• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Williams' Collection Post - either a beautiful thing or a sad thing

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Ok so I've been asked a few times to post my collection by a few people over time, but seeing jm_brc_7057 's awesome collection post, I decided it was time. It took hours to build this thread, mostly because I clearly have a problem with flipping reps. However, I've learned the hobby as a result and can really appreciate a number of the beautiful watches that have come through. The BEST part of this hobby is being able to touch and feel a the majority of the experience of a gen watch at a fraction of the price.

Be Prepared - there are 80 watches in this thread!

Lets start here - I made this a while back:

OPAkc.png

Left to right, top to bottom:

ROW 1
  1. Rolex Submariner 16800 Tiffany dial
    1. Star time re-shaped case (by Jonj480)
    2. Vietnam MQ Dial with tiffany stamp
    3. Gen insert, gen date disc
    4. SH3135 movement
    5. JF Hands, crown/tube. Hands re-lumed by yodog
    6. JF Endlinks/bracelet with BP clasp
  2. 2. Rolex Submariner 16610LV by TC v6
    1. Genuine Insert
  3. Rolex Daytona 116500 by Noob v1
    1. ARF insert and dial, machined and installed by Misiekped
    2. New crystal, thickness at 11.7mm
  4. Rolex GMT Master II 126711 CHNR Rootbeer by GMF (ichs) (no longer own)
    1. Genuine date disc
    2. Prof 2xAR
ROW 2
  1. Patek Nautilus 5711 by PF
    1. Genuine white dial
    2. Keylog date disc overlay
  2. Patek Nautilus 5711 blue by PPF
    1. Dial has been sent to spongebob for Tiffany&Co stamp
  3. Patek Aquanaut 5168G by ZF
    1. Genuine Dial
    2. Keylog date disc
  4. Patek Aquanaut 5167A by ZF
Row 3
  1. Rolex GMT Master 1675 underline gilt dial custom build (no longer own)
    1. Vietnam case, dial
    2. Yodog aged insert and bezel
    3. Raffles hands with yodog lume job
    4. Genuine crown
    5. Genuine date disc
    6. A2836 movement
  2. Rolex GMT Master 6542 albino custom build
    1. Vietnam case, Ruby dial
    2. Yodog bezel, vietnam insert
    3. Raffles hands, aged and lumed by yodog perfectly
    4. Genuine crown
    5. Jubilee from DHGate
  3. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15450 "v3" with updated date disc. There is a new updated version with a better dial out. (no longer own)
  4. Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V by BP Factory
    1. Genuine blue dial
    2. Genuine rubber strap and clasp
    3. Sent to legend to get some more work done - the hand stack was rough due to the dial being a bit thick for the case. Be wary trying to install a gen VC dial on any rep as an FYI.
Row 4
  1. Rolex Yachtmaster fantasy 116655 by JF (no longer own)
    1. Genuine Roulette date disc
  2. Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040 by JJF (no longer own)
  3. Patek Calatrava 5296G by ZF (no longer own)
  4. Rolex Submariner 1680 Tiffany dial by JKF (no longer own)

Watches I currently own (that aren't in the list above):

OXoIE.jpg

^^ IWC Mark XVIII with genuine dial. Working on Genuine Date disc and hands.

OXWnF.jpg

^^ Patek Calatrava 5296G Sector Dial by ZF with genuine sector dial.

Genuine pieces I've owned:

In2i2.jpg

InKVt.jpg

^^ Genuine Ulysse Nardin Valjoux 22 Chronograph. (no longer own)

Okhtb.jpg

^^ Omega f300 Seamaster. Great watch, amazing movement that beats at 300hz due to a tuning fork.

OXqdn.jpg

^^ Seiko Presage SARB0087 (Gen) - great dial, but very thick and low-beat movement. (no longer own)

OXKXc.jpg

^^ Shark watch. Love the colors in the summer time.

