• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

Spongebob

8/9/10
Listen jonny is it a previous mod by d09.... or it's a plating mod? thanks

Hey Johnlia, this is my work, not "paint mod".

Still have no idea why the color become like this, but it is fixable.

I have already contacted Johnny and will arrange some analysis to see what happened on this insert...

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
Hey Johnlia, this is my work, not "paint mod".

Still have no idea why the color become like this, but it is fixable.

I have already contacted Johnny and will arrange some analysis to see what happened on this insert...

Yeah i was talking about the method not the color [emoji28]

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Here is my input after receiving the insert:

I had a green ceramic noob insert V7(v8 as some call the newer versions) .
The stock paint was pretty good on this one. In fact it was so good imo that it almost made no sense upgrading. Noob really did a good job in the latest batches.
But now that i've got the insert back, the improvement is obvious !

However... i think there is a small difference between the gen and mine but i think it's not due to the process Steve makes the vaccum deposition or the material he uses to cover the numbers with.
I think it is more about the ageing of the insert. Now that i've seen it in person i can tell that the color is more silver than the gens i've seen (at least i think it is :) ).
Don't get me wrong, the insert screams GEN, but to me it feels like it is missing that peachy tint the gen has in some lighting condition.

BUT, good news everyone, the insert that Steve showed earlier in the thread, the one that is 5 months old looks to me exactly like the gen one i've handled. So i guess it will get better with time, like wine :))

Amazing work buddy! The watch looks stunning now, i'll post some pics later!

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
Here is my input after receiving the insert:

I had a green ceramic noob insert V7(v8 as some call the newer versions) .
The stock paint was pretty good on this one. In fact it was so good imo that it almost made no sense upgrading. Noob really did a good job in the latest batches.
But now that i've got the insert back, the improvement is obvious !

However... i think there is a small difference between the gen and mine but i think it's not due to the process Steve makes the vaccum deposition or the material he uses to cover the numbers with.
I think it is more about the ageing of the insert. Now that i've seen it in person i can tell that the color is more silver than the gens i've seen (at least i think it is :) ).
Don't get me wrong, the insert screams GEN, but to me it feels like it is missing that peachy tint the gen has in some lighting condition.

BUT, good news everyone, the insert that Steve showed earlier in the thread, the one that is 5 months old looks to me exactly like the gen one i've handled. So i guess it will get better with time, like wine :))

Amazing work buddy! The watch looks stunning now, i'll post some pics later!
we are glad my friend, and if u don't mind would you post new noob inserts batch pictures thanks !

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
we are glad my friend, and if u don't mind would you post new noob inserts batch pictures thanks !
Spongebob:

247967f430f78e7190ac40528fb01196.jpg

4a1a3caa045c82a1c4b4dcebdd4aa38c.jpg

New vs old noob stock:

ca04c0eb9cc32975c3496e3e504248f0.jpg

db5c737746bf3627c603ab68200e4818.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I think its not a stock thing its a supplier thing one supplier is better (better cutouts + whiter paint) other is pretty crap

Look at the "30" some Submariners have it perfect in line others the "0" is slightly raised you can see the same issues at the no date version. I think it's a supplier thing.

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
Man this is growing on me more and more every single day...
This paint mod with a gen DW and a gen Cyclops is a beast for a v7

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
I should get a hulk v7 looking at these pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Did you send the whole watch to him or just the insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its too much of a risk to send the whole watch. If you cant get the insert out, just send the whole bezel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2picky

Certified
22/10/16
Omg.. now the insert looks so gen like. We don't need gen insert bezel no more.