• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
VSXwF6.md.jpg

VSXfrh.md.jpg

Ok, received the Jack Wu Amazon Noob V9 Smurf.

Was shipped and delivered from Hong Kong right on time. Forgive the photos because I'm still in the processes of removing all of the plastic wrap that was on the watch, so there was some residuals still there.

Watch came in a Rolex box, with papers. Jack Wu put a couple of extra links in the bracelet to fit my 8" wrist. I compared this watch to a friend's Gen Ceramic Sub, and cosmetically neither one of us could detect a difference in fit and finish, casework or the dial. The 904L steel appears to be legit, since we could not tell the difference between them either.

Of course, this watch has 904L not solid white gold, so there is a slight difference in the color of the steel. Huge weight difference as well.

The dial is definately off from the Gen, being a sunburst blue, instead of a flat blue.

Only other differences we detected was the crown function wasn't as smooth and easy as the Gen. The other thing was the clasp, which wasn't as nice as the Gen, with the glide-lock kind of jumpy.

I was surprised that this watch came with the polished center links like the Gen, since the Amazon photos didn't show that.

I haven't gotten around to opening up the case to see if I have a "real" ETA movement in it, because I haven't gotten the "Rolex Case-Back" tool that I am ordering yet.

Watch after 4 days is running +3 seconds a day, which shows me it is either an Asian Clone or the real deal.

This is the 1st Rep watch I have ever owned and am impressed.

But my impression also lead me to believe I will never purchase a Gen Rolex, ever again, even if I hit the Lotto.

Right now I am more impressed with the Gen 2018 Omega Seamaster 42mm 300, with the 8800 movements. That watch is heads above any Rolex stainless steel sub, ever made.

I plan on picking that one up next month for $4,200.

Fucck Rolex in their Kool-Aid marketing and restricted manufacture to drive the prices of their stainless steel watches to being almost impossible to get, and if so a Stainless Hulk on the Gray Market for $18K WTF!

Last edited:
Reactions: arayo

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
I also purchased a Sub rep from Jack on amazon. Traveling right now, but super impressed with the V9 Noob black Sub.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm glad you started a new thread on this, that way the other thread can stay focused on the Noob factory police raid. However, if you had posted this new thread in the Rolex sub-forum, you would get more responses.

I'll wait until you get your Rolex case back opener to make any comments.

You might want to have a look at a rep Omega Seamaster similar to the gen you're contemplating on buying. There's one made by the VSF factory selling for $348.00 which has some good reviews in the Omega sub-forum.

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
I’m also interested in what’s under the hood when you get your tool. I was told by Jack to take it to a watch repair and they will verify authentic new ETA. I just got it a couple days ago and haven’t done it yet.

wallyvon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
You guys should try the ball of duct tape method to open your casebacks

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Well, right away if it has that dial it certainly is not a noob anything....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke What do we have here?

Well I can tell you we have some terrible pics .totally out of focus and I can tell you it's canal street ,Get some in focus pics Stevie wonder can take better pics than this .If you get do get some clear pics we can see what you have

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse and Rx4Time

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Well I can tell you we have some terrible pics .totally out of focus and I can tell you it's canal street ,Get some in focus pics Stevie wonder can take better pics than this .If you get do get some clear pics we can see what you have

Thanks Smoke. It has a wokky rehaut and what appears like a zit pearl. Chazman1946 can you post some better pics including the pearl.....and the movement.

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Well, right away if it has that dial it certainly is not a noob anything....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the blue sunburst, I already stated that, or is there something g else wrong?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Are you referring to the blue sunburst, I already stated that, or is there something g else wrong?

I’ll give you credit for posting this after all the sh!t you got on the other thread. However, this is not a Noob v9. I imagine it has a 2813 movement. Please post some clearer pics and crack open that case back.

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
I’ll try to get some better pics up for the black one I purchased. I’ll be back from out of town later today. I ordered a sticky ball, but haven’t gotten it yet to take the back off, so I might not have movement pictures today.

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I'm taking these photos with my Samsung Galaxy 8 note, not a Hasselblad 500, so excuse the lack of Magazine grade photos. Heres a couple more about as good as I can take.

Jack Wu ensured me it is a V9, and if I'm not mistaken the V8 also came in 904L, and according to him the only upgrade from V8 to V9 was an cerochrome bezel.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I'm taking these photos with my Samsung Galaxy 8 note, not a Hasselblad 500, so excuse the lack of Magazine grade photos. Heres a couple more about as good as I can take.

Jack Wu ensured me it is a V9, and if I'm not mistaken the V8 also came in 904L, and according to him the only upgrade from V8 to V9 was an cerochrome bezel.
VS57H0.md.jpg

VS5jKD.md.jpg

I take better pictures than that with a potatoe.

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Wow, you dudes certainly are insular in your arguments of your favorite fakes! This is the first one I have ever owned and so far the fit and finish and overall construction of this specific watch is well worth the money I paid for it, even if it had "Noob" on the dial instead of Rolex.