• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Clean Factory DJ41 3235

marcmarc

Horology Curious
10/11/20
I was wondering if the latest QC for the cyclops (the one with the 1) is normal and can easily be cleaned? Thank you for your inputs!

As a background:

The cyclops with the 29 was the first QC photos which i RL-ed due to dirt/glue residue, among others.
The cyclops with the 5 was good but the TD said they "found a flaw" so it was returned.
The cyclops with the 1 is the latest one with dirt/glue residue again. I requested if they can show me photos with cleaned cyclops (no glue residue). They replied that there is no glue around and that it is just dust.

Momo666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/22
Canada
I find just a finger nail will clean that right off providing it’s not hard glue

jamie86420

Horology Curious
21/9/22
Hi all, i have a CLEAN datejust 41. Has been working perfect (ive had it about 6months). But just recently when i go to set the date, it wont let me. I can set the time as normal. But when i click to the date setting and twist, nothing happens. Any ideas please? Is this an easy fix, and how would i go about fixing it, is there anywhere i can take it. Im from birmingham (uk)

Momo666

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/22
Canada
Hi all, i have a CLEAN datejust 41. Has been working perfect (ive had it about 6months). But just recently when i go to set the date, it wont let me. I can set the time as normal. But when i click to the date setting and twist, nothing happens. Any ideas please? Is this an easy fix, and how would i go about fixing it, is there anywhere i can take it. Im from birmingham (uk)
Your best bet would be to call around town and ask if they are willing to work on reps! Probably a good service will fix it.

Diuu_67

Horology Curious
18/1/22
Hi All, this is my first post, can any one guide me on finding a black DJ41 dial or how to align the 6 o’clock mark to middle? I have a CF DJ41 blk for 6 months ago. Being my stupidly, I entrusted CF will make the watch right and everything is good to go. Few days ago, I notice the 6 o’clock mark isn’t align in the middle. All other marks are aligned with the text on the case. Any idea how to fix it?

• Haha
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
@Diuu_67 , you had the watch for 6 months and just noticed now. If that is so, doesn't seem that big a flaw, is it? This is a rep, this kind of flaws you account for and check in QC. If that bothers you, then you didn't do proper QC and cannot blame clean factory but just yourself.
Imo that small misalignment does not justify a change of dial.

Diuu_67

Horology Curious
18/1/22
@Diuu_67 , you had the watch for 6 months and just noticed now. If that is so, doesn't seem that big a flaw, is it? This is a rep, this kind of flaws you account for and check in QC. If that bothers you, then you didn't do proper QC and cannot blame clean factory but just yourself.
Imo that small misalignment does not justify a change of dial.
Noted with thanks. I'm not blaming CF. I guess it is a lesson and learn! Again, thank you for you input.

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Noted with thanks. I'm not blaming CF. I guess it is a lesson and learn! Again, thank you for you input.
mate, your watch is completly fine, its a rep, for 5% of the retail price. the Lugs or the SS bezel is a bigger flaw, should be WG...
the 6 o clock marker isnt a flaw, (it is completely aligned if you ask me)

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
I'm too of the opinion that the watch is completely fine. If that disturbs you, I won't even tell you that your DJ seems to have V1 hands...

Reactions: Diuu_67

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
@jamie86420 long post made short: easy fix, it likely just shifted a tad from use. 1-3 min fix, tops.

Long version:

What everyone is failing to notice is that the watch likely was “perfectly aligned” when you bought it and now has moved from prolonged setting and winding and pulling the stem in and out, or even an impact.

The VR3235 does not have a spacer ring, that would keep the movement centered like a 28xx series or even the PAMs and Omegas (and most watches in fact)

On the VR3235 the tabs and dial center it in the case, and if one movement holding screw is too tight, or too loose, the tighter of the two will act like a pivot for the movement (and subsequently the dial) to try to rotate around. Making it shift with use, and come off of alignment ever so slightly. Keeping in mine, a fraction of a degree will cause the brain to say “ahhh, that’s not centered, it’s trash!!” No matter how small, our eyes will pick it up.

The fix for this is all of 30 seconds, and preventable if the stem is pulled and pushed with care. This is more common on a CF than VS in my experience but only because the notches in the case that receive the holding clamps are ever so slightly different (try to put a VS3235 in a CF case, they don’t sit the same)

Find a friend that understand the mounting of your movement, and they’ll center it for you quickly and easily. At this point, I’ve probably done 100+ of these with this very same “problem” (which it is not).

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
They are v2 actually. But that would have been hysterical Lolol
Ahh, proved wrong...again... :LOL: looked to me leaning more to the rectangular shape of the tip instead of square. Well, that's about how much I care about such details. I have a clean V1 and completely happy with it. If anything, my misjudgement just proves that, flaws or not, the enjoyment is always in the eyes of the beholder.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
And honestly, the v1 is just as beautiful and enjoyable on the wrist!! It’s nothing anyone in the normal world would notice. Even when you show people, they don’t see it. (As you know)

So do not sweat the v1 or v2 unless you’re a madman with severe OCD. A club Of which I may be the leader…. 😳😳🫡

• Haha
Reactions: Diuu_67 and Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
And honestly, the v1 is just as beautiful and enjoyable on the wrist!! It’s nothing anyone in the normal world would notice. Even when you show people, they don’t see it. (As you know)

So do not sweat the v1 or v2 unless you’re a madman with severe OCD. A club Of which I may be the leader…. 😳😳🫡
If it weren't for your club we wouldn't have any V2s, V3s etc. Feed your ocd!

Reactions: Bifi_2020

Diuu_67

Horology Curious
18/1/22
@jamie86420 long post made short: easy fix, it likely just shifted a tad from use. 1-3 min fix, tops.

Long version:

What everyone is failing to notice is that the watch likely was “perfectly aligned” when you bought it and now has moved from prolonged setting and winding and pulling the stem in and out, or even an impact.

The VR3235 does not have a spacer ring, that would keep the movement centered like a 28xx series or even the PAMs and Omegas (and most watches in fact)

On the VR3235 the tabs and dial center it in the case, and if one movement holding screw is too tight, or too loose, the tighter of the two will act like a pivot for the movement (and subsequently the dial) to try to rotate around. Making it shift with use, and come off of alignment ever so slightly. Keeping in mine, a fraction of a degree will cause the brain to say “ahhh, that’s not centered, it’s trash!!” No matter how small, our eyes will pick it up.

The fix for this is all of 30 seconds, and preventable if the stem is pulled and pushed with care. This is more common on a CF than VS in my experience but only because the notches in the case that receive the holding clamps are ever so slightly different (try to put a VS3235 in a CF case, they don’t sit the same)

Find a friend that understand the mounting of your movement, and they’ll center it for you quickly and easily. At this point, I’ve probably done 100+ of these with this very same “problem” (which it is not).
Thank you so much.

Reactions: Seadwellermike