• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First order - rough sailing

gdgtman

14/6/15
First Order - Rough Sailing (Updated)

It's been 4 days now and I've yet to receive any response regarding my order or QC photos. My email has not been answered yet either. I expected to wait up to 3 days for progress but I'm left in the dark.

Update: I'm continuously posting updates so please make sure to follow through the pages :)

gdgtman

14/6/15
Update: Finally got a reply, but now they're saying the watch I ordered isn't in stock and offered that I pay more for a seemingly identical model instead of owning up to their lousy site description and giving me that "pricier" model that's in stock instead. NOT OKAY! They could have told me the watch wasn't available before I paid as I did inquire about it and made a payment which initially got blocked by my bank since they thought it was a scam site. I'm already regretting this but will not settle.

"We are sorry to inform you but Noob's version has been confirmed to be out of stock.

We can offer you this version
http://www.intime.co/rollie/1497-gmt-master-ii-116710blnr-jf-black-blue-ceramic-bezel-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html for $328 only."

gdgtman

14/6/15
So today I got my QC images and I'm disappointed in the quality control. Look at dat botched bezel:

brcx2vf.jpg

GhostPilot

14/6/15
I don't know what the big deal is, if you don't like the QC pictures refuse the watch, you don't have to post them here for everyone to see and try and tarnish Ryan's name.

I've seen tons of those that look just like that. Remember you are getting a replica, not a genuine watch, keep that in mind.

Brtis

24/2/13
I've yet to deal with Ryan, but it seams as though op hasn't done enough research on this site before delving into this hobby. Much of what he has experienced we have read about so many times here and this type of thread could have been avoided.

gdgtman

14/6/15
I don't believe that these replicas at $250+ should be this bad. I'd expect it in a replica that costs $80, but not a $350 replica. Why even bother accepting such an obvious tarnished piece from the manufacturer in the first place? I don't expect perfection, but I don't expect such a clear defect in the bezel - which on this model is probably the most important part aesthetically. Not trying to make this company look bad intentionally. This is my experience as a new customer. Again, every reply takes a day or two, which means that I'll now need to wait another day or two for whatever these guys can help me with.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect better QC from a trusted dealer. That's a pretty obvious defect. However, having to wait a day or two for a reply is to be expected. That's just how this game works.

BYED

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/15
Otto is right on ..... But I will say from my own experiences ,my opinion Jordan does not have a very good QC eye .

gdgtman

14/6/15
Dear diary, it's been so long I can't even remember the last time I clicked pay. I've eaten my foot, send help. I've made a new friend though...I named him Wilson.

gdgtman

14/6/15
At last, I finally got the QC images for my original order

w3fLsFf.jpg

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
i may be blind or looking over it to fast .. but what was wrong with the 1st one ? was it the white painted bezel numbers?

D

d4m.test

I might be wrong but the first had 2 terrible flaws:
1. it was off-centre by a half-click - but it´s a rotational bezel
2. it´s a BP-version with the numerals painted white instead of platinum-type and with little recessed numbers - as they all are. a little research shows many members bought Naarika and WBK versions for cheap to wait for a real good version to be released. General rule: if You want something closer to gen doesn´t hurt to go for model that´s been around for a decade and perfected already.
3. When the TD does not have the watch You requested just get a refund - or have an alternate watch in mind when first placing the order

gdgtman

14/6/15
The first one was a JF not a Noob like this one and I was not happy with the blue finish on the ceramic. It did not have a straight dividing line across the 6 and 18.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Look under the 6 Steelie.
No big deal tho OP, point it out and ask for a different one.

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
You know what happened here? I'd bet that it was one of those situations when you've looked at the exact same watch so many times that the person shooting the pics just didn't even notice the paint being off on the bezel. And honestly, that's happened to me more than once. I buy a watch in m2m or a new one and get it and crawl all over it and stare at it and then three days later I notice this one little thing lol. No biggie :)