• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep purchase.. got seized :-))

MB62

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/18
Hi guys,

I made my first rep purchase last week. A Rolex OP JF 144300 Grey dial.

All went well with the TD.

It was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. On the day of the supposed delivery I noticed it stayed at the delivery facility of DHL from 7:00 in the morning. Normally it should be given to the courier and delivered to my home.

At around 12 o'clock noon DHL called me and said "Your package was requested back by customs because of suspicion of fake merchandise, we'll call you back on Friday".

Shipment is now 2 days on hold at the sort facility.

Damn guys what a bummer.. I was really excited of receiving my first rep, after reading up for months about rep's....

Just my luck I guess!

I already (of course) contacted the TD, after receiving the letter of seizure they will send another watch.. Hopefully with triangle shipping this me!
But receiving said letter can also take weeks :))

Just a heads up for anyone in Belgium.. Please do not use DHL!

Reactions: Makobesh

sputim

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Patron
Certified
20/1/13
Damn bad luck mate..where are you located?

MB62

10/3/18
I'm from Belgium.

Yeah man incredible bad luck.. I was so excited of finally getting it.. Can't even describe it.

I guess everyone here knows the feeling of getting your first rep? Jeez what a disappointment Wednesday was!

DHL called me again today, I did not pick up the phone. They left a voice message "Hi Sir, I am calling you to inform that your package is with customs because there were some problems. Please call us back at XXXXX and ask for Christian".

I am not going to call back. Just going to wait it off, I hope I'll just get the seizure letter ASAP so the TD can send a new watch.

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
F#ck me dead, that is very sad to hear, mate.
I'll keep fingers crossed so you receive your second delivery & your first REP in good health.

Side note: In the past I made an inquiry to a TD from RWI, asking him for a specific watch and triangle shipment. He tried to convince me going direct shipment what I refused to do so. I go always triangle due to strict custom rules & control in Germany.

Last edited:

MB62

10/3/18
The TD never mentioned anything.. Again it's my first rep purchase.

TD only said 40 USD for shipping

Edit: I am not blaming this on the TD any way! It's just bad luck I guess...

Reactions: zodl

MB62

10/3/18
Update:

DHL page now says “ please contact dhl “ and there is a final delivery notice.

Guess its 100% seized now.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Germany, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Lux, and of course Switzerland. Are extremely high risk places to send to.

Last edited:

MB62

10/3/18
You haven't got the letter yet?

They actually called you.. I've not heard of that before

Hi,

No I haven't got the letter yet, after researching some Belgium forums it appears that receiving the letter from customs could take up to 60 days, some people did not even receive a letter which I found strange to be honest. They should be obliged to let you know it got seized, right?

I emailed the TD about this and asked if they could re-ship with the current evidence that I'm not going to receive the watch. I hope he will agree but on the other hand of course I would understand if they would rather wait for the letter of customs.

And yes they called me, I still got the voice message on my phone :))

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
MB62 well best of luck i hope your TD can reship once you have evidence

There is a few instances where people receive a fine, so be prepared because that could happen.

Unfortunately a customer of mine in Switzerland, he received a very large fine more than 1000 euro

Reactions: esvi76

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
MB62 well best of luck i hope your TD can reship once you have evidence

There is a few instances where people receive a fine, so be prepared because that could happen.

Unfortunately a customer of mine in Switzerland, he received a very large fine more than 1000 euro

I am in Switzerland.. I normally have Toro ship to Spain or UK and then someone sends it to Germany and I pick it up there.. so far it always worked. In theory the fine is not the end of it, since the owner of the IP can sue you up to the value of the item... now I am planning my next purchase the skeletized AP tourby.. value 200k Euro.. hmm maybe I should pass..

MB62

10/3/18
Well, if they impose a fine or the owner of the intellectual property sues me I can always take it to court.

It is up to them to prove that I bought fake merchandise. It is very much plausible I acted in "good faith". This is a legal principle we have in Belgium that if you act in "good faith" you can not be held responsible.

I think I will say that I just won a prize on a website and they would send the prize from China or something like that.

Don't make me panic guys!!! hahaha :))

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
DHL force my packages, coming outside of EU, being sized while they trying to bill me for their services 70€ many times since early '00s.
I always had to go at the airport offices, demand my papers, deny paid them anything and run the procedures my own.

Now i just never use those cretins and avoid anyone use them as the only way for shipping..

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That’s some bad luck OP. I can’t comment on the shipping procedures in your country but I wonder why these TDs are still using DHL.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
If I recall correctly my parcel from InTime triangled to Belgium... but it was a Registerd Letter...
Lately DHL is less safer (Custom risk speaking)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
That sucks OP, hope it gets sorted.

Out of curiosity, how did DHL end up with your telephone number? Deny everything.

They are the worse courrier - 1st rep - not at home, so they threw the box over the fence into the back garden. Second rep - left it on my doorstep (lucky I live in a good area...) Here in the UK they also fucked up delivering chicken for KFC and shut them down for 2 days as well...