• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

AWC12345

Looking Around
30/1/21
Just received Aquanaut rep on rubber strap from Dr. Time. It looks incredible, but I have no idea how to connect rubber to clasp. I tried what was intuitive without success. Can someone help?!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Just received Aquanaut rep on rubber strap from Dr. Time. It looks incredible, but I have no idea how to connect rubber to clasp. I tried what was intuitive without success. Can someone help?!

Remove the pin from the clasp.
Place the rubber strap inside the clasp
Take the removed pin and insert it in the strap gap. Next find the clasp holes and that’s it.

AWC12345

Looking Around
30/1/21

Thank you so much!!! Much appreciated. One last question: I obviously have no clue so I apologize for the ignorance here. How do I get the pin back into place? I have it place in the last rut of the rubber and in one of the holes in the clasp. But it is too long to fit into the second hole. Do I have to use a tool to force it in there? Or what else do you advise?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thank you so much!!! Much appreciated. One last question: I obviously have no clue so I apologize for the ignorance here. How do I get the pin back into place? I have it place in the last rut of the rubber and in one of the holes in the clasp. But it is too long to fit into the second hole. Do I have to use a tool to force it in there? Or what else do you advise?

Do a YouTube search on spring bars, and spring bar tools, and everything will make more sense :)

reklamezonen

30/7/13
Wow the Numbers and markers look so White.. on my ZF it is to green.

The Mods please...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wow the Numbers and markers look so White.. on my ZF it is to green.

The Mods please...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

What’s wrong with green ? I’ve seen gens green lume.

Not sure I could live with looking at a hand painted/lumed dial

Sent from the RWI App

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
Hey guys, I did some research and found something that really tickles my OCD... it's a biggie to me at least. You know how the 3K dial doesn't have the "swiss made" at 6 o'clock and we all say it's because the dial is reference from the pre2009 model. I don't think that's the case...

The dial is consistent with the Aquanaut 5165A. Which is the 38m size Aquanaut. But 3K claims to be the 5167A and made the watch in 40m just like the gen 5167A.

So basically the 3K version of Aquanaut has a 5167A case with a 5165A dial..... OMG!!!

Here's a pic of the 5165A in 38m
patek-philippe-aquanaut-5165a-very-rare-transitional-model-full-set.jpg

So unless we swap with gen dial or ZF dial it will not be an accurate rep. Please correct me if I'm wrong but now I can't decide if I wanna get the ZF or 3K. I was so close on pulling the trigger on the 3K v2....

lupino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/10/16
Hey guys, I did some research and found something that really tickles my OCD... it's a biggie to me at least. You know how the 3K dial doesn't have the "swiss made" at 6 o'clock and we all say it's because the dial is reference from the pre2009 model. I don't think that's the case...

The dial is consistent with the Aquanaut 5165A. Which is the 38m size Aquanaut. But 3K claims to be the 5167A and made the watch in 40m just like the gen 5167A.

So basically the 3K version of Aquanaut has a 5167A case with a 5165A dial..... OMG!!!

Here's a pic of the 5165A in 38m
patek-philippe-aquanaut-5165a-very-rare-transitional-model-full-set.jpg

So unless we swap with gen dial or ZF dial it will not be an accurate rep. Please correct me if I'm wrong but now I can't decide if I wanna get the ZF or 3K. I was so close on pulling the trigger on the 3K v2....

Apparently the 2007 5167 does not have Swiss Made and that’s what 3K based their replica on. It appears that Sotheby’s has one on auction right now and pictures support that.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...aut-ref-5167a-stainless-steel-wristwatch-with

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: christo14