Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Rep of GMT Pepsi vintage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best Rep of GMT Pepsi vintage?

    Hey guys,
    Curious of what the best route to take would be on an all rep GMT master Pepsi.
    I like the 1675 and the 16710 but don't want to pay $12,000 for a gen LOL
    I thought of getting a cheaper rep from TD and swapping out dial for a gen dial.
    Even that may be too much money for a fling purchase.
    What do y'all think?
    Any Pepsi experts out there?

    Thanks!


    Sent from the RWI mobile app
    Gen Rolex DateJust Owner
    Visit my Thread: Suits and Watches

    #2
    I'm thinking vintage because the new BLRO is white gold and super case which I would struggle to pull off.
    I love the thin, long, skinny lugs on vintage rolex as I feel that they curve and fit my wrist more comfortably (I'm skinny wristed).
    What does everyone think?
    Would I probably have to age the dial, hands, and insert?


    Sent from my iPhone using RWI
    Gen Rolex DateJust Owner
    Visit my Thread: Suits and Watches

    Comment


      #3
      Your location says ohio, so usa I presume
      In that case you should contact yodog
      He does some great vintage pepsi's

      Comment


        #4
        ^^^ looks like the cartel 1675 is the popular choice then send it to @yodog for all your custom needs.
        " Decorating the whole town at a cost of forty dollars" - Buford T. Justice

        Comment


          #5
          Agree with yodog's GMT builds. Of all the reps I have, the 1675 by him is my fav
          TEMPUS FUGIT

          Comment


            #6
            What about the 16710 from BP ?
            Are the 250$ worth for this piece?
            I compared it with gen pictures and i saw, that the gmt hand is shorter on the BP. Also the case has no lug holes.

            Comment


              #7
              If you intend to put a gen dial in it, then the 1675 is not a good idea, cheapest gen dial you'll come across will be a service dial/damaged original dial, expect to pay $450 upwards.
              The 16710 is slightly better as a rep, closer to the gen (1675 has a crap dial, case is too thick, crown guards are terrible ) gen dials for the 16710 can be found for around $300, but it's not a bad OOTB rep.

              Comment


                #8
                Well, then it's official. I will get the BP 16710 asap.
                Is it possible to change the aluminium inserts on the bp ? Read in some thread, that the inserts are glued on the bezel? Not sure if it is on the bp or cartel ones.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by tructure, post: 3400683, member: 94682
                  Your location says ohio, so usa I presume
                  In that case you should contact yodog
                  He does some great vintage pepsi's
                  Originally posted by crsteen, post: 3401279, member: 58481
                  ^^^ looks like the cartel 1675 is the popular choice then send it to @yodog for all your custom needs.
                  Originally posted by PACCBET, post: 3401290, member: 137622
                  Agree with yodog's GMT builds. Of all the reps I have, the 1675 by him is my fav
                  Originally posted by stojan, post: 3401388, member: 87775
                  What about the 16710 from BP ?
                  Are the 250$ worth for this piece?
                  I compared it with gen pictures and i saw, that the gmt hand is shorter on the BP. Also the case has no lug holes.
                  Originally posted by tripdog, post: 3401396, member: 48066
                  If you intend to put a gen dial in it, then the 1675 is not a good idea, cheapest gen dial you'll come across will be a service dial/damaged original dial, expect to pay $450 upwards.
                  The 16710 is slightly better as a rep, closer to the gen (1675 has a crap dial, case is too thick, crown guards are terrible ) gen dials for the 1670 can be found for around $300, but it's not a bad OOTB rep.
                  Thanks guys!
                  Sounds like I will have to reach out to Yodog in that case.
                  I'm in between a few projects right now, but this pepsi idea has always been on my mind on and off.
                  I saw a few members that had yodog builds and it was hard as hell to tell if it was gen or not.
                  Just need to figure out how much he charges, and if I have the extra dough at the moment.
                  I appreciate all your help, and I do realize it is kind of noobish to post a new thread just to ask a question; but hopefully noobies here who want a pepsi will be able to see this and learn from it
                  Gen Rolex DateJust Owner
                  Visit my Thread: Suits and Watches

                  Comment


                    #10
                    No point putting a gen dial in a 1675 case, it would be like putting $12,000 dollar rims on a 1980 honda civic. The 16710 is a better base, but its ICHS, if you care about that.
                    Gens: Rolex 228238, Rolex 1675/8, Rolex 1675, Rolex 116610LN
                    Reps: Rolex 116520

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by stojan, post: 3401417, member: 87775
                      Well, then it's official. I will get the BP 16710 asap.
                      Is it possible to change the aluminium inserts on the bp ? Read in some thread, that the inserts are glued on the bezel? Not sure if it is on the bp or cartel ones.
                      Yes, they are glued on - everything in China is glued on.

                      Just pull it out and put in a gen one.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by yodog, post: 3401421, member: 40083
                        $12,000 dollar rims on a 1980 honda civic.
                        Is my ride G.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Now I'm curious. I understand the cartel 1675 is the best option for that model, correct?

                          But (which maker) 16710 is a better OTB rep as far as closer to gen?
                          " Decorating the whole town at a cost of forty dollars" - Buford T. Justice

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by crsteen, post: 3402510, member: 58481
                            Now I'm curious. I understand the cartel 1675 is the best option for that model, correct?

                            But (which maker) 16710 is a better OTB rep as far as closer to gen?
                            BP.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by crsteen, post: 3402510, member: 58481
                              Now I'm curious. I understand the cartel 1675 is the best option for that model, correct?

                              But (which maker) 16710 is a better OTB rep as far as closer to gen?
                              BP.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X