• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ENAMEL DIAL!!!! Calatrava 5089G

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I think you are right. I got the QC today. The dial is stunning! The movement has the spelling mistakes. Looks fairly thin. Maybe a little thicker than the 5296. Will be interesting when it arrives. The crown looked "pulled out" though, there was space between case and crown. So i had to say i reject it if it isn't because the crown is pulled.

Should be a quick fix to shorten the stem a bit in the worst case

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow jm_brc_7057 . I thought i'd hate it, but I love it...

Haha it is loveable mate. No doubt about it. You should consider it.

I was thinking of doing a review on it but let's see. The review on the Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon, which I used about two weeks on - and I consider as being one of my best reviews - hasn’t got any love from people here. I think maybe it's because Vacheron Constantin is not a popular brand.

Last edited:

joonwantswatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/20
SoCal
which I used about two weeks on - and I consider as being one of my best reviews - hasn’t got any love from people here.

To be honest, I love your reviews. They always make me rethink my "if you cant afford it in Gen, then dont buy the rep" rule. Your reviews of these $100K watches are outstanding, & I hope you continue to do them. Even if I dont consider purchasing a watch you review, I gladly read your reviews. Your effort & knowledge really shines through your excellent reviews. Keep up the good work!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
To be honest, I love your reviews. They always make me rethink my "if you cant afford it in Gen, then dont buy the rep" rule. Your reviews of these $100K watches are outstanding, & I hope you continue to do them. Even if I dont consider purchasing a watch you review, I gladly read your reviews. Your effort & knowledge really shines through your excellent reviews. Keep up the good work!
Yeah mate. I understand that rule. I modify that rule a bit because people don't know the price any how. But the most important thing for me is, that the rep world makes it possible to live my dream having the watches i want, but wouldn't be able to have all at once in the gen world. The value of the reps i have would've been 1,1 mill. usd if they were gens.

Yeah. As none of us have any particular financial interest and we are not sales representatives for the rep makers, we don't review them to sell the watch. My point in the review is to make it enjoyable to read as much as providing my view on the watch.

Thanks mate.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Haha it is loveable mate. No doubt about it. You should consider it.

I was thinking of doing a review on it but let's see. The review on the Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Tourbillon, which I used about two weeks on - and I consider as being one of my best reviews - hasn’t got any love from people here. I think maybe it's because Vacheron Constantin is not a popular brand.

Was hoping for a review from you. Any chance ?

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Was hoping for a review from you. Any chance ?

Yeah mate. I will make it. But I’ve been busy lately. And now I am awaiting a very very special strap from CF I’ve ordered for this watch.

Mentioned strap is in shiny dark blue with stitching with platinum thread.

I’m therefore waiting with releasing a review till I can make some special pictures with the strap. Less than that won’t do this excellent rep any justice.

Reactions: gilrob and molivio

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah mate. I will make it. But I’ve been busy lately. And now I am awaiting a very very special strap from CF I’ve ordered for this watch.

Mentioned strap is in shiny dark blue with stitching with platinum thread.

I’m therefore waiting with releasing a review till I can make some special pictures with the strap. Less than that won’t do this excellent rep any justice.

Looking forward to see that strap.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Billede-16-03-2020-17-20-48.jpg

Billede-17-03-2020-16-12-36.jpg

Billede-17-03-2020-16-08-33.jpg

Review released on this watch! Click here.

Reactions: BIONONE and TimosL