Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution when paying with a credit-card on TD websites.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another challenge with paying by credit card is that the e-commerce business that processes the transaction is often unaware of the nature of the transaction. If they become aware that they are transacting for counterfeit goods they will terminate relationship with the TD and start issuing refunds which may take some time to come through to the buyer. We have seen this recently with some of the TD's.

The problem I'm seeing is that newbie buyers who have poorly researched, feel they have an added sense of security or recourse to challenge a charge if they feel they have a bad experience with a TD. I.E. the watch isn't as good as the gen or such like. Aside from unwittingly putting themselves at risk of being blacklisted from TDs and this community if they make these kinds of challenges, when an e-commerce platforom stops working, they end up thinking they are being scammed by the TD. The TD then gets heat from the newbie who thinks that they're being scammed.

All this comes out of the issue of newbie laziness / unwilling to invest time to learn about the nature of this marketplace before transacting.

#trustthemoderation and use Transferwise, BTC etc to avoid any of these problems.
    Last edited by WatchMeSailor; 09-09-20, 22:23.

Comment

Thanks, took the transferwise option, double bonus as there was a discount with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Do that with one of our dealers or any dealers on any forum and I can tell you there's one place where you won't win, it's here, you'll perhaps your money back, but you'll loose more than money.

The caution advice is also regarding some of the fees associated with direct CC payment, not only fraud.
        I highly doubt that!!!!! I do not deal with amateur cards. If there was an ounce of fraud on my Amex, Chase or Citii cards I would not pay a CENT. If that happened they would issue me a credit and a new card plus Fedex a new one to my address. As far as charge backs..if I am not happy with a service, commodity or anything else and the vendor will not rectify the situation I will do a charge back. I have never been rejected because my claims are justified. I have never done a CB with a TD but if I did I doubt there would be any resistance as there was an obvious problem...like never shipping..etc.. . If your so called black ball MIGHT happen...then I would use one of my corporate Amex, Chase or Citi cards. Now to what the OP was saying if you use a subprime card you might not have any other course than to accept it..
        I would not even pay my best friend, a mechanic, to work on my vehicle and pay cash, zelle, venmo or wire transfer. If you are a real business then accept cards and charge accordingly. I just paid a $30 premium for a watch purchased from PT and I was happy to do so.....piece of mind!. good luck!
        Last edited by geoxman; 11-09-20, 00:37.

Comment

Originally posted by geoxman View Post

I highly doubt that!!!!! I do not deal with amateur cards. If there was an ounce of fraud on my Amex, Chase or Citii cards I would not pay a CENT. If that happened they would issue me a credit and a new card plus Fedex a new one to my address. As far as charge backs..if I am not happy with a service, commodity or anything else and the vendor will not rectify the situation I will do a charge back. I have never been rejected because my claims are justified. I have never done a CB with a TD but if I did I doubt there would be any resistance as there was an obvious problem...like never shipping..etc.. . If your so called black ball MIGHT happen...then I would use one of my corporate Amex, Chase or Citi cards. Now to what the OP was saying if you use a subprime card you might not have any other course than to accept it..
          I would not even pay my best friend, a mechanic, to work on my vehicle and pay cash, zelle, venmo or wire transfer. If you are a real business then accept cards and charge accordingly. I just paid a $30 premium for a watch purchased from PT and I was happy to do so.....piece of mind!. good luck!
          You are quite a demanding one aren't you ? May I remind you what type of goods we are dealing with here ?

I was not saying anything regarding the ability of your card provider or your "non amateur" card to be able to reject any extra charge, that was not the point.

My point and you have given me all the reason to made it even more clear, was that, you don't do a chargeback on any of the dealer without asking for approval to do it to a staff member if you have an issue with the dealer, failing to follow that rule get you banned and blacklisted from all the TD across all boards, after that, good luck finding someone to sell you a rep, no matter the card you used.

You are nothing special here, nor your card is, so you should really watch how you talk to people.

Comment

So tell me, have you always been a total cock or is it just an internet persona? You must be a ball of fun at parties.
            I'm telling you now sonny jim, do an unauthorised chargeback on one of our dealers and it will not end well for you, alles klar?

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
            hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

As i said, I have never have jackass. but if I order something and as I stated...it is never shipped then I will. As should be expected. If its a piece of crap then I will try and work it out. My name is not Jim, Sonny Jack, but good guess for you. alles klar herr kommissar
              If i have fraud I report it it...get a new card and never look back. No not a total cock I just understand how credit cards work. Life of the party no, nor do I want to be. This thread was about precautions of using a CC when purchasing and unless you are using a subprime card I do not think there is anything to worry about. As to the thread above yours...I have never seen REPLICA anything on a CC bill. It is usually watch band, computers, electronics etc,, so I doubt anything will arise..but thanks for looking out!

Comment

As i said, I have never have jackass. but if I order something and as I stated...it is never shipped then I will. As should be expected. If its a piece of crap then I will try and work it out. My name is not Jim, Sonny Jack, but good guess for you. alles klar herr kommissar
                If i have fraud I report it it...get a new card and never look back. No not a total cock I just understand how credit cards work. Life of the party no, nor do I want to be. This thread was about precautions of using a CC when purchasing and unless you are using a subprime card I do not think there is anything to worry about. As to the thread above yours...I have never seen REPLICA anything on a CC bill. It is usually watch band, computers, electronics etc,, so I doubt anything will arise..but thanks for looking out!

Comment

This is all well and good, but the reality is that if you don't follow the formal process, a bunch of people who have your true name and address will take a decision not to sell to you ever again. They'll basically pass on your details within the sellers and moderators of all the related communities so that you will have great difficulty buying again. Depending on how difficult you are, they may chose to publish your information online, potentially send it to the credit card company and explain circumstances, which may create more problems for you. It's all well and good to beat your chest and so on but spend some time reflecting on the guidance around purchasing that members have invested so much time in creating and spend an hour or so reading through the various discussions in the brig to understand what can happen when people do break the rules.

I'm not saying you would break rules by the way, far from it. I'm just suggesting you do your research and make your decisions with eye wide open.

Comment

Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
                    I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

geoxman Solving situations amicably is part and parcel of this forums, trying every way possible to be gracious and understanding until it is truly clear that the other party is unreasonable. Forums like RWI bring a kind of transparency and safety to buying from this trade, I would never take it for granted and I suggest you do to. Being nice, patient and understanding doesn’t cost much

Comment

Oh dear, that was dumb. Don't try to return "Phil from Saint Louis" (yes I know who you are) as you are no longer welcome here. You don't have the right attitude for this hobby being a right self absorbed twat.

************************************************** ********
                        People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                        ************************************************** *************
                        hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                        ************************************************** ********
                        When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Working...
                        X