• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many reps do you guys own?

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
For me (when they arrive) it will be a high-tier Clean GMT II, and two low-tier $100, non TD Rolexes.

What about you guys? feel free to flex your rep collections ;)

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Supporter
Certified
30/3/21
UK
Good choice on the clean GMT...they are very nice. Oh, did you say flex!!!! :)

Well, if you say so. I started in April this year (when I joined the forum) and I'm up to 27 reps and bought most from Sead (supermirrors) who has UK stock and is a TD. 3 are low tier as I wanted to compare quality and the rest top of the line ones. My headline ones are my two noob daytonas, VSF sub and an AP Safari. Oh, and I had to get a flying Torbillon but went to a gen Sea Gull for that as I wanted some warranty lol. If I were to buy a rep torb it would be a Roger Dubuis. 70% of my collection are VSF. I have 5 Rolex's but prefer my Panerai, AP's and Pateks. Ok, flex over...its an addictive hobby and I have too much spare time on my hands haha.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under

Well, if you say so. I started in April this year (when I joined the forum) and I'm up to 27 reps and bought most from Sead (supermirrors) who has UK stock and is a TD. 3 are low tier as I wanted to compare quality and the rest top of the line ones. My headline ones are my two noob daytonas, VSF sub and an AP Safari. Oh, and I had to get a flying Torbillon but went to a gen Sea Gull for that as I wanted some warranty lol. If I were to buy a rep torb it would be a Roger Dubuis. 70% of my collection are VSF. I have 5 Rolex's but prefer my Panerai, AP's and Pateks. Ok, flex over...its an addictive hobby and I have too much spare time on my hands haha.

Wow, 27, that's super impressive.... My wishlist comes down to a total of 4 watches, being the GMT II which is on its way, the Black on white Daytona, the deepsea blue, and omega seamaster. I think I'll stop at that.... hopefully... my bank account won't like me otherwise :pAs you can probably tell, I like Rolexes.

Enjoy your pieces! :D

Reactions: Avalanche

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS

3 facts. 1. It is very addictive hobby, 2. never too many 3. You don’t have a wife or in the rare scenario you do have one, it’s a keeper! Congrats on your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

Let me expose here the average chronology of the rep hobbyist :

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, about those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fergulator72

I'm Pretty Popular
4/5/21
11 reps,5 Panerai of which 3 are custom builds,1 Vacheron,1AP and 4 Rolex,2 are Franken and 1 of those Franken Rolex has completely gotten out of hand price wise,seem to have gone down the rabbit hole.

Sent from my SM-F700F using Tapatalk

speedomega

7/2/20
North America
I try to keep it around 8-10. I can rotate them to give them equal wrist time. Inevitably I end up never wearing one or two and that's when I part with them.

Avalanche

They don't build statues to business men.
Supporter
Certified
30/3/21
UK
drferrari1 Thank you...it's nice to know my addiction is accepted here ????. I do have a wife and also two girls so the watches are my escape!!!! I'm quiet fortunate to be honest that I have the support of all 3 and don't get nagged over it!!!

Reactions: element79

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under

1. Discovering the hobby : you dare your 1rst replica buy, and you're amazed (even with a DHgate type of rep lol) by how close it is to an actual watch !

2. Binge buying : now the doors to replica wonders are wide open, the next months are spent (timewise AND moneywise) buying anything that shows up on M2M or available at TDs. 10, 20, 30 watches, who knows...

3. Growing up : you get more accurate in your choices. You franken a bit, sell the bad ones, get rid of the box queens and reduce the herd (a bit).

4. Compulsive buys : from time to time, your brain snaps on a M2M offer and you buy a watch you know you should'nt. But hey, don't want to loose the thrill of it.

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, on those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Haha, this was a funny read. I'm trying to limit myself to a few pieces but it is tempting... :p

Reactions: mrsullivan

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Watches come and go you know, you'll discover that for yourself with time (once bankruptcy occurs and you wife kicks you out of the house : "it's your watches or me !" LOL).

Personnaly I find myself easy with 8 to 12 high end, modded or franken replicas, + a couple of gens.
In this amount of watches, I think maybe 4 or 5 reps are really here to stay : my franken Noob Daytona 116520 with 4130, Hfac Breitling Steelfish, modded/franken AP 15400, Noob Panerai 297 O-series will stay for sure. And the others, we'll see...

5. Replica elder times : you getting grumpy on RWI, on those youngsters flexing weird 6 letters factory watches (" yeeeah, these JJVBBF Subs are not as good as my Noob or VSF from old times...!"). Grumpy but still, those young punks don't know, and they'll never take from you this collection of finely tuned reps you built through the years. That collection is what keeps the hobby up and the love of watches pristine.

Replica is a time and money consuming game, you'll see you'll probably spend as much on reps than you would on gens. If money can be a limit of course, it's not the reason we buy reps instead of gens. It's about the thrill, the hunt, the love of details, and the possibility to wear a wider range of amazing watches on a daily basis.

Welcome, you're in for years of "replicaddiction" !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

+1
Great analytics mate and so true. I think I just entered Stage 3 *lol*

Last edited: