• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe 5205G-013 Annual Calendar Review

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
IMG-8187.jpg

Reactions: SuperBatman

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
@jm_brc_7057 I’m new to repping but I’ve gone ahead and ordered the watch based on your glorious review ????. Any chance you cast an eye over my QC photo please? See if you can spot any obvious alignment issues please.

Sorry buddy, I have a lot of stuff to attend to, work etc. So i would suggest you and others to ask everyone (not just the reviewer). As doing a review isn't equal to taking responsibility for doing people's QC.

Your QC looks fine to me. The "16" has minor misalignment, as has the day "SAT", but it's difficult to get a watch with much better than this.

On a side note I get a lot of questions regarding the watches i review. I always answer questions asked in an informed manner. The one's that are the spoon feeding type i don't feel need to answer. If people respect my time by doing their research i feel obliged to help them. Otherwise not.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Really digging into this rep and been thinking about ways to fix the date window. Might be able to remove the date crystal and figure something out for a better date display.

The thing about Nautilus complications is that the dial is harder to execute, not to mention the quality of the case and bracelet construction.

joannestiers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/20
Congrats. It’s a lovely watch. The moon phase is a day/night indicator.

Thanks bro. I ordered 2 Patek that you reviewd because I really enjoy it and love them. Puretime has a model and they said the moonphase is functional, what do you think? Is this the KMF model you said in the post?
https://puretimewatch.io/complicati...lack-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-cal-324.html

For me, after reading many post, I only see the Jaeger https://puretimewatch.io/master-ult...hite-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a925-v2.html has the moonphase as they indicated " like gen "

Have nice weekend bro, really appreciate what you contributed.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks bro. I ordered 2 Patek that you reviewd because I really enjoy it and love them. Puretime has a model and they said the moonphase is functional, what do you think? Is this the KMF model you said in the post?
https://puretimewatch.io/complicati...lack-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-cal-324.html

For me, after reading many post, I only see the Jaeger https://puretimewatch.io/master-ult...hite-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a925-v2.html has the moonphase as they indicated " like gen "

Have nice weekend bro, really appreciate what you contributed.

No problem mate. Nice to hear that it was useful for you. It's true that the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon has a functional moon phase. I've owned the ZF myself. Great watch, although i found the dial/design a little boring after some while.

Regarding the 5205, all of them are non-functional in the sense, that they aren't a moonphase, but a day/night indicator. There are no current Patek reps with a functional moon phase. To my knowledge, only the JLC Ultra Thin Moon, the A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Moonphase and one Blancpain (don't remember which model) has a functional moon phase.

joannestiers

4/5/20
No problem mate. Nice to hear that it was useful for you. It's true that the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon has a functional moon phase. I've owned the ZF myself. Great watch, although i found the dial/design a little boring after some while.

Regarding the 5205, all of them are non-functional in the sense, that they aren't a moonphase, but a day/night indicator. There are no current Patek reps with a functional moon phase. To my knowledge, only the JLC Ultra Thin Moon, the A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Moonphase and one Blancpain (don't remember which model) has a functional moon phase.

Thanks mate, really appreciate that. I've been reading many post on RWI and RWG and still cannot find a good VC. I think I'll go with the GF Jaeger Moonphase.
I also ask Fat Panda about the 5930G but seems that he does not have it in stock.
Mate, you collection really inspires me in this field lol

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks mate, really appreciate that. I've been reading many post on RWI and RWG and still cannot find a good VC. I think I'll go with the GF Jaeger Moonphase.
I also ask Fat Panda about the 5930G but seems that he does not have it in stock.
Mate, you collection really inspires me in this field lol

Thanks buddy. I saw the 5930 in gen yesterday. The 5930 is totally different irl than in pictures. The rep is nowhere near it. It looks like a toy. You can say it Also is in a way as it’s a quartz haha

Last edited:
Reactions: joannestiers

joannestiers

4/5/20
Thanks buddy. I saw the 5930 in gen yesterday. The 5930 is totally different irl than in pictures. The rep is nowhere near it. It looks like a toy. You can say it Also is in a way as it’s a quartz haha

I hope they will have more new high quality rep in stock. I almost checking them all, from Trusty, Puretime, Intime, Panda, Toro and don't feel comfortable with any Patek except the 2 reps 5070 and 5205 that you reviewed and I already purchased.

