• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So Now The Cartel Shows It's True Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Well now Dave has confirmed in this forum that Andrew and Josh are price gouging and trying to intimidate the competition by threatening their supplies. Apparently Andrew e-mailed Hont directly and told him that if he did not play ball he would no longer be able to acquire some of his watches such as the AP as Dave was so nice to point out. Thank you Dave. I had heard this but I had not had it confirmed to me prior. I would find it amazing that anyone would choose to do business with any dealer that has so blatantly chosen to attempt to screw us as these guys have. I would encourage you to discontinue doing business with these assholes. You can do whatever your conscience allows you, but once someone has shown such an out and out contempt for me I am done with them.

And before anyone says it, I know that prior the Cartel has caught a lot of crap on here, but you may search my posts and you will find that I have never been anything but complimentary about them, and sent many a noob to them for a first purchase.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Re: So Now Andrew Enters The Fray

oh, believe me. the cartel is still intact.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind of this. I do believe however that as fas as this forum is concerned it would behoove you to stock V2.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06

i am sure suppliers are being locked down as we speak.

mickeypro

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/06

why would anyone buy a version 1 with 2 already being out

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06

money.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA

It'd take a pretty big discount to get me to pick the V1 over the V2... how low will they go????

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08

brtelec said:
The score is Josh and Hont V1

Andrew and Angus V2
Do Hont and Josh not have the V2? It looks like it to me..

Hont's:
DSC06312.jpg

Josh's:
15.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

Main tell is lume marker at 3 o clock and 12 o clock... Otherwise, both look very convincing relative to the gen article. Just to comment here... They are not v1 vs v2. They come from a different factory.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06

V2 is only preorder at j/a/puretime....

Lets wait for a V2 price from Hont... I expect something very low :twisted: :twisted:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

:p This maybe the return of sub 250USD excellent Asian 7750 based replica watch. Factor that with low USD against Eur... It's buying spree time!

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06

Indeed!

I am really surprised about the pricing - the HBB factory offering such a discount watch? :)

Well who cares as long the quality is good as the HBB... :)

I still dont know which colour I like most :p

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

I will stick to black... The grey colour is calling me too. I am intending to buy this together with Ultimate BCE. Either one must have black or grey dial.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06

takashi said:
Main tell is lume marker at 3 o clock and 12 o clock... Otherwise, both look very convincing relative to the gen article. Just to comment here... They are not v1 vs v2. They come from a different factory.

So what this means is that which ever version the consumer likes the most, and sells the most... becomes the ultimate version.. and priced accordingly.. I think the 2nd coming looks better and I would pay a little more for it.. but that's bout it.
(unless we find more wrong with it than initially thought).

I have the 2nd coming .. ordered... will ship next week. I will do a review as fast as humanly possible.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06

takashi said:
I will stick to black... The grey colour is calling me too. I am intending to buy this together with Ultimate BCE. Either one must have black or grey dial.
avengersky1sx8.jpg

8)

How much are these gen calf straps?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06

The last time I check with tongue buckle is 120 Eur. Anyway, I have a gen black gator so... Black dial is a good choice for me.

Anyway, please take note the pole of minute and hour hands. They have to be grey too for grey dial and blue for blue dial. The black one is the most spot on IMHO.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06

There are still minor modifications will be made before next Monday, they are:
1. Bracelet will be released at the same time (even better quality than the BCE Ultimate and the SOSF).
2. The area near the pin of the hands will be corrected to same as the dial color.

This means the flaw you mentioned will be corrected, right?

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08

takashi said:
They are not v1 vs v2. They come from a different factory.
Good comment. Yes, Josh and Andrew sell the same version (rubber strap) that Hont sells... it's not V1 and V2, they're just from different factories.... Josh and Andrew sell the rubber strap version (blue or black) for $298, Hont sells the exact same ones for $258. It's a new rep, not old version.. just added to Andrew's site 5 days ago. Just from different factory than the leather strap version. Both look to be excellent reps.

brtelec

Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix

I am not in the market for this watch at the time being, but I would wait until this shakes out and see what Angus and Hont ultimately end up with. Not just because of price, but that is a contributing factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.