• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ENAMEL DIAL!!!! Calatrava 5089G

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I’ve not been checking into the Patek area anywhere near enough and I missed this. Thankfully (or not thankfully when it comes to my bank balance) my TD knows I’m into Patek and he emailed me this a few days ago.

Will reserve judgement until we see it in the flesh, but the fact they are even attempting things like this should get us all very excited for the future of rep collecting. We used to say “they’ll never rep xxxxx watch, it’s too complicated” or “it’s impossible to rep this watch”. Nowadays it seems nothing is impossible! We have functioning annual calendar watches, intricate tourbillons, innovative materials for cases and dials, reliable clone movements. Don’t make any assumptions about what is possible in the future. Extremely exciting time to be in this hobby!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
n checking into the Patek area anywhere near enough and I missed this. Thankfully (or not thankfully when it comes to my bank balance) my TD knows I’m into Patek and he emailed me this a few days ago.

Will reserve judgement until we see it in the flesh, but the fact they are even attempting things like this should get us all very excited for the future of rep collecting. We used to say “they’ll never rep xxxxx watch, it’s too complicated” or “it’s impossible to rep this watch”. Nowadays it seems nothing is impossible! We have functioning annual calendar watches, intricate tourbillons, innovative materials for cases and dials, reliable clone movements. Don’t make any assumptions about what is possible in the future. Extremely exciting time to be in this hobby!

DC

Which TD has it mate?

Btw g​​​​​​Great views from you and Glaude .

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Yes but he said he maybe won't sell it!

It was him who emailed me about it so not sure why he’d do that if he didn’t intend to sell it to me. That said I know he’s not keen on selling high price items but having been a customer of his for a number of years he does make the odd exception for me (I managed to persuade him to sell me the RM027 which was circa $1,200).

Once it is released all the TDs will have access to it so just take your pick!

DC

Reactions: Godfathar

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
It was him who emailed me about it so not sure why he’d do that if he didn’t intend to sell it to me. That said I know he’s not keen on selling high price items but having been a customer of his for a number of years he does make the odd exception for me (I managed to persuade him to sell me the RM027 which was circa $1,200).

Once it is released all the TDs will have access to it so just take your pick!

DC

Oh okay. I understand. I've only bought 3 reps from him. Maybe that's why.

Let's hope there are released some good videos to decide upon.

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
Wow that's an amazing piece, am looking forward. Now to get it before CNY..

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
You say only the blue ones first, but the last picture has a green face ?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Why the heck do they always speak in chineseeeeee?!?!
Come on, put some effort into it and write some subtitles at least lmao

I activated subtitle for youtube (auto mode of course) but I think they take a while to be available in the options of the video :D

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Thanks mate!!! Great of you to update us all. It's truly amazing. Exactly as i hoped. The enamel shines so beautiful like porcelain, and like enamel should. The level of detail is amazing. Even though there are differences from the gen, we should remember there are no two exact gens in these models, as they are all hand painted, with the variances there will be.

The micro rotor movement looks amazing. I like the deco plates. Even though it's not a 100% match to gen. It's totally acceptable.

Glaude thanks for sharing the video in youtube quality. Better than the one i could see on Youku.

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Glaude thanks for sharing the video in youtube quality. Better than the one i could see on Youku.

There's a way to get the original quality of 1080p but I can't be bothered to find the website I found that did it, so 720p it is :)

Love that micro rotor too, I don't really like that dial, not the quality but the design itself, that's a totally personal taste but I would really like the green one shown in the "commercial" flyer we saw

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Thank you very much guys for sharing the video. There is no doubt that despite not being a 1: 1 in an exceptional piece, and it may be a replica after all but it is a true piece of art.

Does anyone know the thickness of the gen? I want to think that it is thicker than 5296 due to the microroto. The strap looks pretty good to be rep.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Haha, the fisherman one says email......was that supposed to say enamel???

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Thank you for sharing the video/pics. I am amazed at the amount of work the rep factories are putting in to the new generation of Watches that we are seeing. 2020 should be an exciting year in the rep game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Danii