• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15

Hi, I’m back! It’s been years since my last post.
I just picked up this RM35-02 V4 by ZF today from my local trusted dealer. I must say ZF did a lot of improvements from the V3. First as you all know they updated bezel screw and obviously the black chrome gear at 12 o’clock position to look closer to the genuine RM35-02. I’m not sure if anyone notice they also updated the small faux levers at 2 and 3 o’clock position to look more realistic than the V3 version. (the shine is different in my opinion, it gave more depth to the overall look of the decoration).

They also updated the front bezel and back case closer to genuine if not the same. The sapphire crystal window on the front bezel now wider than the V3 and if you can see closely now they added the silver rehaut all around between the carbon bezel and inner bezel as per genuine. And also I notice they have updated the back case, now it’s wider than the V3 and I think it’s closer to genuine.

The only downside of this V4 if you all notice is the RM35-02 Rafa plate on 9 o’clock position. It’s smaller than the previous versions. Which is a major downgrade.
But overall I’m quite happy of my purchase. The update indeed better, but it would’ve been perfect if they did not change the small plate at 9 o’clock.

PS: They also updated the movement and I’m not sure what kind and my local TD confirmed it’s different. But he said it runs better than the previous one and less jumpy.

Well, that’s all from me, hopefully my information is helpful for you guys who’s still deciding on getting one.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Looks awesome, but I still don’t see a difference in the case from V3? Can anyone do a side by side comparison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Looks awesome, but I still don’t see a difference in the case from V3? Can anyone do a side by side comparison?

Sadly, I’m unable to do that since my local TD already sold my V3. I had my V3 for more than a year and I used it quite often. If you familiar with V3, u can tell the difference instantly. I don’t think there’s a difference in the case, but there’s a difference on the front bezel and caseback. Which the front bezel has a wider sapphire crystal window than the V3 and also the case back is definitely wider than the V3.

I believe the carbon case back on the V3 doesn’t stick out as wide as this V4. But, please do correct me if I’m wrong

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
It has the same width on side as far as I can see. What is different about the carbon bezel and back? I don’t see the difference from photos or video.

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Hi guys this is my first post, wanna share my recent acquisition, this is the ZF V3. Got it on sale right after the V4 was announced (paid 700 USD). Been wearing it for a week and loving every second of it, it is lightweight at 85 g. I still cant believe they replicated the NTPT case, just goes to show how overpriced the genuine article is. As for the jerky second hand, it doesnt bother me at all, it is barely noticeable and I easily neglect it. As for cons, I'm worried about the water resistance since this is non threaded crown(winds smoothly tho). Thats all I guess, would love to see ZF release the official kevlar velcro strap for this at decent price. Thanks guys, learned a lot from this forum! Some pics for you.
jOwXck.jpg
jOwT4D.jpg
jOwkmo.jpg
jOwwCJ.jpg
jOw4SP.jpg

Hello there, congrats on your purchase. Did you get yours recently? I believe your V3 used to be mine and I’m pretty sure of it. I had it for more than a year and I’m familiar with all the details on the carbon patern. My TD help me sold my V3 before I purchased my V4.
Most probably we have the same TD or you did purchase yours from one of my TD’s reseller. I’m happy my V3 found a new home and proud new owner.

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
It has the same width on side as far as I can see. What is different about the carbon bezel and back? I don’t see the difference from photos or video.

Hopefully this two pictures are clear enough to tell the difference between the two versions.

Reactions: miro10

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Hello there, congrats on your purchase. Did you get yours recently? I believe your V3 used to be mine and I’m pretty sure of it. I had it for more than a year and I’m familiar with all the details on the carbon patern. My TD help me sold my V3 before I purchased my V4.
Most probably we have the same TD or you did purchase yours from one of my TD’s reseller. I’m happy my V3 found a new home and proud new owner.

HI Jim, yes I did get mine exactly 8 days ago. I live in Indonesia tho, u sure this is yours? Lol.

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20

Holy crap it's true. I found your review on the TD's ecommerce. This must be your photo.
Damn the world is such small place lol.

Rollieyeehy

Horology Curious
11/2/20
Yes, that was mine. Surprise Surprise! Lol.

