• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Pic Comparison PPF, PF, 3KF, GEN

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Right?! People now should be content with their PPF's

I'm not sure - as Fat Dave has pointed out, the pictures themselves make it difficult to know for sure due to different photography sources. The only way to be 100% certain would be to have the pictures of the gen alongside all the various reps taken under exactly the same conditions.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
phe pictures themselves make it difficult to know for sure due to different photography sources. The only way to be 100% certain would be to have the pictures of the gen alongside all the various reps taken under exactly the same conditions.

Thanks for your comment. My point was, unless someone's job is strapping both the gen and rep Nautilus on his wrist and hard press himself to tell the difference 24/7, one will be content with either PF, PPF, hybrid. PPF though having the fat bezel it indeed has good things not found on other reps.

Last edited:

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
I did a quick table comparison from my perspective for the PPF and 3K for easy comparison. I'm less familiar with the PF, and the dial kills it for me anyway so I don't consider it a contender out of the box.

EiI5D.png

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I did a quick table comparison from my perspective for the PPF and 3K for easy comparison. I'm less familiar with the PF, and the dial kills it for me anyway so I don't consider it a contender out of the box.

EiI5D.png

Thanks buddy for this. Very informative summation. Only one thing i want to comment on. Regarding the movement; The post-2019 5711 had the movement upgraded to the caliber 26‑330 S C, which has hacking seconds. Exactly like the 9015. The PPF V2/V3/V4 are reps of the post-2019 5711 and therefore the hacking function is correct to gen.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Thanks buddy for this. Very informative summation. Only one thing i want to comment on. Regarding the movement; The post-2019 5711 had the movement upgraded to the caliber 26‑330 S C, which has hacking seconds. Exactly like the 9015. The PPF V2/V3/V4 are reps of the post-2019 5711 and therefore the hacking function is correct to gen.

Good call out, the PPF is indeed correct functionally to the current gen 5711. However I did not realise the PPF was trying to rep the latest version. If it is, why does the movement have 324 engraved on it rather than 330, and 29 jewels rather than 30? https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=21466

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Separately - Does anyone have a perspective on the PF to share and I can add it to the table? I considered commenting on lume too, but I didn't have enough data points to feel confident about my ratings. The one thing I know is the hand and marker colour tend not to be the same. There's also hand accuracy, again lacking confidence.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Thanks for the table but I like to view things like this as highly personal preference. However, like the Rolex subs when it becomes high end it is really only personal preference.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia

The difficulty with this is that the movements boldly proclaim themselves as 324s - it's literally written in "gold". So, either the functionality is wrong or the engraving is wrong.

I prefer a hacking movement for sure, but if they're trying to mimic a 330, then it'd be better if they put "330" on the tin.

Last edited:

Zoden21

Looking Around
5/6/20
One thing I dont understand completely is : Why rep the 5711? Seriously one of my honest questions, so much RD gone into this watch which I am sure is in the millions at this point. The dial color is just not achievable as well as the details being well lets just say not number one.

I would have devoted those resources into a 3700/3800, solid caseback so movement can be pink with a peppa pig logo for whatever anybody cares and those resources can be devoted to a model that in theory should be much easier to rep.

I dont think anybody is to 100% after just a 5711 and thats it, I think most people looking at the 3KF Nautilus would be happy with any automatic nautilus whether 3700/3800 series. Kinda saddens me to see so many resources thrown at this, by now we probably could have had a near perfect OOTB closed caseback nautilus.

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
the 3kf First Link issue is a case issue, that can t be fixed, exept you use a lether strap. The part of the case where the First Link plugs in is to short.

Thinning the pf case and use ppf dial and hands and keylog dateweehl would be the best Option. the clone movement is not nessesery, as it will never look like gen anyway. And the functions with the miyota movement are the same.

Are you saying that you can use a leather strap with after market proper end link on the 3K 5711? Thanks

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
Are you saying that you can use a leather strap with after market proper end link on the 3K 5711? Thanks

Don t know that. Never test it. All I m saying is, the gen 5711 with learher strap has a Bigger First link too.

Reactions: Major Tom

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The difficulty with this is that the movements boldly proclaim themselves as 324s - it's literally written in "gold". So, either the functionality is wrong or the engraving is wrong.

I prefer a hacking movement for sure, but if they're trying to mimic a 330, then it'd be better if they put "330" on the tin.