Projects in the works:

OXDhv.png

qjiyt.jpg

^^Audemars Piguet 15300 by BP
- Genuine Black dial will be installed shortly
- Case will be thinned

OXn2k.jpg

odXZn.jpg

qJElp.jpg

^^Audemars Piguet 14790 by BP
- Genuine White dial and date disc will be installed
- Case will be thinned

Ok7Rb.jpg

^^ Genuine Patek reference 130 dial, for modified Valjoux 23 movement. I have to find a suitable donor watch.

Od4eY.jpg

OkaoE.jpg

^^ 5402 Project that I am no longer working on. I found a gen dial and gen date disc, but due to the thickness of the date disc, it was not a realistic project (and the center hole of the dial is smaller than the Miyota 9015 on the JF at the time)

Watches I've owned at some point, but no longer do:

qmuDc.png

^^Rolex Submariner 116610LN by ZZF v1

OXU25.jpg

^^ Konstantin Chaykin Joker by V9F with suit strap. This watch felt a bit thick to me.

OXefp.jpg

^^ Patek Calatrava 5296G by ZF

OkvQi.jpg

^^ Rolex GMT Master II Batman by Noob Factory with VRF Insert

OXAWi.jpg

^^ Audemars Piguet ref 15202 by JF.

OX3Z4.jpg

^^ Size comparison of the 37mm AP 15450 by JF, 39mm AP 15300 by BP and 30mm 15202 by DC.

OXlJQ.jpg

^^ Breguet 5177 by FK Factory, v2. Genuine is on bottom. A great rep, and the v3 is even better (thinner).

OXQdS.jpg

OkLK5.jpg

^^ IWC Portuguese 5007 by ZF v4. Great watch, just a tad big for my wrist. Amazing super rep.

OXBOW.jpg

^^ Rolex Datejust 116234 with genuine roulette date disc. Great rep, only needs a 2xAR crystal. I moved on solely due to it feeling a bit too fancy and therefore hardly wearing it.

OXtjP.jpg

^^ Rolex Yachtmaster Blue dial by Noob factory with JF dial and Prof 2xAR crystal.

OX8uJ.jpg

^^ Rolex Daydate 40 by BP. I chose BP even though it has wrong fonts due to the smaller hour marker thickness.

OX66o.jpg

^^ Bell & Ross Heritage BR123. Great watch, great price even, just felt overlapping with my Submariner.

OX1FD.jpg

^^ Rolex GMT Master 1675 custom build based on BP factory. Custom insert and Raffles GMT hand. BP Case and overall elements. Made for my buddy.

OdrLb.jpg

OXylY.jpg

^^ JLC Ultra Thin Moonphase by ZF. I did not like how the moon is flat and therefore hard to see in most lights.

OXYWs.jpg

^^ IWC Chronograph 3777. Amazing dial, Near perfect rep.

Od6Si.jpg

^^ Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk by Noob v9 with Prof 2xAR. Insert was too dark for my taste compared to gen.

OXmj2.jpg

^^ Patek Nautilus 5711 by HBB/V6F. This was the OG best rep available IMO due to the date font size prior to the ZZF.

OXaut.jpg

^^ Patek Calatrava by BP Factory, v2. This was the thick boy with huge deco plate.

OXLQb.jpg

^^ Breguet 7057 by unknown factory. A GREAT rep, but some movements had issues. Thankfully mine did not.

OXhxX.jpg

^^ Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean by Noob. An oldie.

OXHII.jpg

^^ Patek Nautilus 5711 by MKF v4. Had the A2824 movement, so it was thick, and the date font was small, but look at the dial color - it's beautiful!!

OkIBY.jpg

^^ Zenith Pilot Chronograph (I don't remember the factory)

Okq5s.jpg

^^ Patek World Time with blue dial. Has an A2824 movement, and the inner 24hr ring was essentially a GMT function. The blue part is too plastic to enjoy realistically.

