• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedy at last......

Hornet

23/2/14
Got my speedy from MR couple of days ago and am very happy with this watch. Excellent service from MR as per usual.

I've been thinking about this watch for a long time, it's probably the only one that I'd consider going gen for. Anyway, very pleased with this one and I seem to have got a good 'un in that it runs well, has excellent power reserve and us accurate.

Bracelet was a easy to adjust (unlike the recent tag arrival....), but the lack of micro adjustment isn't ideal, put a link back as it was tight and then it's loose now. Hot weather where I'm at means this is ok for now....

....no lume shot at the moment, but it's pretty good for straight out of the box.

Here are a few pictures:

Thanks for looking....

drtavo

Horology Curious
28/7/14
nice looking watch...great photography as well!! Love the speedy, been thinking about picking one up.

Hornet

23/2/14
nice looking watch...great photography as well!! Love the speedy, been thinking about picking one up.

Again thank you! Photos were taken on my Samsung Galaxy S4, still can't quite believe how good the photos are for a mobile.....

whoknows

13/9/13
I am as impressed with the quality of the photos from the S4 as I am the watch. The moon watch is a Icon that never goes out of style IMHO.

I too, might add a GEN Speedy to my collection.

Hornet

23/2/14
I am as impressed with the quality of the photos from the S4 as I am the watch. The moon watch is a Icon that never goes out of style IMHO.

I too, might add a GEN Speedy to my collection.

I do like it, but probably prefer the mkii version......

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Well funny story actually. When I ruined my speedy I was trying to get clothes out of a washing machine that decided to not drain. I always wear a watch so I didn't think nothing of it. So when I submerged my arm to remove the clothes my speedy took the plunge.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
They've really got these decoration plates sorted, haven't they!!

:unsure:

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Personally, I much prefer the bracelet. I have a seen a handful of these in the wild. Know a friend or 2 that have/had them and I just can't get my head around the Nato look. But that is just me.

Hornet

23/2/14
Personally, I much prefer the bracelet. I have a seen a handful of these in the wild. Know a friend or 2 that have/had them and I just can't get my head around the Nato look. But that is just me.

I always prefer bracelets on my watches, the number of times I've got dive Watches with the additional rubber strap and then never used it.....

.....I like the idea of the velcro strap over a nato for the speedy just because that's how it would have been worn in space (no real logic there I'll admit.....).

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
It's too bad they can freeze the 12 on this like the Daytona can be. That way the subdial spacing it right. Oh I wish

Hornet

23/2/14
It's too bad they can freeze the 12 on this like the Daytona can be. That way the subdial spacing it right. Oh I wish

The whole thing about the sub dial spacing / freezing hands doesn't bother me.......

........so long as it looks close and tells the time reliably I'm happy.