• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MBK Bangkok Review

triz0

Looking Around
11/6/17
Hey guys sorry for late update , the past few people that posted nailed it.

as everyone says great to hold and feel the watches in real life but what are you holding?

Unless you can tell the difference between a noob factory watch and any other replica it's pointless wasting your money here.
From what i can see the TD's on here give you some form of QC and at least you can speak to them directly about it and see reviews about the watch you will be buying.
The prices in some places in Thailand are ridiculous - because they expect you to barter by more than half of the asking price , thats all these guys do all day is sell replica watches to tourists.

( i have not yet bought from a TD but will very soon after hunting for a watch in thailand)

i am a NOVICE with rep watches and apologise up front for not knowing what i should to give you guys better information

so as of june 26th 2017 heres what happened to me ( it may be different for you don't let this post stop you from looking)

BANKOK
MBK-
yes you can still get watches there depending on the day try a weekend , price's vary so much it hurts my brain also after researching on RWI i noticed differences in watches at different dealers some were better quality then others yet the seller's are un aware so if you know what to look for and can be prepared to walk away you might get a bargain depending on your luck nut its doubtful.

THE MAIN DIFFERNCE FROM 2015 - The variety of watches has dropped dramatically everyone has the same shit. when i was there 2 years ago there were so many more watch options now its not as fun to look at every different stall as they are all selling the same thing.
everyone has the same 2 colours of day date rolex or what ever.

I've been to this place 5 times plenty of other crap to buy there as well.

PROJECT TIME in MBK - Go and see the guy if you want watch straps or repairs done but don't get your hopes up like i did , it was an off day for the entire centre when i went there and no one looked happy. He did open up a rep day date i had and couldn't repair it as he didn't have the parts but if you check out the Facebook page they obviously work on heaps of watches so I'm putting it down to a shit day. They are on the 3rd live in the back corner tiny shop google still says level 6 its wrong.

ASIATIQUE-

Then name says it all , this place is overpriced in general and full of tourist (like me) there are heaps of watch stalls in here maybe 10 of them and they all have the same stuff mbk has ,from what i can tell one guy runs 7 of the stalls and the prices are the same. They do get desperate some times and the price drops from 3500 to 1800 baht but only on a dead rainy night.

PATPONG NIGHT MARKET - same deal , a little bit more variety on some nights and the prices drop dramatically around 12-1am when they are packing up but again same shit. I Have never been here and not seen watches for sale. The place can get pushy its a street stall deal surrounded by strip clubs some friends were eaten alive in them clubs for money the whole area can be real fun or a real money pitt.

PHUKET
- stalls along the beach road and second street back with some shity looking reps and usually the old looking book out the front , pick this book up and you will be immediately served by someone saying "i have more out in the back room"

now i have no problem going with these people to these back rooms as friends know where i am and i have friends in phuket that are Thai who can keep an eye on me.

In saying that one of the back rooms i went to at night time went a bit south. it had a heavy steel door and it was locked behind me as i entered.
The room had another two people in it (not customers) and straight away i felt uncomfortable.
All was well i was browsing the rep watches , bags and pens and then when we were haggling over prices (and i was ready to buy) it got heated.

With out getting in to too much detail and scaring anyone all i can say is I actually had to force my way out of there and it almost resulted in a full blown fight and not on my account as I'm a patient person especially in a foreign country.

when i got out and walked down the street the guy come running out and agreed on my price.
i think he was scared i would dob him in to the police. I told him i don't want the item (a wallet) and he begged me to take it for half what i originally offered.

I told the guy "we are all good don't worry about it i don't want it" he apologised and left.

UPDATE FINISHED

I hope this helps some one in the future. If you can handle haggling and some mild drama it can be fun and you can get a deal here and there. i bought some Panerai's with no idea what i was looking at and gave them out as presents when i retuned this week. i Paid no more then 1500-2700 baht per watch when some were asking for 7500-18,000 baht.
The lume was shit on them the time kept well but leave the watch overnight and its dead.

i don't know what i was expecting , i guess since i bought a decent rep in 2015 that lasted a while i could replicate that experience probably a good lesson is to not expect the same experience twice in any overseas trip. It was fun but now its time to do research and hit up the TD's!

p.s if anyone can point me in the direction of parts like screws and crowns for Rolex day date 2 40mm it would be much appreciated.

leonado

Known Member
23/4/06
Are the watches in this mall made locally or sourced from China ? Just curious

Sent from the RWI App

They are all sourced from China. Probably same sources that are TDs here. They just buy wholesale quantities and get wholesale discount. Only seller that made locally was Nah-Piek with their vintage rolex sub/seadweller. They owned the cast for the cases and had a local watchsmith that was employed by them.

L

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
Nah Piek passed a long time ago. The only stuff available now are leftovers which isn't that impressive in today's standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingrex88

Known Member
26/7/17
Hi,

ayone been to MBK recently to buy rolex submarine 116110LN?
i am going there next week.

freefallrlc

21/6/15
I was in BKK and MBK last week.
The place changed a bit to the better because of some renovations. The shops are more or less still the same like my last visit in 2015, EXCEPT in everything about counterfeit stuff! ALL the replica shops are gone. The ones left are just selling the usual Casio stuff and cheap crap only. Same goes to fake clothes like the the brand panties, jeans and T-shirts you saw everywhere back then. Almost everything gone.
Watches wise absolutely zero. The shop owners seem they don't really want to talk about it. But seemed like a problem with more government control.
I loved MBK. And it's still a cool place for shopping. But if it comes up for fake clothes and watches, you can save your time.
Asiatique I never made it there. So can't say much about it.
Silom night market has still lots of fake watches stands still. All just cheap tourist low quality stuff though. I'm not sure if they have back rooms there. But I don't think so.
Too bad BKK became so uninteresting when it comes to replicas.