Good call out, the PPF is indeed correct functionally to the current gen 5711. However I did not realise the PPF was trying to rep the latest version. If it is, why does the movement have 324 engraved on it rather than 330, and 29 jewels rather than 30? https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=21466

You are both right regarding the engraving. It should've the updated movement engraved on it. But i'm sure it's just another flaw or they want to save money on not upgrading the engraving in these versions.
The dial color of PPF V2 and V3 is like the new Nautilus (haven't seen the V4 to say anything for sure yet). The V1 dial color is like the pre-2019.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
One thing I dont understand completely is : Why rep the 5711? Seriously one of my honest questions, so much RD gone into this watch which I am sure is in the millions at this point. The dial color is just not achievable as well as the details being well lets just say not number one.

I would have devoted those resources into a 3700/3800, solid caseback so movement can be pink with a peppa pig logo for whatever anybody cares and those resources can be devoted to a model that in theory should be much easier to rep.

I dont think anybody is to 100% after just a 5711 and thats it, I think most people looking at the 3KF Nautilus would be happy with any automatic nautilus whether 3700/3800 series. Kinda saddens me to see so many resources thrown at this, by now we probably could have had a near perfect OOTB closed caseback nautilus.

The 3700 and 3800 only seem easier to rep because of the movement can't be seen. Both are paper thin at 7,5mm. And normally it's pretty hard for the chinesemen to get watches below the 8mm mark even when not decorated. They wan't to use a good automatic movement, and they don't come by so slim.

The 3800 is only 37,5mm, which also can pose a problem to achieve and those thicknessess.

Then you have the problem with the dial color again. Dial color is not easy to achieve in the 3800 or 3700. Finishing etc is pretty difficult like the 5711. Much of the same details will be flawed. So you'll have a rep of the 3700/3800 with the same flaws as the 5711 and with thickness that is relatively more wrong than on the 5711. While hiding the movement as a only plus.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
The 3800 can be done pretty easily from 3kf. It uses a 330 or 335 movement that are basically a 324 movement with a different datewheel.
3700 can be done by XF with the modified miyota movement used in the 15202 and 2000v. That would be amazing!
But you have to value that the 3700 is a really rare watch and also that and 3800 dials are really difficult to replicate.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The 3800 can be done pretty easily from 3kf. It uses a 330 or 335 movement that are basically a 324 movement with a different datewheel.
3700 can be done by XF with the modified miyota movement used in the 15202 and 2000v. That would be amazing!
But you have to value that the 3700 is a really rare watch and also that and 3800 dials are really difficult to replicate.

Thickness will also be a problem with both buddy.

And I forgot to add: I agree with you that the dials have depth that will be difficult to rep.

Last edited:

Zoden21

Looking Around
5/6/20
Thickness will also be a problem with both buddy.

I dont see thickness being to big of a problem 7.5 is definitely achievable on a closed caseback, we have a open caseback at 8.5 (I believe) if I am not wrong with the 3KF. Also can not forget that the 3800 is extremely old reaching the 30 year mark by now, which leads me to believe that copying the production methods of it in China should be quite a bit easier.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I dont see thickness being to big of a problem 7.5 is definitely achievable on a closed caseback, we have a open caseback at 8.5 (I believe) if I am not wrong with the 3KF. Also can not forget that the 3800 is extremely old reaching the 30 year mark by now, which leads me to believe that copying the production methods of it in China should be quite a bit easier.

Then you shouldn’t have a problem mentioning an automatic rep that has 7,5mm thickness. Not to even add one that has a diameter below 38mm.

Let’s not forget that all reps are build upon movement constraints.
The Miyota 9015 has for example a height of 3,9 mm. Watch case thickness is restricted to movement height.

They can make a 3800, but will it be a great rep? Without a doubt not. I don’t see it getting the correct proportions. Dial will have the same issues as the current 5711 models as goes with the case.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Then you shouldn’t have a problem mentioning an automatic rep that has 7,5mm thickness. Not to even add one that has a diameter below 38mm.

Let’s not forget that all reps are build upon movement constraints.
The Miyota 9015 has for example a height of 3,9 mm. Watch case thickness is restricted to movement height.

They can make a 3800, but will it be a great rep? Without a doubt not. I don’t see it getting the correct proportions. Dial will have the same issues as the current 5711 models as goes with the case.

The 3800 has the same movement used in the 3kf with a different datewheel. I do think it is achievable.
I will let you know. I have a gen 3800 case I am going to use it with a 3kf movement and gen dw hands and dial. I think the central hands gears will have to be taller though...

Reactions: jm_brc_7057