Cant believe it. Should I worry about anything in particular? I was surprised since this arrived in very pristine condition and on another thread u mentioned u wore it quite often. How is the water resistance? Since that is my biggest concern. Btw congrats on the V4 mate, and I see you got yourself a 6263 Paul Newman too lol.

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Cant believe it. Should I worry about anything in particular? I was surprised since this arrived in very pristine condition and on another thread u mentioned u wore it quite often. How is the water resistance? Since that is my biggest concern. Btw congrats on the V4 mate, and I see you got yourself a 6263 Paul Newman too lol.

There’s nothing to worry about, I always wore all my watches gently that’s why it’s still in pristine condition. As for the water resistance, I don’t really know to be honest since I never showered and swamped with my watch. I always treated my replica watch as if it’s my genuine one. That’s just who I am. Lol.

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA

Hi, I’m back! It’s been years since my last post.
I just picked up this RM35-02 V4 by ZF today from my local trusted dealer. I must say ZF did a lot of improvements from the V3. First as you all know they updated bezel screw and obviously the black chrome gear at 12 o’clock position to look closer to the genuine RM35-02. I’m not sure if anyone notice they also updated the small faux levers at 2 and 3 o’clock position to look more realistic than the V3 version. (the shine is different in my opinion, it gave more depth to the overall look of the decoration).

They also updated the front bezel and back case closer to genuine if not the same. The sapphire crystal window on the front bezel now wider than the V3 and if you can see closely now they added the silver rehaut all around between the carbon bezel and inner bezel as per genuine. And also I notice they have updated the back case, now it’s wider than the V3 and I think it’s closer to genuine.

The only downside of this V4 if you all notice is the RM35-02 Rafa plate on 9 o’clock position. It’s smaller than the previous versions. Which is a major downgrade.
But overall I’m quite happy of my purchase. The update indeed better, but it would’ve been perfect if they did not change the small plate at 9 o’clock.

PS: They also updated the movement and I’m not sure what kind and my local TD confirmed it’s different. But he said it runs better than the previous one and less jumpy.

Well, that’s all from me, hopefully my information is helpful for you guys who’s still deciding on getting one.

Man, loved seeing your pics! My v4 should be here any day now. Been stuck at the incoming port for 3-4 days. I track it hourly, lol. Good to see more changes, than had been previously been reported. As far as the movement, I believe it is the 6T15 (standard version). I have a brand new 6T28 (open heart version) waiting to be transplanted to see if the balance wheel shows through the deco enough to give it a bit more life. This will be the first RM rep that I have seen in person. Chomping at the bit!

jimmythekidult

Known Member
14/2/15
Man, loved seeing your pics! My v4 should be here any day now. Been stuck at the incoming port for 3-4 days. I track it hourly, lol. Good to see more changes, than had been previously been reported. As far as the movement, I believe it is the 6T15 (standard version). I have a brand new 6T28 (open heart version) waiting to be transplanted to see if the balance wheel shows through the deco enough to give it a bit more life. This will be the first RM rep that I have seen in person. Chomping at the bit!

Nice, please do share yours when you have it in hand. Especially after you transplant your new 6T28 open heart movement. Hopefully everything goes as plan. Just like I mentioned on my post, every updated parts pretty much perfect except the the RM35-02 Rafa plate at 9 o’clock position being way to small this time, which is to me is a major downgrade from the previous versions. To be honest it started to annoy me the more i look at it. Once you see it you cannot unsee it. Lol.

Reactions: thomasharding99

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa

I may be even more excited than you for this one! I really wanna know more about the movement and possibly see if I can franken the V4 with various parts :)

Reactions: thomasharding99

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Nice, please do share yours when you have it in hand. Especially after you transplant your new 6T28 open heart movement. Hopefully everything goes as plan. Just like I mentioned on my post, every updated parts pretty much perfect except the the RM35-02 Rafa plate at 9 o’clock position being way to small this time, which is to me is a major downgrade from the previous versions. To be honest it started to annoy me the more i look at it. Once you see it you cannot unsee it. Lol.

Hopefully my account issues are fixed and I get to be a member soon. Can't post decent pics until then :(