Of course I did see some nice model but they're fantasy so I don't think I should take it. Have you ever seen a good rep of Patek 5905?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I hope they will have more new high quality rep in stock. I almost checking them all, from Trusty, Puretime, Intime, Panda, Toro and don't feel comfortable with any Patek except the 2 reps 5070 and 5205 that you reviewed and I already purchased.

Of course I did see some nice model but they're fantasy so I don't think I should take it. Have you ever seen a good rep of Patek 5905?

No, haven't seen that one. There's no movement to support an annual calendar with chrono at 6. You should check the 5227, 5296, 5089.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
If they make the 5905 chrono non-functional but fix the sunken date issue i will definitely buy it.

I await the day when they will fix the sunken date issue - that probably mean they need to custom build an annual calendar function on top of the movement.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Here is the movement I took from Ryan's vimeo which I think is for the IWC annual calendar and used for Patek annual calendar reps. It kinda gives us an idea on the sunken date issue.
XTfDF.png

https://vimeo.com/user15129787
My guess is they had to lay the day-light moonphase indicator and 24-hour hand on top and raise the month and day wheels. If we take out the moonphase and 24-hour hand complications we might be able to lower the month and day wheel and therefore the dial to get closer with the date.

GRF has really taken the effort to make their 5726 rep better. I think we can see a better version of 5205 soon.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
GRF has really taken the effort to make their 5726 rep better. I think we can see a better version of 5205 soon.

Yeah. In a few years we’ll probably see a clone movement supporting the annual calendars. Although I don’t expect it to be soon. It doesn’t move so fast in the rep industry.

until then there will be functional and visual flaws as these are highly movement dependent and caused by movement constraints.

the available Chinese movements can’t be used to solve these. So don’t believe there’s gonna be a super rep anytime soon.
its about enjoying these pieces until a improved version comes along in some years.

Last edited:

joannestiers

4/5/20
Yeah. In a few years we’ll probably see a clone movement supporting the annual calendars. Although I don’t expect it to be soon. It doesn’t move so fast in the rep industry.

until then there will be functional and visual flaws as these are highly movement dependent and caused by movement constraints.

the available Chinese movements can’t be used to solve these. So don’t believe there’s gonna be a super rep anytime soon.
its about enjoying these pieces until a improved version comes along in some years.

I have a news from Puretime. They said this one has the moonphase working function like the Gen

I'm not so sure about that as KMF is the previous of GMF and I've not seen any one confirm the moonphase actually working on a Patek.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China

joannestiers

4/5/20
KMF is supposed to be inferior to the one reviewed in this thread, especially on the case construction.

Yes I think so. But when they confirm the moonphase is working actually, I was curious and thinking about buy one to test.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I have a news from Puretime. They said this one has the moonphase working function like the Gen
https://puretimewatch.io/complicatio...p-cal-324.html

I'm not so sure about that as KMF is the previous of GMF and I've not seen any one confirm the moonphase actually working on a Patek.

I repeat myself for the last time. It is not a functional moon phase. It is a day-night indicator. You need to read about how a moon phase works. It has a 29,5 day cycle in a month showing two moons in that period. A day-night indicator turns the two moons within one day. Which is the case here.

joannestiers

4/5/20
I repeat myself for the last time. It is not a functional moon phase. It is a day-night indicator. You need to read about how a moon phase works. It has a 29,5 day cycle in a month showing two moons in that period. A day-night indicator turns the two moons within one day. Which is the case here.

Sorry to get you mad, bro, I don't want to question anything about your idea, I trust you 100% and I know about moonphase. My opinion is why Puretime can says it's actually working moonphase? Just curious because they're dealer so at least they should know about moonphase. I don't want anyone read on the website and think it's actually moonphase and then, receive a wrong one which only shows day-night.