• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Am I right in saying that no: Patek, AP, Lange, Vacheron ect can ever be a "super rep". The level of finishing would cost too much to replicate.

ywg

3/7/17
What would you guys say about the 15400 JF V4? Reviewed here, although I think this is the V3: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...380-jf-ap-15400st-gen-vs-rep-mini-review-blue

Main issue would be the open case back. But other than that...

The guilloche pattern is a little different from gen it's just "bigger" and contains less lines per square, the "A" in "SWISS MADE" has a "flat roof" and it shouldn't - it's a font issue, the printing itself is considerably dull and greyish, especially noticed when comparing. DW is not perfect, I would switch to Mikey's, open case back, the engravings on the rotor, the lack of a surrounding ring around the rotor axle, the lack of the wholes in which the jewels are placed on the rotor axle, and I can go on about identifying the movement discrepancies.

ywg

3/7/17
Am I right in saying that no: Patek, AP, Lange, Vacheron ect can ever be a "super rep". The level of finishing would cost too much to replicate.

Not particularly true, for instance if some factory manages to pull up a super clone 3126 (multiple problems solved, open case back, case thickness, tachy to date location and etc) and manages to replicate all the counterparts "1:1", well that's a jackpot. I also know V6F will try to make a super rep 5711 and with their creme de la crop super clone 324 sc... perfect!

Reactions: BlackJaguar

kabelboy

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
3/6/18
are the new ARF Submariner 116610 LN super reps as advertised? Cant really figure out which versions are exacly meant in the super rep thread for that.

Repwatcher01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18

I would say that's true to the extent one believes that replicating the movement is as important to super rep status as replicating the aesthetic of the exterior of the watch. No factory will ever be able to replicate the design & finishing of a Patek, Lange, or VC movement.
​​​​​​
That said, there are Patek, Lange, & VC models with closed case backs that hide the movement which very accurately replicate the visible parts of the watch. Those watches could be considered NWBIG, though not super rep.

In my personal opinion, the JJF VC Overseas is one such watch. The exterior visible design of the watch is flawlessly replicated, while the miyota movement is hidden behind a sealed case back. No one would ever know it's a rep without a screwdriver and a lot of patience.

dondarel

Horology Curious
21/1/17
Can anyone explain to me why the Breitling Transocean (v7) in white dial isnt a near superrep, while the blue dial is? I've tried comparing pictures with gen to rep and don't see any difference in colour.

balanar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/17
Can anyone explain to me why the Breitling Transocean (v7) in white dial isnt a near superrep, while the blue dial is? I've tried comparing pictures with gen to rep and don't see any difference in colour.

Yes this would help me out as well as I fell in love with the white dial the moment I saw it. Still gonna be buying it, just want to know what exactly is "wrong" with it that the blue dial got right.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13

I agree.

XM195

Horology Curious
26/6/18
What do you guys think about EBEL 1911 Discovery chrono? I heard it's really good rep, and one member on RWG is selling his gen cos rep is so good :D

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Probably we didn't have any comparison of the white dial with gen. :)

Kingcac

Known Member
4/12/18
Detroit
Hello, newbie here. Been dissecting this thread for days.

“Rolex Sub 16610 TC”. I can’t seem to figure out which model is this in the Super Rep section. Can someone help me with the details on this Sub. Thank you.

Reactions: snorky1

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Hello, newbie here. Been dissecting this thread for days.

“Rolex Sub 16610 TC”. I can’t seem to figure out which model is this in the Super Rep section. Can someone help me with the details on this Sub. Thank you.

Made by the producer TC who stopped producing watches in the beginning of last year I think. You can get one of these used in the M2M section.

Reactions: snorky1 and Kingcac

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
We adding on? I know of several more that did not make the cut. Cartier Roadster female version for example that is out of production several years is TITS...

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I have the Ebel 1911 Discovery as REP and it is indistinguishable from the original.

Ebel 1911 is one of the best superreps ever made cuz it was made in accordance to the gen's scheme and layout obtained by rep makers. Ebel was in a big crisis then and now they have been acquired by movado and sold their inhouse movement to UN. Sad story.

ferrari_xxx

Horology Curious
6/12/18
I'm looking for thin watches, the case is just 40 mm and under 11mm thick,so best rep of ZF factory at the moment, guys?