116610 LN (steel). ;) Date wheel and insert are the easier things to identify as ARF if you have a trained eye. Cheers ;)

How long have you had yours for? And how is it holding up.

corleone911

6/11/17
Wow! Looks great! The rep bracelet is really holding up. How often do you wear the rep bracelet? Most posts I read on all the rep forums would have you believe that you wear a plated bracelet and the gold will rub off in a month.

The only place where the gold
Rubs off is at the inside bracelet where the clasp rub against its.

The pictures shell show the big difference of the colour

Andreb

21/3/18
Italia
What do you think about Noob wrapped version of GMT 2 ( included link wrapped) CHS? It is sold by Intime too. Do someone get it?

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
You can see how yellow the gold is on the ARF. To me it just looks bad / cheap. The noob on the other hand is lighter but imho looks much nicer. I can take some better pics later and post. I hope someone finds this helpful.

Thanks for those comparison pictures. I have read this thread (as much as possible before going nuts) and am swaying towards the Noob 116613 gold wrapped bluesy.
Question is.......is it worth the extra money ($150) compared to the new ARF Puretime have on offer?
Also the movements differ...............is it better to pay less for gold plate and have a 2824 or go wrapped with a 2836.
My brain has just about fried with all this reading.

https://jtimestore.net/us/submarine...-bezel-blue-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2836.html
https://puretimewatch.io/submariner...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

Any thoughts?

PigIron

Patron
13/2/19
CONUS
Thanks for those comparison pictures. I have read this thread (as much as possible before going nuts) and am swaying towards the Noob 116613 gold wrapped bluesy.
Question is.......is it worth the extra money ($150) compared to the new ARF Puretime have on offer?
Also the movements differ...............is it better to pay less for gold plate and have a 2824 or go wrapped with a 2836.
My brain has just about fried with all this reading.

https://jtimestore.net/us/submarine...-bezel-blue-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2836.html
https://puretimewatch.io/submariner...-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.html

Any thoughts?
I would go with the noob especially if the SELs are gold. Thats just me, The biggest reason for that would be the color of the gold. I have read a lot of people asking how the gold holds up. I wear mine every day. I also wear it swimming as a result i had some spots on the gold other than that gold holds up very good. Yesterday i used a cape cod cloth and they just disappeared.