• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Wow, that was really fast [MENTION=72385]Hyjynx[/MENTION]. I remember when I sent one to China, it took me almost a month to get it back. Glad yours made a safe round trip round the world :D

Thanks, but just to be clear, the round trip did take almost a month, all told. USPS shipping took a week (TD said not to use DHL or UPS) to get to China. It was another whole week before TD could have it released to him. The repair took about a week and half. From what I understand, the watch had to be sent back to the maker for the repair.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
My baby is back good as new! It does feel like getting a new watch. China to US in only 2 days. I can't get even Amazon to ship that fast! Kudos, Chazingtime/Ken! [emoji106]

(Last update on this saga, I promise.) [emoji1]

Damn that looks good!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Okay update time.

Here are my QC pics but included are QC pics from a white dial watch that Lucy took for another customer. She said in real life the dial looks a bit brighter than in the pics from the factory and from her pics, but its definitely darker than the white one. She also mentioned that the white dial had a "Pt950" on it. But, what I don't like about the white (and cream) dial is the gray outer ring outside of the hour markers. That is not on the genuine and it doesn't show up on the gray dial. I think I'm going to go for the gray dial. The only thing I'm seeing off is the 6 hour marker is crooked, anything else I should get fixed?

http://imgur.com/a/LVKLj

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Okay update time.

Here are my QC pics but included are QC pics from a white dial watch that Lucy took for another customer. She said in real life the dial looks a bit brighter than in the pics from the factory and from her pics, but its definitely darker than the white one. She also mentioned that the white dial had a "Pt950" on it. But, what I don't like about the white (and cream) dial is the gray outer ring outside of the hour markers. That is not on the genuine and it doesn't show up on the gray dial. I think I'm going to go for the gray dial. The only thing I'm seeing off is the 6 hour marker is crooked, anything else I should get fixed?

The seconds hand on the tourby should line up with the side of the VC maltese cross like so

GwjORxt.jpg

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Okay update time.

Which TDs did you buy this watch from buddy ? Seem the QC look professional with high quality from different angle. I would deal with TD like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Which TDs did you buy this watch from buddy ? Seem the QC look professional with high quality from different angle. I would deal with TD like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're from Lucy (truetime168). She's been literally the stuff of dreams - prompt and thorough communication and very flexible with me.

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Okay update time.

From the pictures, it seems to be that the 'pt950' is on the gray dial instead of the white dial?

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Okay update time.

Looks like the gray dial is not as dark as I thoughy. I'll go for the gray dial. As said above, the second hand of the tourby should align at the center as show in the pic posted by therealgoat.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

wolf244

2/11/15
Is there any do's and don'ts for tourbillons? I've only read about not winding all the way, but nothing more specific. I may have missed something through my skimming of this thread.

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Was working and suddenly noticed that the conditions were ripe for a great wristshot[emoji16]

8zzAajL.png

FJ9aTT6.png

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
So I requested those two things, and Lucy got me another watch. This one looks exactly like I wanted. I'm going to tell her this is the one!

0pgBklJ.jpg

iTfuvKf.jpg

More QC pics here: http://imgur.com/a/NwLrd

Hey man, mind letting me know the lug size and the deployant width when you get the watch? Considering buying this watch and whether it is able to take an old strap of mine is the only thing holding me back! [emoji23]

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Hey man, mind letting me know the lug size and the deployant width when you get the watch? Considering buying this watch and whether it is able to take an old strap of mine is the only thing holding me back! [emoji23]
yeah of course - Lucy said it is 22mm/18mm. I'm having difficulty finding the right blue croc strap myself.

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
yeah of course - Lucy said it is 22mm/18mm. I'm having difficulty finding the right blue croc strap myself.

Awwww, the strap I had is 20mm/18mm [emoji22]
Thanks for the response anyways, I'm probably going to wait a while to see if a new version is going to come out as it has been about 2 years since its release.

If you are looking for a blue croc strap, have you considered going the custom strap route? No worries about getting called out for a non-genuine strap as swapping it for a custom one is pretty common for gen watch owners too.

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Awwww, the strap I had is 20mm/18mm [emoji22]
Thanks for the response anyways, I'm probably going to wait a while to see if a new version is going to come out as it has been about 2 years since its release.

If you are looking for a blue croc strap, have you considered going the custom strap route? No worries about getting called out for a non-genuine strap as swapping it for a custom one is pretty common for gen watch owners too.

Most likely, there will be no other version of this to come out in the future. The demand is just too low, for tourbys in general. I have not seen a tourby that has a v2 :D

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Most likely, there will be no other version of this to come out in the future. The demand is just too low, for tourbys in general. I have not seen a tourby that has a v2 :D

Come to think of it, yeah! Looks like my search for the next tourbillon watch continues. [emoji29]
I'm just hoping for a decent skeleton tourbillon to be released actually, that will be the day my collection is finally complete!