• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
cba5a0bae042c0e00dd5d3c4e7470c97.jpg

19d4b7c12f877ac6c8a8bfc35c694ac4.jpg

Blue is professor rhodium is stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Swapped the rhodium into the case with professor crystal..
404ede51d3a4c30058b9d7411a5dbc52.jpg

8f8179c8b9a4cd04c1b4ac3c2a3c556e.jpg

ApIcedOutt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
With the gen xtal it definitely looks better. It's a more deep blue, more clear.
A gen xtal is 400 euros. Is it 400 euros better? I don't think so.
However, for me it is worth it because a gen crystal retains most of the value and now I have a more close gen look. Will you do it again? YES :)

Other than gen xtal would you say there is something else you need to mod for more “gen look”?
Honestly cf DW looks good to me with gen xtal

crashuid

Certified
17/12/19
London
Other than gen xtal would you say there is something else you need to mod for more “gen look”?

Actually I managed to get a gen dw and I'm going to install it. Not sure if it's worth it but I saw it and I bought it. I will let you know after.

chrisomatic

22/6/15

The most obvious thing is the shine of the bezel.
#1 WG plating #2 Xtal change

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

CF dw is a bit too thin so it would definitely a needed upgrade if you're going after "gen look"

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
CF dw is a bit too thin so it would definitely a needed upgrade if you're going after "gen look"

Yeah I’ve seen some comparisons today. I agree. Cf DW is definitely the best thou better than vsf/arf.
So we got gen xtal and gen DW. Anything else you will recommend ? I’m getting the xtal. Will look for DW.
This is one of those watches that I really like. Trying to get something I will enjoy and also will give me “gen look” as much as possible.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
My understanding is that CF bezel is already white gold.

I know they claim to be WG plated but they don't look any different from any other bezel I've seen from all the other factories.

Still good, but I doubt they're actually WG plated.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Just finished my CF Rhodium Franken project. Gen Dial, Hand, DW and Xtal.

Few pictures of it next to VSF Franken Blue dial which has same set up plus gen crown.

jNy4W5.jpg

jNykxp.jpg

jNyRj3.jpg

jN9aEP.jpg

Wricksen

Horology Curious
2/3/22
Just finished my CF Rhodium Franken project. Gen Dial, Hand, DW and Xtal.

Few pictures of it next to VSF Franken Blue dial which has same set up plus gen crown.

Wow. Look gorgeous.
Which one you like more? Is the VR3235 as good as the VS3235?

also where do you guys find this gen parts? Couldn’t find any.

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Wow. Look gorgeous.
Which one you like more? Is the VR3235 as good as the VS3235?

also where do you guys find this gen parts? Couldn’t find any.

I actually love them both. Blue one for more blingy occasion and Rhodium one for more formal and subtle occasion. :)

VR3235 is aiight...I've sourced the vs3235 to swap it out but I got too lazy. probably end up going to sell it as a part.

You just gotta look at our parts sales thread everyday and also there are some good gen part dealers on eBay as well. I also use Rolex Forum too.

Now that I've answered your questions,

Would you mind deleting all the pictures from your quote? It's quite annoying when they quote the entire post with multiple pictures...

Wricksen

Horology Curious
2/3/22
I actually love them both. Blue one for more blingy occasion and Rhodium one for more formal and subtle occasion. :)

VR3235 is aiight...I've sourced the vs3235 to swap it out but I got too lazy. probably end up going to sell it as a part.

You just gotta look at our parts sales thread everyday and also there are some good gen part dealers on eBay as well. I also use Rolex Forum too.

Now that I've answered your questions,

Would you mind deleting all the pictures from your quote? It's quite annoying when they quote the entire post with multiple pictures...

New here. Still learning lol . I edited it. Thanks for the reply .
Other than the movement is cf better than vsf?
Cf really looks good to me but I’ve never seen a VSF.

Reactions: jiro

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Thanks mate. ;)

Sadly vsf is no longer available unless you can find one on M2M sales section and even then it would be impossible to get it since hundreds of ppl will be all over it.

But honestly CF DJ41 is pretty much up there with VSF ones if not better. It would be awesome if CF can later come up with better movement.

ApIcedOutt

5/6/19
Thanks mate. ;)

Sadly vsf is no longer available unless you can find one on M2M sales section and even then it would be impossible to get it since hundreds of ppl will be all over it.

But honestly CF DJ41 is pretty much up there with VSF ones if not better. It would be awesome if CF can later come up with better movement.

Indeed 2 amazing watches.
I can’t really see how vsf any better than CF besides that movement and xtal.
Wonder how reliable the vs movement thou. If they break it will be expensive since you’ll need gen parts

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Some people already mentioned that cf got more Gen like case shape. Lugs has a little curve. While the vsf is just straight

M62

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Cf also have sharper lugs which is also more genlike