• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

aakish77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/21
I'm having some doubts regarding all this claims.
I have received emails from reputable TDs like chazingtime, intime, trustytime and another one which is nottherighttime ?? Shortoftime....oh was it youhavenotime,
Anyway, they all said factory closed, item out of stock, no longer produced and even now, can't provide details, and yet I received my PAM 671 in best of health from a seller not even listed in this forum and yet I'm only newbie here.
​Go figure and good luck with all those weird answers.
Zb1ZJk.jpg

and to a fella named Jaybee who talks as if he knows what's really happening...
​​​​​​​

Reactions: Stuessi and m5smg2

oay62

1/1/20
South Germany
and to a fella named Jaybee who talks as if he knows what's really happening...

And the reason why you take it so personally is what?

We are all guessing, we all fear the worst and hope for the best. Some just post what they just heard from first hand, many just echo their frustration. Like you do :)

Calm down, mate and wear your PAM in good health...

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
aakish77
Congrats on your new watch & glad it worked from a non-TD. There are horror stories of people being scammed, so am glad it didn't happen to you, well wear and enjoy.

People on this thread are relaying information that they've received from TDs, and whether you choose to believe that info, or not, is entirely your prerogative.

But I think you'll admit that the TDs on the ground, with day to day access to the factories, or not, as the case may be, are arguably the people likely to have the most up to date information?

So if they are saying, in emails to you (or announcements on their website) that they cant get A or B, or that factory A is closed for the time being, I'd be inclined to trust them, with their years of experience, and established reputation, versus someone not on the forum listing.

I'm a patient chap, so am willing to wait for them to report back that they're operational, versus risking my hard earned money with a non-TD, and thats my prerogative.

But it's hardly helpful cussing out another member publicly, that was entirely uncalled for imho!

Last edited:

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
It's kinda pot luck,Trusty Time said I could order the xf pam 127 sead said not yet

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
Yuan and Renminbi is basicly the same. The term "Yuan" is more common but not official and describes one unit. Renminbi is the offical term for the currency but very seldom used outside forex exchange or the financial press.
I saw you bought that mini fiddy build,very nice,if you decide it's not for you once you receive it,pm me bro

Reactions: JayBee0815

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
It's kinda pot luck,Trusty Time said I could order the xf pam 127 sead said not yet

Can order is very different than “will deliver” - a lot of people have been getting refunded via pure time as well as other TDs so order away but I wouldn’t count on anything til you have it in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Can order is very different than “will deliver” - a lot of people have been getting refunded via pure time as well as other TDs so order away but I wouldn’t count on anything til you have it in hand

Yes. I have known my TD for over 10 years, and I just tried to place an order with him for a VSF, but he tried his best to persuade me to wait. It means that even he is not 100% confident that the watch can really be delivered.
He prefers rather to keep a long term friendship than ruining an established and trusted relationship :)

Starry Night

20/1/21
Earth
For me I find this whole situation sad and funny at the same time. I just started becoming involved with Reps after not being able to purchase a few Gens I had my eye on due to the current situation with supply and demand as well as Gray-market inflated prices. Now this happens, you can’t even purchase a Rep form the factory you want, however I was able to purchase a BP DateJust 31mm for my wife and it was delivered yesterday from Trusty. Looks great and she loves it. Now she wants more, and I think I created a monster. She was shock how great it looks while comparing it to her Gens. I guess it’s now a waiting game for the ones I want. Good luck to all.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20

domthedon030

18/9/19
Sead has the VSF 116610LN and LV in stock if it’s of any interest to anyone - just ordered the LN and awaiting QC ????

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
What's the difference ? The size ? 1mm bigger ?

Case size and design (lugs are thinner), bracelet is wider, new movement (3235 vs 3135) with power reserve in the 72 hours range.

Last edited:
Reactions: HomeRye

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
Case size and design (lugs are thinner), bracelet is wider, new movement (3235 vs 3135) with power reserve in the 72 hours range.

Thanks for that. I'm in two minds. I've owned a rep Submariner for many years and it finally died. It was the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. My concern is that if the watch is a little bigger, will it feel different on my wrist and would that be compounded with the wider bracelet ? I'm guess it would. Plus there has been a fair bit of debate on here about the 3235 movement vs the "reliability" of the older 2824 movement.

So that's my dilemma. Plus the fact of the raids creating a backlog of orders and the pressure to fill them (which many see as a likely lowering of quality.) I think waiting a month or so before I seriously consider placing an order is anyone's best option.