No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the general thoughts on this tourbilon as well? It's quite a recent release and this is giving me a dilemma over the Milguass Tourbillon, or this...

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21298

Comment

Originally posted by simon24james View Post

Thanks for this reply, this is absolutely the sort of information I was looking for. I have to say that is seriously stunning!!! This community is the best thing ever... everybody here is unreal and the knowledge is priceless.

I do have one question, how often do you have to wind the tourbillon? Is it a daily task|?
      You mean “is it a daily enjoyment”

Most rep tourbillons have a PR of 2-3 days, which is pretty decent, as most gens have the same.
      My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

New review released: Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF

Collection inspirational thread.

Comment

They are mostly manual winding. Tourbillon movements are notorious for having issues of 'over winding', therefore I would not recommend one that is 'self-winding', although many have had them without issue. Even on a manual wind, I would recommend 20 turns of the crown max from an empty PR, and then periodically throughout the day (you will find yourself looking at it quite a lot) give it another 2-3 turns to keep it topped up.

I would not recommend a tourby as a daily wear watch. There is a lot of wear for the fragility of the parts, especially cheap Chinese parts. Whilst you may get away with it, I would suggest you keep it as an 'occasion' watch, or to wear in rotation with others, a couple of days a week at most

Comment

Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post

You mean “is it a daily enjoyment”

Most rep tourbillons have a PR of 2-3 days, which is pretty decent, as most gens have the same.
          Honestly incredible advice, knowledge, and insight. I have been looking at these and thinking I would definitely want it as a daily wear to show it off... because they do look soooooo gorgeous. But given the price, definitely wouldn't want to ruin it.

I think I will be pulling the trigger this weekend and will certainly post my photos/video on this thread when it arrives... the only decision now is which tourbillon to go for.

Comment

Honestly incredible advice, knowledge, and insight. I have been looking at these and thinking I would definitely want it as a daily wear to show it off... because they do look soooooo gorgeous. But given the price, definitely wouldn't want to ruin it.

I think I will be pulling the trigger this weekend and will certainly post my photos/video on this thread when it arrives... the only decision now is which tourbillon to go for.
            I probably sound like a broken record but roger dubuis, all day every day. Anyone who does like them, unfortunately we cannot be friends
            https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-vs-gen-review

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-by-jbf-review

Comment

Thanks for this reply, this is absolutely the sort of information I was looking for. I have to say that is seriously stunning!!! This community is the best thing ever... everybody here is unreal and the knowledge is priceless.

I do have one question, how often do you have to wind the tourbillon? Is it a daily task|?
              The Label Noir rep has a JB automatic movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

I probably sound like a broken record but roger dubuis, all day every day. Anyone who does like them, unfortunately we cannot be friends
                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-vs-gen-review

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-by-jbf-review
                I have the Knights non-tourby: to me the problem with these is the rather clumsy and thick case. I can understand it on mine because of the need to clear the silly swords (!) but I think it's the same thick case on the others, isn't it?.
                Last edited by rj999; 23-07-20, 13:36.

Comment

Originally posted by rj999 View Post

I have the Knights non-tourby: to me the problem with these is the rather clumsy and thick case. I can understand it on mine because of the need to clear the silly swords (!) but I think it's the same thick case on the others, isn't it?.
                  Yeah ive got the zzf knights of the round table. Far and away my least favourite rd watch. The clasp sucks. Strap is sized for a gorilla. It is also pretty chunky as you say. The v1/v3 excalibur tourbillon is much slimmer and smaller than the knights of the round table. Even the double tourbillon feels a bit slimmer but i havent measured it.

also, the swords arent silly, any watch that comes with 12 swords is automatically cool in my books
                  Last edited by Dr Fun Socks; 23-07-20, 13:40.

Comment

Beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Overwinding is a big problem as stated earlier. Wind to 70%power and should be perfect.

Comment

Hi guys, im finally owner of tourby watch, after owning HBB V6 and AP Schumi JF i decided to take it to the next level with some skeletonized tourbillon beauty. I chose Roger Dubuis Excalibur Sports Tourbillon Titanium BBR V2 amazing watch. Thank you Ryan
                        Last edited by Iaugh; 05-08-20, 11:10.

Comment

Iaugh great choice, love roger dubuis! Enjoy the watch!

Comment

Comment

My second tourbillon purchase after the Roger Dubuis Excalibur.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X