Okmb3.jpg

OdfmS.jpg

^^ A Lange & Sohne Tourbillon (v1) - a great watch, just too big for my wrist at 42mm.

OkiTn.jpg

^^ Tudor LHD Diver by XF. Great watch, just too thick for my liking (and I think I like the crown on the other side)

OkWD2.jpg

^^ Audemars Piguet 15400 by JF v3 (I think)

Ok5Mt.jpg

Ok30X.jpg

^^ A Langce & Sohne Saxonia Moonphase by unknown factory. This is as thick as a tuna can, but the moonphase disc is IMO the BEST that has ever been put out.

Oke1F.jpg

^^ A Lange & Sohne Datograph Flyback Chrono by unknown factory. Finish wasn't something I loved.

Ok2Np.jpg

^^ My first rep, ever - the Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Tourbillon. Great rep.

OkK5i.jpg

^^ Rolex Polar Explorer II by Noob CHS. Wasn't a fan of the milky mag, and due to the timebomb movement I didn't want to risk investing in it.

OkzPc.jpg

^^ Panerai Marina Militare

OkjoI.jpg

^^ Rolex Yachtmaster by Noob - for a colleague.

OkDg4.jpg

^^ Nomos Tangomat Date by a factory I can't remember.

Odc11.jpg

^^ A Lange & Sohne rep by MKF. Seconds hand was poorly finished.

OdVHv.jpg

^^ Patek Calatrava 5227G by BP Factory v1. thinner - but the current ZF is superior.

OdxNK.jpg

^^ Rolex Cellini rose gold by VF

Odbt8.jpg

^^ Zenith Pilot 40mm. Amazing rep - but I love a date function.

Od0eR.jpg

^^ IWC Chrono 3714 by ZF

OdG0L.jpg

^^ Patek Chronograph semi-fantasy model based on the YG version, and the rep is 42mm (huge).

OdFPQ.jpg

^^ Patek Nautilus Chronograph by BP - thick as a tuna can.

OdNgW.jpg

^^ Vacheron Constantin Patrimony date, quartz movement. Razor thin. Lack of mechanical movement forced me to move on due to lack of appeal.

OdE4P.jpg

^^ Rolex GMT Master 1675 cheapie build by yodog. I got this for around $400, and is what started my vintage affinity.

Od7yJ.jpg

^^ Patek Calatrava by unknown factory

OdvHo.jpg

^^ Patek Complications 5396R by (I think) KMF

OdsEk.jpg

^^ Omega Seamaster Day Date by unknown factory.

OdMtD.jpg

^^ Omega Seamaster by V6F, older low beat style for a friend.

OdkSs.jpg

^^ Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Chronometre by unknown factory. Decent rep, dial lacks texture of the gen and date goes backwards from gen.

OdXmn.jpg

^^ Patek Nautilus 5711 by BP factory version 4.

OdPcE.jpg

^^ Audemars Piguet 15703 by JF v 9.5

OdC42.jpg

^^ Patek Aquanaut 5167A by V6F

Odpyt.jpg

^^ Breguet 5177 enamel dial by FK Factory. An amazing rep.

Odl3F.jpg

^^ Patek 5167A fantasy blue dial by KMF with Keylog date disc.

OdBE5.jpg

^^ Rolex GMT Master II by Noob v8 with ICHS movement

Odtrp.jpg

^^ Comparison of the PF and PPF v1 dials for the Patek Nautilus 5711

I will probably update this post, maybe make it alphabetical. I'm tired now. Please comment and tell me if you appreciate this stuff lol.

Last edited:

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Wow! Thank you for posting these fine tickers. You are the John Mayer of RWI with great taste in watches. I especially love the photo close ups. Great lighting and excellent macro lens work.

Reactions: mowuee2

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Omg, what a collection. Wear them in good health!! It must have cost a hand and a kidney to source the gen Patek and Vacheron dials that you have. I also like the variety (in terms of brands, dials and colors) in your collection.

