• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I do not know for sure. But the V4 will take gen screws, and these seem to be a replacement. The only issue I have had with my V4 is the counter bore (in the NTPT) where the screws go was not large enough for my driver, so I had to polish down the OD of the driver to fit. But that has nothing to do with the crews.

Noted

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
For ZF V4 and first time RM owners.
The case screws on my V4 looked to be secure ootb but frot and back were only threaded a few times. Ie the risk of loosing one or more screws are pretty high.
Buy the tools and secure your RM.
FYI only

Reactions: jkent83

Up2uimeasy

Horology Curious
26/1/19
El Cheapo factory. Why?

Some guy on RWI with a status as a trusted dealer posted he was selling this for $550+. I wanted to know if it's a good or a bad rep for the price. Stuvetjee thanks for your advice. I've looking for a ZF V4 in the sales section for awhile but nothing's come up yet. I might have to pull the trigger on a ZF V4 from Hont since he's offering a great price and free delivery

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Still fav
b01ccca1bbb3846fb0885bc3ba1c99bf.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Hope someone can help. Just received the new ZF v4 RM035-02. Love the watch and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite reps when it’s working. I say that because the movement will randomly stop. I’ve checked to make sure it’s not a winding issue and it will usually start up again after some gentle tapping. It also seems to do well when worn but tends to stop when jostled while putting on or taking off. I’ve tried to search regarding this issue, but considering that there is a lack of clarity on what movement is actually in the watch (TD says it’s a Seiko NH045A but its a 28800 beat rate movement so that can’t be correct, others have speculated it is a Miyota 6T15 or a 6T28) it has been difficult.

Any thoughts on the cause of this or how it might be fixed would be appreciated.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Hope someone can help. Just received the new ZF v4 RM035-02. Love the watch and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite reps when it’s working. I say that because the movement will randomly stop. I’ve checked to make sure it’s not a winding issue and it will usually start up again after some gentle tapping. It also seems to do well when worn but tends to stop when jostled while putting on or taking off. I’ve tried to search regarding this issue, but considering that there is a lack of clarity on what movement is actually in the watch (TD says it’s a Seiko NH045A but its a 28800 beat rate movement so that can’t be correct, others have speculated it is a Miyota 6T15 or a 6T28) it has been difficult.

Any thoughts on the cause of this or how it might be fixed would be appreciated.

Hey there, Its a seiko movement and its a known issue in the ZF RM that they can be a bit sensitive. There are fixes for it if you search around.Hope this helps.

unusuallylargeballs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18

Unfortunately it sounds like you got a Seiko movement (V3) and not the updated with the Miyota movement. The new one should have had this fixed, so it sounds like they gave you a V3 instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Hey there, Its a seiko movement and its a known issue in the ZF RM that they can be a bit sensitive. There are fixes for it if you search around.Hope this helps.

Do you know what Seiko movement you think it is? Like I said, it’s a 28800 beat rate movement so it can’t be the Seiko NH45A. Was there another Seiko movement being used in the ZF RM?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Do you know what Seiko movement you think it is? Like I said, it’s a 28800 beat rate movement so it can’t be the Seiko NH45A. Was there another Seiko movement being used in the ZF RM?

V4 doesn't run a Seiko, it's most likely a Miyota/Citizen 6T15 which is the non open-heart variant of the 6T28 with the calendar mechanism and the rotor removed. Big giveaway besides the 28800 beat rate is the pivot jewel for the balance is visible on the front behind the deco balance wheel

Reactions: jkent83