• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thief call out: HAUTEHORLOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Pending resolution

!! THIS THREAD HAS BEEN APPROVED BY RWI STAFF !!

Hi all,

I'm opening this thread to warn the community about a member (which also mods watches) that stole me my watch. This member is HAUTEHORLOGE (xxxxx /Real name edited out//coax).

Long story short: end of August, 2014, I send him my Rolex GMT Master II BLNR to get the platinum paint mod done, as he agreed to do it for a small fee, having already done it for members before. He isn't a trusted modder, but for some reason I had trust in the membership here, and I had heard good things about his skills and behavior.

He receives the watch, should take less than 2 weeks, everything's fine.

Then the delays start, and he comes up each time with utter-BS excuses (his dogs have been injured, his watches have been confiscated by tax service, etc.).

I keep regularly asking him for updates, sometimes he answers, sometimes not. When I advised him that I'm in touch with sales mod Steelfish regarding this, he gets more responsive, yet doesn't ship the watch back.

End of February, after me firmly asking for my watch back, he says it is finished and ready to ship. He even sends me a tracking number, as well as pics of the package with my watch in a bubble package, and a box of a bottle of champaign (to make me excuse him for the delays, he says). How nice.

A week after, package arrives. The bubble package is there, but there is no watch. It is f*ckin empty !!! As for the champaign, the box is there, too. Inside, there is a cheap bottle of orange juice.

I of course got back to him upon this joke. He never answered, and keeps posting on the forum.

Not only he stole me my watch (which I am really attached to), and he dares to mock me, sending me an empty package. This is disgusting.

I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU NEVER DEAL WITH MEMBER HAUTEHORLOGE. HE'S A DISHONEST THIEF.

Reactions: tortuga368

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Damn man, sorry to hear that. :( This thing with empty package and bottle of juice is ridiculous.

panasol

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/11
EU
Yack.... That sucks big time
Did you take an unboxing video?

I always do when I'm expecting watches, straps etc from other members or dealers...

Cos now he can say that he sent you the watch and you are simply making this up (the Orange juice bottle)

???????? ??? ?? HTC One_M8 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk

barth

5/10/12
Yack.... That sucks big time
Did you take an unboxing video?

I always do when I'm expecting watches, straps etc from other members or dealers...

Cos now he can say that he sent you the watch and you are simply making this up (the Orange juice bottle)

???????? ??? ?? HTC One_M8 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk

I should have. I only have pictures of the opened package.

It hadn't been opened during shipping, it was intact.

Plastiker

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/14
Monaco do Bavaria
This is very annoying! Cant believe somebody does something like That. According to bis Name he is German! File a complaint with the police...

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Sorry to hear about this mate, I have dealt with Daniel in the past, he has sent watches for modding or serving before now.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I am speechless ! he took the time to send you an empty box and oranges ?? are you giving us the full picture because I can not add 1 + 1 in this story except if he really think you are the stupidest man around, if this is real this call for retaliation I would personally start with exposing his personal details and send him back a box of dog ****s... but that is just me...

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
That read like a politician's campaign add...."I approve this message"...

That sucks

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
Sorry to hear that. I always take a video of unboxing since I heard of the same thing happening to a guy who bought a $2000 camera from Hong Kong. He got a brick instead of a camera !

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
this guy needs his nuts cut off with a rusty knife.

what address did you originally send your package to? his house? i say we pay him a visit

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
the Op HAUTE just said he would replied promptly to this, I just cant figure why, if he is a thief, he sent you an empty box and oranges instead of your watch..., this is EPIC !

revhrd

5/2/11
Interesting seeing as a recent post defending modders was discussed. Sorry for your situation, hopefully a resolution can be achieved :)

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I did approve this being posted. Hautehorologe is no saled . He won´t harm us no more.
Thanks OP for the heads up :thumbsup:

barth

5/10/12
Let me precise that I warned him various time that I would end up opening such a thread.

I don't know what BS answer he's going to come up with, but this situation is definately not something I looked for.

Tapatalked

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
It is time to speak up in this situation - as i already did before via PM. But as i am stated to be a common thief, i would like to first introduce myself and explain the whole story from the beginning.

I am running my own business in marketing and business development for the luxury industry and i am part of the rep game now for almost 2 years here on the forums. In that time, i have proven myself as a reliable member, who collects and shares his knowledge of watches, specialized on Rolex. I have done several deals on the sales board successfully and reliable and i am thankful for this playground where i made some very good personal friends.

