• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first super clone RM movement

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
So now we wait and hope and pray that the movement will be made and be affordable and be stuck into a ZF case so we can finally have something that is about 85-90% accurate? Count me in if this happens

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
$20,000 for a rep RM movement, YIKES.

It makes little sense it'll be sold for that price long term. Maybe the very first initial batch for very specific customers, but they'll do almost no volume and can't see them recouping the costs.
For it to be economically viable I would be very surprised if they don't leverage the R&D already carried out and scale production and bring prices down.

Reactions: XLR8R

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
It makes little sense it'll be sold for that price long term. Maybe the very first initial batch for very specific customers, but they'll do almost no volume and can't see them recouping the costs.
For it to be economically viable I would be very surprised if they don't leverage the R&D already carried out and scale production and bring prices down.

If the start price is $20,000 for a rep RM movement not many folks will buy it as the demand is very low for a $20,000 rep RM watch.

Eseips

5/4/16
Nonsense. It will be in larger scale for sure. I bet those guys need some time now to secure production capabilities, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it will be 1k-2k, anything above... don't see it. Even it it is a modified movement like previous comments stated, then economy of scale demands larger production when you buy it.

I'm hyped and can't wait. I check this thread daily... prayers sent.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Nonsense. It will be in larger scale for sure. I bet those guys need some time now to secure production capabilities, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it will be 1k-2k, anything above... don't see it. Even it it is a modified movement like previous comments stated, then economy of scale demands larger production when you buy it.

Amen brother.
:_o_:

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21

Even if it is $2,000 for a rep movement, it is still a high price for a rep movement especially for a rep watch that is no where near the looks of the gen RM.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
You got to love how these guys making this movement chose the JFK approach do things not because they are easy but because they are hard. There are easier RM’s to clone yet they went for one of the more complex ones to start with.

Reactions: leo6929

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
You got to love how these guys making this movement chose the JFK approach do things not because they are easy but because they are hard. There are easier RM’s to clone yet they went for one of the more complex ones to start with.

Lol what? What is complex about this movement? It has zero complications, no chronometer, etc. It's a basic hour/minute/second hand movement. Literally as minimal as a gear train can get.

Reactions: seanizcool