Alkoooon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/15
United Arab Emirates
i just came from Bangkok, on MBK u wont find anything worth ur effort only i found one shop but he had few pieces under table hidden.

my advice is : ride with any TOK TOK driver and tell him I want a copy watch he will take u to the dealer directly and he will be happy because he get little commision ( 100 to 200 bhat) but it really worth u will see everything u dreamed about from 3000 bhat to 8000 bhat rolexes and they are good ones but am not experienced in factories.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Was just in MBK twice this week.....terrible. Found 1 store selling rep stuff out of hundreds. They showed me the top quality sub rep and it was canal street shit. The store was M&M.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyone Help for Double AR service in Bangkok wher can I find this kind of service thanks

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
UPDATE in late 2018
Well as it stands I wouldn't recommend MBK for replicas at all these days. The shops mentioned below have mostly closed shop after the renovations were done. And the only place where you could get anything is M&M. Which isn't worth much
to be honest. Their prices are close to 220USD for something you could get at a dealer for 130-150usd here.

aminsauvage

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/5/18
UPDATE in late 2018
Well as it stands I wouldn't recommend MBK for replicas at all these days. The shops mentioned below have mostly closed shop after the renovations were done. And the only place where you could get anything is M&M. Which isn't worth much
to be honest. Their prices are close to 220USD for something you could get at a dealer for 130-150usd here.
So you wont find any decent quality watch in Bangkok at all? Im asking because im going there in two weeks, and planned to buy some.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
I’d also like to know if there’s somewhere else in Bangkok now that MBK isn’t what it once was. Touching down in Suvarnibumi in about an hour!

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Ok, where’s good for that then? :)

Actually I see the answer to my initial query is pretty well covered on the previous page. Didn’t see that while struggling with onboard limited WiFi. Looks like there aren’t many good possibilities in Bangkok anymore. Shame as I like the vintage Subs, 1680 etc and looks like a few years ago there were some interesting alternatives to the Cartel/JKF ones that are ubiquitous these days.

AusRepcollector

6/11/18
Came here to check for updates as I'm inadvertently stopping in Bangkok again for next few days after hi-tailing it out of Koh Samui with a tropical storm on its way. I heard all about the rep dramas this year across Thailand so the update is most informative :). I'm by no means big on Thai rep purchases but it having a look and maybe picking something up helps compensate for the boredom of general and bag shopping with the wife and step daughter lol. I didn't look properly at M&M last visit, so look forward to a little look. Sad about MBK as my wife really loved one of the good places for bags there quality was top notch - I dare say good online guys make up for it in bags these days anyway like finer labels etc. At least the food and general shopping is still great :).

AusRepcollector

6/11/18
I didn't look properly at M&M last visit, so look forward to a little look. Sad about MBK as my wife really loved one of the good places for bags there quality was top notch - I dare say good online guys make up for it in bags these days anyway like finer labels etc. At least the food and general shopping is still great :).

I misspoke earlier, I should have said I recall M&M from my last trip. I had a cross up with the other small centre nearby too I realised it was still a discussion strictly on MBK. I actually bought a pretty decent PAM and an AP ROO diver for my mate from the guy there. Def wasn't a bargain. IIRC, the guy was John, really nice dude though. Guys we'll give old MBK a burl again.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I went the other day and I was impressed by the amount of reps/fake - watches being a minute minority - and the aggressiveness of vendors

Obviously all cheap stuff I wouldnt want even as a gift and as far as i could understand it wasnt even cheap

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I went the other day and I was impressed by the amount of reps/fake - watches being a minute minority - and the aggressiveness of vendors

Obviously all cheap stuff I wouldnt want even as a gift and as far as i could understand it wasnt even cheap

I had a similar experience in Korea recently. Prices of reps - even cheap ones - weren't that great, and the vendors were quite aggressive and didn't have good selection between vendors.

It seems that industry is condensing and the pricing cartel is getting stronger.

AusRepcollector

6/11/18
Update, made my first visit back to MBK this morning. Seems the demise of fashion fakes has been grossly exaggerated online. My wife went straight to her fave top quality shoe place on ground floor and bought up a bunch of stuff in top quality. Her fave bag place the leather was jammed with punters, so we elected to return later. Tip from vendors is not he around middle of day when cops are out policing stands. I went look for MT Watch, not M&M as I now recall having a strong aversion to their arrogance and bs. So went to a sister shop of MT Watch as they are gone. They had a small selection of 'Swiss' as they say. AP,patek,rolex hulk,deepsea,panerai. Going to hit them up after 4pm when wife wants to bring kids back. Def not holding by breathe for any must buys lol. Incidentally, they were blown away by my ARF seadweller, not too surprising given quality they deal in. It's actually a good way of breaking the ice and showing you know WTF your taking about in reps lol.