• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
It depends on your dial color IMO - If you have black or rhodium, I would go with gen. Blue with prof - any of the lighter colors just get a Clarks as there is little to no black hole with light colored dials.

Rhodium is lighter color than the blue version dude

Reactions: Akilles

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21
It depends on your dial color IMO - If you have black or rhodium, I would go with gen. Blue with prof - any of the lighter colors just get a Clarks as there is little to no black hole with light colored dials.

Interesting I know people get scrutinised for asking sometimes but where would be the best place to look at these clarks crystal in comparison to gen and costs? Had tried to search but various threads come up more relating to Crystal as opposed to Clarks etc so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and if there is much benefit based on a rhodium dial.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Interesting I know people get scrutinised for asking sometimes but where would be the best place to look at these clarks crystal in comparison to gen and costs? Had tried to search but various threads come up more relating to Crystal as opposed to Clarks etc so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and if there is much benefit based on a rhodium dial.

Here's a thread by kennyg that compares a clarks with a gen. And a following discussionif it's worth every penny or not at all.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...295-car-vs-gen

Last edited:

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Here's a thread by kennyg that compares a clarks with a gen. And a following discussionif it's worth every penny or not at all.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...295-car-vs-gen

Appreciate the helpful response and just had a read I personally don't have the knowledge that some members have here but I cannot see a huge difference in the two, What are your thoughts?

Would this rectify the "white" ring on the current crystal which I read on this topic a few pages back? or would that be another part required?

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Appreciate the helpful response and just had a read I personally don't have the knowledge that some members have here but I cannot see a huge difference in the two, What are your thoughts?

Would this rectify the "white" ring on the current crystal which I read on this topic a few pages back? or would that be another part required?

I think cf is not as good as gen (of course) or vsf, but it's ok. The clarks is a good solution if any compatible gasket's available. Clarks to me seem almost as good as vsf, judging from pictures as I've never handled a clarks crystal personally. But it does look like there's a small difference in the AR coating being too blue and obtrusive in clarks. Can't comment the edges or clarity overall.

Not sure if the gasket is included with the clarks crystal.
Regarding the whitish gasket in the cf, I suppose it would be rectified if changed... also not sure if the clarks crystal plus whatever gasket is compatible, I'd like to know this myself as well.

Last edited:

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
I think cf is not as good as gen (of course) or vsf, but it's ok. The clarks is a good solution if any compatible gasket's available. Clarks to me seem almost as good as vsf, judging from pictures as I've never handled a clarks crystal personally. But it does look like there's a small difference in the AR coating being too blue and obtrusive in clarks. Can't comment the edges or clarity overall.

Regarding the whitish gasket in the cf, I suppose it would be rectified if changed... also not sure if the clarks crystal plus whatever gasket is compatible, I'd like to know this myself as well.

Clarks does come with gasket and mounts on to the CF with no issues. Everything about Clark’s is gen specs, including gasket color. In fact, I have one available if somebody is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wacht

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Clarks does come with gasket and mounts on to the CF with no issues. Everything about Clark’s is gen specs, including gasket color. In fact, I have one available if somebody is interested

That's great, thanks!

Do you have any visualization of cf dj with clarks?

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21

I agree I saw the AR coating being slightly blue but again is minor if you consider the difference in cost but that being said i'm not sure what a gen crystal usually costs and the difficulty of getting it changed in the UK too.

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21

Thats interesting as Wacht mentioned do you have any photos or comparison? Do you have it up for sale if so please do send me link potentially interested but not sure on rules if I have to post in the relevant thread etc (depending on your location of course) thanks.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I agree I saw the AR coating being slightly blue but again is minor if you consider the difference in cost but that being said i'm not sure what a gen crystal usually costs and the difficulty of getting it changed in the UK too.

Yeah, you get a clear crystal with no milky cyclops. Only downside is that you'll be missing the LEC. But does it really matter?
Anyhow, I'd love to see a comparison!

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Thats interesting as Wacht mentioned do you have any photos or comparison? Do you have it up for sale if so please do send me link potentially interested but not sure on rules if I have to post in the relevant thread etc (depending on your location of course) thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have any pics with it on the CF. I did a build 2 years ago with it on an ARF and may be able to dig up that picture. Let me look.

In regards to listing it, I have not ... its been in my parts box for a few months now. I can list it if somebody is interested? I can also throw in a gen gasket with it.

Reactions: Wacht

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
replacing just the gasket is also a solution???

The cyclops isn't great, so any upgrades are welcome. It's ok though, just a little milky and your every day rep distortion.

Last edited:

Tagrolex

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Does anyone know the part numbers for the gen Crystal and gasket that will fit the CF DJ41? I guess also means finding someone in the UK for the work too.

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
awesome bro, i will be getting this done also. has anyone posted before and after pics with new crystal?

8cf5d0edbf9e6383e993a585d07a8eb0.jpg

After pics. Can’t find a before as I changed it the second I got it since I already had the xtal. Lol

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Can a member confirm it is the 3235 date wheel that is a straight swap on this movement?

Can you confirm the part number? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: NightShot