• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EXPLORER I 214270 2016 BASELWORLD 39MM V2 JF VS GEN

D

d4m.test

Guys, are you still debating about the explorer font? 1st It's non-issue, seriously. I have rep ocd complex^2 and couldn't care less about this. 2nd The watch has far more obvious flaws than this, so why even bother? 3rd How does it help discussing this over pages and threads and months and years? :D 4th This watch is SOLID and beautiful, so buy it and wear it with pride!

I think I have to agree with you. When you look at how many people are rocking the sub-c Noob V7 and not complaining about the = 300m, where the gen shows = 300 m. This lack of space between the last 0 and the m seems much more noticeable than the little bit of extra space between the E and X in EXPLORER. I never see any threads complaining about this (Noob V7). I know the MK1 dial had the no space and the MK2 does, but we've seen in this thread that the gen had the extra space after the E at one time as well. I'd have to say that from the wrist shots I've seen, the watch is beautiful and I think it's going to be my next rep order. After the Christmas and New Years activities slow down.

Mike Advice PI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/15
I believe lagunax is expecting one of these soon. Hopefully he will be able to give us an idea of what it's like.

Reactions: alexandros2

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
You're right, I remember now. I hope he gets it soon, I have an itch that needs to be scratched :)

SUK

Known Member
11/11/17
Hamburg
Here my jf v2 explorer

77824f5d5832ee3803bb93721987c15f.jpg

060b7534ed92652595855b8885b2ffe6.jpg

The space between e and x is also a issue in gen. So it is something that does not bother me.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
It looks great. But I've also noticed that there might be too much space between E and both Rs - E X PLOR E R.

Kwigyboo

12/2/18
USA
Can't wait for CNY to be over so that I can order me one of these, seriously blown away at what these rep factories are putting out!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think not.

But I would love to know if anyone's ordered the new BP version:

[video]http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=18286[/video]
?
I'm no fan of BP watches, but this one looks promising.

JF more Gen Like they purchased Gen , only e x print problem

Sent from the RWI App

G

Having a gen in hand does not necessarily equal the best rep which has been proven time and time again.

So I think it's debatable really until someone has a BP for a review. Perhaps then we can have a JF vs BP vs Noob against a gen.

Please don't speculate thanks. Unless you have all three and a gen in hand and can do a comparative review?

Last edited:

Akademiks

20/10/13
could someone help me out, I got JF v2, noticed that triangle at 12 is little bit misaligned, 1mm or 2. Is it possible to move it?

G

could someone help me out, I got JF v2, noticed that triangle at 12 is little bit misaligned, 1mm or 2. Is it possible to move it?
Probably yes. I regularly get markers realigned. Send it off to a modder, probably a 10 minute job.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Akademiks

20/10/13
Probably yes. I regularly get markers realigned. Send it off to a modder, probably a 10 minute job.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ye, but my watchsmith (he saw only photos, might send him watch within next few days) said that paint is spilled on the dial, so I guess it would mean that there would be a mark left...not sure. On the other hand I wonder how, they put a traingle on a dial and then put paont on it? Sounds dumb, but on the other hand, who am I to judge, maybe it's not so strange

financialaid2014

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/8/15
CONUS
just ordered one! very excited. thinking about picking up the 116900 as well but there are more obvious issues with the numbers to the JF version

Stanco1

15/2/16
hi, i am pretty interested to get the jf v2 soon, but am concern about how some users saying that it is best to get a servicing done out of the box.

it is hard to find a watch repairer who will service rep where i come from. i am curious, are there any ETA movement that can be swapped, the day the movement die?

Last edited:

Alex22

Certified
12/2/18
Hello guys. I would like to take an Explorer 1, I have some beginner doubts:
1) which is the best rep for L explorer? JF?
2) I often hear about problems of reliability of the JF movement, can it be resolved in some way or is it likely to have a non-repairable watch?
3) the best rep for L explorere, for example the JF, put next to a gen is distinguishable (I also speak of weight and materials to the touch)?