Now let me begin to enlighten the story with the venerated member barth. I will be honest and share personal stuff with all of you to show my credibility: In summer last year, he came up to me on RWI via PM and asked me to do a platinum paint job on his BP BLNR GMT, as he saw my shared work and liked the result. We came clear about a symbolic fee of 20,-€ for the work and he sent me the watch. (I already planned to do the work for free, as i have fun doing this work and love to share.)

At that time a few personal issues came in and needed my full concentration. First, i got money stolen (i am speaking about a few thousands that are gone forever) by credit card fraud from some monkeys (no pun intended) somewhere in the desert of Africa. After that my two little boys (i am speaking about my two dogs) got involved in a very heavy accident. Both lost some toes and it was a bloody and traumatic experience. Quickly after that the collection office came up to me and froze my bank accounts, and seized some of my personal stuff, including my watch collection. All that because my b*stard of tax accountant made sh*t with my personal finances. This whole stuff was topped like a cherry on the cake by my parter cheating on me. All that sh*t happened within weeks, causing 2014 to be a big fat exam of life. You all may know that i was away from the forum for some time. That was because of these situations. I also explained that in several PMs to Rich Hitch. As you all read, he is claiming this all is bullish*t. You surely want to have proof, here you go:

My little boys and the medical documents:

The seizure receipt, signed by the public collection office:

Now let us going on, laying my private live on the public table, as there seems no way to avoid this.
In the past months, i was trying to get onto the boat again. I had to reorganize my whole live, clear my financial situation, throw out my partner and help my dogs to recover. I did so and since a few weeks i can state that i am standing strong again.

So i had the energy, time and joy to come back slowly to my favorite hobby: The rep game. One of the first things, after apologizing to barth (what i did more than once), i finished the work on his watch, packed it well and as a sign of honor, i wrote him a personal letter and packed a bottle of Veuve with it so that he may have a bit of joy for the long waiting time. I also stated that i, of course, will not charge him for my service. So the parcel went to the post office and piece of mind in another story that embarrassed me in my honor set in.

Here you have the pics i made before shipping for him. I will not show all of them as i am not threatening him to show HIS personal data:

It was one week later, when i got a PM from Hitch, stating that the box he received was empty. He threatened me with this words:

"So I received the package. As you know, there was no watch inside, and there was no Veuve Clicquot either (but it wasn't due to me, though it was quite foolish to pretend). No, the package hasn't been opened. I don't understand why you did this, except to give me some fake hope. This is extremely disappointing, and I find it very nasty, too. This is very far from the description ProHunter (RG) made of you. I will see what I can do to convince you to send me a package WITH MY WATCH in it. I will talk to some friends of mine, and get advice here and there. But trust me, it wasn't a smart move, at all."

I didn't answer to that message, as it was shockingly barefaced and malicious in my eyes. So after i always stayed honest and never hid behind bulls*t as he states and making a final honorable gesture of friendship, i have to admit that i thought he may f*ck off.

He didn't even bother to speak up to me about the situation, he didn't come up with ANY proof whatsoever. We could have sorted out the situation. The parcel was sent with insurance, the first thing to do would have been to come up to the postal companies. I have to correct myself actually: The first thing to do would have been to behave honorable and try to clear the situation with me instead of pointing his finger against me.

Harsh words are quickly spoken, as you can see by the other members posts in this thread. But i invite you to think about the whole story in a respectable manner. I have nothing to hide and i came clear publicly about my personal and business live now. I have proven myself to be honorable on the boards. I also invite you to speak with my dear friend ProHunter(RG) about the whole story. He very well knows it and helped me more than once. I already have a small but good collection of high grade watches. And now i ask you all, what use this watch would have had for me. Keep it? No way, it is not the quality i would order or accept for myself (not to harm anyones taste). Sell it? Where? And what for? 200 Bucks? Honestly i have way more expensive stuff i could sell in financial trouble and i did. Keep the parts? As Hitch states, there was a swiss ETA inside the watch. I cannot confirm that as i offered him to grease the seals for free and he declined. Anyway, i already have a Tissot beating in my beloved GMT franken, so there wouldn't have been any use for it.

I would like to bring this to an end now. I have embarrassed myself enough and i won't speak up again. It is your choice, what to believe and i kindly invite barth to speak up to me again in a respectable manner.

All the best
Haute Horloge

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
I've bought from Hautehorologe before. Slightly slow on the communications (3 days) but I received the watch through fedex of all things, with a handwritten note.

On all counts, from my experience, this is a good seller.

EDIT: to add, the box that Daniel used looks like it had been used once already. If he taped the box up, then sent it over, somebody could have easily cut the tape open and re-taped it up. I'm not taking sides here but I think we need more information before we can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.