Keep it coming, looking forward to your updates...

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow !!! Nice collection man. This was a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing. There are some pieces i really love in your collection. Sad part that you parted with them, but now someone else have joy from them hehe.
On a note: The joker, Breguet classique's, PPP 5396, ALS Datograph, VC tourbillon specially are my favourites.

This project with the vintage PP chrono is really interesting. Please share more when the project progresses. It's a great opportunity. The valjoux movement is easy to work with and find cases, hands etc for.

Ok7Rb.jpg

^^ Genuine Patek reference 130 dial, for modified Valjoux 23 movement. I have to find a suitable donor watch.

Reactions: RYenZero

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This is quality watch collecting sir. Something to aspire to, for sure.

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Finally! Thank you so much for your detailed post, its clear you have put alot of effort into the descriptions and photos. I have been waiting so long for this day :)

I am thoroughly impressed by your franken collection. You have some really rare genuine pieces especially the second row with the pateks. I wanted to do a franken build but I have never actually found a dial that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Wonderful and balanced collection. What’s your wrist size?

Thank you! It's about 6.75"

Great collection- what did you think of the Cellini?

Honestly, I loved it. It's a 'loud' watch though as far as flashiness - and a bit thick honestly for that 'flashy vs dressy' ratio. However, I am considering trying the ZZF Cellini Moonphase now haha.

The joker, Breguet classique's, PPP 5396, ALS Datograph, VC tourbillon specially are my favourites.

This project with the vintage PP chrono is really interesting. Please share more when the project progresses. It's a great opportunity. The valjoux movement is easy to work with and find cases, hands etc for.
Yes thank you! I was hoping someone would notice that rare bird of a dial. It's a very cool dial, and one I hope to bring back to life. It was originally listed on ebay for ~$1900, and I've been watching it over the past few months drop in price, so I offered $400 for it. I consider it a steal, and a 'slow burn' project that will be a lot of fun if I nail the sub dial spacing with the right movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Great collection! I remember when you just joined the forum and we are talking about the VC 14 day tourbillion. You bought, I did not, but in the end I was able to get one last year. Really interested in your patek project. Hopefully it will push through.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Thank you for sharing this infomration, I really enjoyed it!

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
Honestly, I loved it. It's a 'loud' watch though as far as flashiness - and a bit thick honestly for that 'flashy vs dressy' ratio. However, I am considering trying the ZZF Cellini Moonphase now haha.

Thanks for your positive recommendation on the Cellini - I think it’s the perfect addition to my understated collection of Rolex’s and Cartier’s!

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
One of the most incredible collections I've ever seen!

Not to mention the level of photography of these watches is bar none..

Thanks for taking the time to organize and share this with us bro!

Reactions: majwilliams0308

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
What an amazing collection, brother! Truly incredible, and you've done such a phenomenal job with the photography. Your collection is a real masterpiece.

Question: For your picturing with the title "^^ Patek Calatrava 5296G by ZF," did you mean to say "5227G by ZF"?

As an aside, I've been working on consolidating and refining my collection. Once complete, I'll maybe make my own post for everyone's review.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Photography skills over 9000

But do you wear your watch on the right or on the left wrist ?

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
You are one of the few members on here that really stood out to me mainly because I have a similar taste in watches.I purchased a few of the watches you listed above hahah.

Out of everything you listed, the 5168 is still my favorite. I can’t believe you’re able to get a gen dial for.

Looking forward to your AP builds!

Reactions: majwilliams0308

timeistight

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/19
Cool collection, must have cost a fortune :D

That 116234 is looking damn good, is it an ARF?

FourthLetter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
majwilliams0308 Amazing, really appreciate your diversity in the collection.

but let’s be honest, you wear your shark the most, don’t you? That might be the one that catches my eye the most lol

Reactions: cotti-rottie