• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ENAMEL DIAL!!!! Calatrava 5089G

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Thank you for sharing the video/pics. I am amazed at the amount of work the rep factories are putting in to the new generation of Watches that we are seeing. 2020 should be an exciting year in the rep game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you share pictures of it when you recieve first batch of it and micro and close shots would be nice aswell ;)

Reactions: KSwatches

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
There's a way to get the original quality of 1080p but I can't be bothered to find the website I found that did it, so 720p it is :)

Love that micro rotor too, I don't really like that dial, not the quality but the design itself, that's a totally personal taste but I would really like the green one shown in the "commercial" flyer we saw

I kinda agree, not my taste either, but I’m debating whether it’s still worth getting just for the sheer fact it’s a real hand painted enamel dial.

Tough call, it’s a lot to spend on a watch I will almost certainly never wear... wouldn’t be the first time though lol!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Also, on a side note, the gen has a hunter caseback like the 5227!

DC

True that. I think I would use it if I bought it. I like the colours and design. But it's very individual. Fantastic piece of art. Sometimes reps are about having usable practical reps and other times it's about having those dream pieces in the collection that are virtually impossible to obtain for most of us.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Also, on a side note, the gen has a hunter caseback like the 5227!

DC

Now that's completely stupid on their part, they go to this extend to make a splendid dial and they don't put the correct caseback, for such an expensive piece it's really disappointing !

It doesn't remove the fact that this is a fantastic release and it's worth it, and if another dial like that comes up, this detail won't prevent me from getting it, but still !

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
Thank you very much guys for sharing the video. There is no doubt that despite not being a 1: 1 in an exceptional piece, and it may be a replica after all but it is a true piece of art.

Does anyone know the thickness of the gen? I want to think that it is thicker than 5296 due to the microroto. The strap looks pretty good to be rep.

Gen thickness is listed as 9mm.

https://masterhorologer.com/2017/04...5089g-061-the-barge-and-5089g-062-the-porter/

http://en.worldtempus.com/watches/calatrava-azulejos-ref-5089g-16865.html

That's a bit disappointing as the rep looks to be 11.25mm, which is quite a bit thicker..

watch_man

Known Member
7/1/11
^^ and I really love all the words with no spaces between them :lolcina:.
But seriously... how careless can one be? Or is it because they can't engrave the letters that small and they run out of space?
The dial is really brilliant in all aspects, but with that movement, that´s a waste of money. Really sad...

Last edited:

watch_man

Known Member
7/1/11
Glaude i've taken the leap today! I've ordered it. let's see how bad it is for the money hehe

Very bold, as for me that misspelling is a nogo, even if it is so small, but for more than 750$ ???!!! But I really love the dial and the amount of craftmanship that went into it.
I am already curious about the pictures of your coming review of the Enamel Calatrava.
Your review of the Lange Tourbillon finally convinced me to buy it as well. So maybe that´ s the case here also.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Very bold, as for me that misspelling is a nogo, even if it is so small, but for more than 750$ ???!!! But I really love the dial and the amount of craftmanship that went into it.
I am already curious about the pictures of your coming review of the Enamel Calatrava.
Your review of the Lange Tourbillon finally convinced me to buy it as well. So maybe that´ s the case here also.

Thanks for your comment mate, i take it as a huge compliment. Appreciated.

To be honest i am exchanging this watch. I've sold a watch that had more flaws. And buying this instead. So seen at my collection as a whole, it's an upgrade. Also the chance to have a real enamel watch is too tempting to resist. What i can see for now vs the gen is:

- Small details are different in the picture on the dial. But because the gen is handpainted, there will also be variations in that, as fx there are no two gen 5131's that look alike.
- I've ordered "the Porter", as the painting in the rep is more detailed. "The Barge" looks a bit more "blurred", that's why.
- The missing caseback on the backside doesn't bother me, as it would've added to the thickness and secondly - even as i consider myself as having some knowledge about Patek, it wasn't easy for me to seek out the info that the 5089G-061 and 062 have a hinged caseback. As both are not produced anymore and are rare, and info on them is sparce on the net. You have to search them out in detail. So when i will wear this watch, even show it to others, i would have the confidence, that even they know something about watches, they won't know this.
- Regarding the thickness, the gen is 9,2mm and the rep is 11,25. I've seen pictures of the rep in sideview, and the crystal is pretty domed. So my best guess is that the rep without crystal is around 9.5mm. I bet that the rep looks slim on the wrist.

The spelling mistakes off course bother me. Let's see if they are there on the watch i get. Maybe the pictures are of a prototype, but probably not hehe.

Let's see. I will know more in a few weeks. Hopefully positive!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Glaude i've taken the leap today! I've ordered it. let's see how bad it is for the money hehe

Honestly, you did well. It's unlikely to see this rep stay long on the market, the supply is certainly very limited, and I don't see a new version coming up on the market with just the typo corrected, they rarely do that on such exclusive models.

You picked up the only and best rep we'll ever see on this particular dial at least !

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it !

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Honestly, you did well. It's unlikely to see this rep stay long on the market, the supply is certainly very limited, and I don't see a new version coming up on the market with just the typo corrected, they rarely do that on such exclusive models.

You picked up the only and best rep we'll ever see on this particular dial at least !

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it !

I think you are right. I got the QC today. The dial is stunning! The movement has the spelling mistakes. Looks fairly thin. Maybe a little thicker than the 5296. Will be interesting when it arrives. The crown looked "pulled out" though, there was space between case and crown. So i had to say i reject it if it isn't because the crown is pulled.

Last edited: