Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compete noobs guide to buying you FIRST Rep.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frigpig, post: 1065335
    Fair point. I was not telling to never order from the website. I was telling not to order from the website without checking that the watch is "in stock" for reals.

Once the dealer tells you the watch is available and he wants you to pay through the website, by all means, do so. Asking first will save you tons of headaches in the meantime.
    ok, thanks for clearing that up i'm actually kinda relieved you said that...Just find it more convenient to order from a website (and safer in some instances) especially because of the time difference between the US and Asia. You can imagine how difficult it was 15+ years ago (when I was heavily in to reps) to do business with dealers/suppliers from Asia because of this. This was before the internet was so wide-spread and popular.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
    My Life With Reps: Tales from the Darkside.

Current Builds for Sale or Trade:

Comment

Not a problem at all!

I wish I had read this the first time. My first rep purchase was a Slevin from Watch Eden. Everything went smooth because at the time those reps where in good supply. Had I ordered that watch from the website today, it would be a different story.

eh?
      "Modding = turning a $100 rep with flaws into a $500 rep with a few less flaws"
      "There is only so much I, you or any self-styled "expert" can really "know."" donaldejose
      "frig, wtf?? Really man." sub4me
      "If I were a Pam guy, or if I traveled, or if I had money, I'd be all over this!!" levelmanroger
      "Frig you could have at least posted a LESS hot tranny" JC7
      "The one who dares to tell me that he won't doggystyle "her" is gay or a liar......" NSTNS
      "that one is frigpiggin cool" trksh-bzr

Comment

I actually email their sales rep and PM WE over here for the same question regarding a watch in their website, quoting the URL.

One told me it is instock, one told me no.
        Confusing..

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroTenshi, post: 1066769
          I actually email their sales rep and PM WE over here for the same question regarding a watch in their website, quoting the URL.

One told me it is instock, one told me no.
          Confusing..
          hmmm, that is confusing...I was going to try doing the same thing emailing both sales rep and PM just in case, but didn't want to come off as being an obnoxious and untrusting noob lol...But I'll give it a go and see if I get the same results as you.
          My Life With Reps: Tales from the Darkside.

Current Builds for Sale or Trade:

Comment

Awesome post, thanks a lot for it !
            I'm actually a newbie in rep things, and this kind of post will typically help me a lot avoiding some basic mistakes.

Great info in it !

BR,
            Stève

Comment

What are the consequences of buying off the wesite or not asking for QC pics?
              -MK-

What time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Confidente, post: 1197758
                What are the consequences of buying off the wesite or not asking for QC pics?
                They may not have the watch in "stock" and you may not get the one you ordered.

eh?
                "There is only so much I, you or any self-styled "expert" can really "know."" donaldejose
                "If I were a Pam guy, or if I traveled, or if I had money, I'd be all over this!!" levelmanroger
                "The one who dares to tell me that he won't doggystyle "her" is gay or a liar......" NSTNS

Comment

so i paid once agreed on terms, then was supposed to receive QC pics, did i do it wrong? because its been 10 hours and haven't received anything yet!
                  - Citizen World Perpetual A-T -- PAM111 Noob V3 -- IWC Top Gun Dopple -- Tag Heuer Link -
                  DESIRES -- HBB V6 RG --

Comment

Originally posted by jlla84, post: 1264792
                    so i paid once agreed on terms, then was supposed to receive QC pics, did i do it wrong? because its been 10 hours and haven't received anything yet!
                    From what I have read it can take a couple of days for the td to get your watch from the cartel. This isnt like buying from amazon I think you just have to be patient.

I am sure if I am wrong someone will be over to correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1212, post: 1264869
                      From what I have read it can take a couple of days for the td to get your watch from the cartel. This isnt like buying from amazon I think you just have to be patient.

I am sure if I am wrong someone will be over to correct me.
                      That's right. If he agreed to send QC pics, he will.

eh?

Comment

whats the expected wait time on shipping from china to US.... i read that it can take weeks to ship where as some threads of members say they ordered it and 4 days later it arrived...
                        - Citizen World Perpetual A-T -- PAM111 Noob V3 -- IWC Top Gun Dopple -- Tag Heuer Link -
                        DESIRES -- HBB V6 RG --

Comment

Really depends on YOUR country's customs. Here in Canada, I've got a watch in less than a week and others have taken six. I personally refuse to check tracking for a month. When it shows it's kind of a surprise.

eh?

Comment

nice guide, helped me out. thanks
                            It's all about diving

Comment

Yes, this was really helpful to read before considering my first rep purchase. I feel like I not only know the proper way to go about it, but what my expectations should be throughout the process. A+

Comment

Excellent guide, very useful! just one question, what does it mean in point #4 to "E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you"?

Comment

Working...
                                X