• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 Pic Comparison PPF, PF, 3KF, GEN

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
the 3kf First Link issue is a case issue, that can t be fixed, exept you use a lether strap. The part of the case where the First Link plugs in is to short.

Thinning the pf case and use ppf dial and hands and keylog dateweehl would be the best Option. the clone movement is not nessesery, as it will never look like gen anyway. And the functions with the miyota movement are the same.

Reactions: Gmt16710R

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
the 3kf First Link issue is a case issue, that can t be fixed, exept you use a lether strap. The part of the case where the First Link plugs in is to short.

Thinning the pf case and use ppf dial and hands and keylog dateweehl would be the best Option. the clone movement is not nessesery, as it will never look like gen anyway. And the functions with the miyota movement are the same.

The clone movement gets closer to the gen center pinion look, where on the miyota the center pinion protrudes much more. Also, the clone movement takes gen hands and gen dwo.

Last edited:

dla329

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/19
The clone movement gets closer to the gen center pinion look, where on the miyota the center pinion protrudes much more. Also, the clone movement takes gen hands and gen dwo.

the pinion look could be fixed with the miyota too, like the xf 15202 v2 did. With the gen hands and dateweehl its true. But ppf did actualy a really good job with both. But the ppf dateweehl will not fit in the pf I Think. Thats why u need keylog datewheel. But not sure about that.

obro

Horology Curious
9/8/19
Saw a few thread of the ppf V4 and I am liking the new dial very much. They are getting real close to the gen at least in the QC photos. Bezel and crown flaws are negligible at least for my eyes.

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
A little update with a better quality V4 picture!

As said in other threads, the V4 has the only improvements in the dial and bracelet pearl.

The dial color is making little steps forward, but again, this thread is just for a brief picture comparison and make life a little easier with differences/tells searching.

DW/CG/Bezel
7979107188ca198cc7651a2d63dc0eaa.jpg

The back
2613f8ee021f85def91d3e587c03f936.jpg

The dial side
626185c42a963973e8f40207aa33ffbc.jpg

Crown Side
3bd57addc9d99f657fe564013f119df7.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
A little update with a better quality V4 picture!

As said in other threads, the V4 has the only improvements in the dial and bracelet pearl.

The dial color is making little steps forward, but again, this thread is just for a brief picture comparison and make life a little easier with differences/tells searching.

Thanks for the work here.

Just a reminder, the PPF and 3kf dials are replicating the post 2018 "boxed" dial, whereas the gen and the PF here are pre 2018. So there are not supposed to be the same colour

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Thanks for the work here.

Just a reminder, the PPF and 3kf dials are replicating the post 2018 "boxed" dial, whereas the gen and the PF here are pre 2018. So there are not supposed to be the same colour

You're right mate. Thanks for the reminder!

It's so damn difficult to find a 5711 blue dial picture with almost the same light conditions/ backgroud.

I'll work out a solution to find the right pic and the right dial to match the comparison.

Will update the previous posts when the right picture is found.

Reactions: Rainbowkin

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You're right mate. Thanks for the reminder!

It's so damn difficult to find a 5711 blue dial picture with almost the same light conditions/ backgroud.

I'll work out a solution to find the right pic and the right dial to match the comparison.

Will update the previous posts when the right picture is found.

I admire your dedication ;)

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
I want to publicly apologize for the mistake in the pic comparison, wanted to help but probably I added more confusion.

I searched for the right dial pictures and did a little update to the comparison.

9a38a78b4bb545563148752fa250d90b.jpg

Here's the dial side, so now as said by Tobel, the dial color in the first pictures is not supposed to be the same, due to the period of production.

Now i see the difference in the more consistent green tint the pre2018 dial has.
ab74f801a8a42012b849685dccb27ae2.jpg

In the post 2018 dial version, the green tint is still there, but in a less consistent quantity, leaving a little more space to the blue.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
sDFOn.png
sDfjE.png
sDNv2.png

I know the pictures are not showing the watch cases in strictly the same angles or zooms, but here is a rough bezel and bevel comparison, inspired by what our neighbors are doing on their Daytona dials. In my opinion, all the 3 replica bevels are not aggressive enough. The PPF and 3KF's fat bezels leave some room for the bevel to be reshaped more aggressively. However, since the PF bezel width is almost identical to that of the gen, reshaping PF's bevel will make its bezel thinner than the gen.

Last edited:

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Be cautious with respect to that pre-2018 gen photo as the white balance is atrocious. Stainless does not normally look yellow-green. Other photos also show white balance discrepancy, but that photo is particularly egregious.

Here's a photo with the white balance closer to where it should be (2016 version):

14529595-w34280u8p9636rrslnwjncrx-Zoom.jpg

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
sDFOn.png
sDfjE.png
sDNv2.png

I know the pictures are not showing the watch cases in strictly the same angles or zooms, but here is a rough bezel and bevel comparison, inspired by what our neighbors are doing on their Daytona dials. In my opinion, all the 3 replica bevels are not aggressive enough. The PPF and 3KF's fat bezels leave some room for the bevel to be reshaped more aggressively. However, since the PF bezel width is almost identical to that of the gen, reshaping PF's bevel will make its bezel thinner than the gen.

Notice the crown guard on the gen compared to the reps.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Notice the crown guard on the gen compared to the reps.

That's a very difficult comparison with the photos we have because it is quite likely that all of these photos are taken at different focal lengths / distances from the camera to the watch, and likely not square and true to the watch dial centre to varying amounts and angles.

The greater the distance from camera to watch, the more prominent the crown guard will look in photos. The same with the bevel - a longer distance will make the angled bevel appear more prominent / larger than a closer shot.

Similar to the below - notice how the sides of the face and ears become more prominent / noticeable as the focal length increases:

zhXeA.jpg

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
That's a very difficult comparison with the photos we have because it is quite likely that all of these photos are taken at different focal lengths / distances from the camera to the watch, and likely not square and true to the watch dial centre to varying amounts and angles.

The greater the distance from camera to watch, the more prominent the crown guard will look in photos. The same with the bevel - a longer distance will make the angled bevel appear more prominent / larger than a closer shot.

Similar to the below - notice how the sides of the face and ears become more prominent / noticeable as the focal length increases:

zhXeA.jpg

I see what you're saying. For what it's worth, I've done virtually the same comparison done here in photoshop but used a different set of photos and still observed the same trend. It wasn't quite as prominent as in this comparison though.

Last edited: