• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello guys
Why is ppf making a blue and a gray dial version of the Nautilus? The Gen is just available in white or blue, isn't it?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Patek Philippe did make a gray faced Nautilus in the past, the 5711G, I'm not sure if it still in production. It came with a 18K white gold case and a black leather strap only. Reps of this model could still be found on some TDs websites.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Has anyone else ever winded this and it starts to vibrate for a few seconds?

Not sure if this is the same as you but when I wind mine manually and don’t screw back the crown right away, the crown starts spinning backwards and the rotor spins super fast too making the watch vibrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Not sure if this is the same as you but when I wind mine manually and don’t screw back the crown right away, the crown starts spinning backwards and the rotor spins super fast too making the watch vibrate.

Yeah I think this is the same thing happening to mine - I freaked out because I never had this happen with any other rep.

Reactions: Aya007

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
Just RL one with the white dial badly misaligned to the right, both dial and dw.
Anyone knows if this kind of problem can be a quick fix by the factory or TD ?
If the dial feet has some space to move, this should be an easy fix...
But overall the watch was really good, even the hour markers on the dial were all very well placed, what a pity...

Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Alot of ones seem to have DW that is all too far to the left?

otabaru

7/3/18
Now, the second QC pictures are even more bizarre!
One shows the dial with a perfectly centered date "1" and the other shows date "26" completely wrong inside the DWO, partially cut on the upper side and unleveled...
Looks like they are from two different watches!
Is it a common issue of this movement/dw? To show some dates correctly and the others way out of level/center?
Also, I really like the white dial, but after browsing all this topic, it looks like the PPF V2 version with a blue dial usually comes with less fails, or is it just my impression?

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Now, the second QC pictures are even more bizarre!
One shows the dial with a perfectly centered date "1" and the other shows date "26" completely wrong inside the DWO, partially cut on the upper side and unleveled...
Looks like they are from two different watches!
Is it a common issue of this movement/dw? To show some dates correctly and the others way out of level/center?
Also, I really like the white dial, but after browsing all this topic, it looks like the PPF V2 version with a blue dial usually comes with less fails, or is it just my impression?

Is it possible that the pic of your 26 is taken while the watch is switching to the next date? Time would be between 10.30pm and 12am

otabaru

7/3/18
Is it possible that the pic of your 26 is taken while the watch is switching to the next date? Time would be between 10.30pm and 12am

Thanks! I considered that possibility, but time on the photo is 08:20...
I guess I will ask for a blue dial instead, it really looks like the blue dials are better done/adjusted on the PPF V2.

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks! I considered that possibility, but time on the photo is 08:20...
I guess I will ask for a blue dial instead, it really looks like the blue dials are better done/adjusted on the PPF V2.

Just a question of batch. Mine was an early model and had no issue. But it does seem that recent models of the white dialed have some dial alignment issues.

jersalo

14/10/12
Does anyone else have problems with the power reserve?
Mine (PPF blue dial V1) does not have enough power reserve to get through the night (reserve varies from approx. 4-6hours)
I even tried wearing it during the night, but when I wake up it's empty (maybe I don't move at all? haha).

Any ideas on what can be the problem?

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I had the same problem. please keep in mind that the movement only winds in one direction of the rotor, clockwise that is. ( the Gen anti-clockwise) My watchmaker cleaned the bearing of the rotor and oiled it again. Now it is silent but above all it winds the watch proper, so it can last the night. I do not move allot too during the day, office work.

But there can be a problem in the train too, the system who sets the movement of the rotor in to energy in the barrel. You can test this by putting the watch in a winder (set the winder to wind in the clockwise direction) If it keeps running than this mechanism is ok.

But it is all just my guess :) but it can be solved.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I join the team!
exm35.jpg

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
I join the team!
exm35.jpg

PPF V2? Very nice!! Seems the bezel is more gen like/thinner and the polished sides at the right angle. Thing that´s bugging me is the whiter lume color on the hands vs markers? Or is it the lighting/picture? Thanks

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15

Must be that the little lever preventing the unwinding of the movement is stuck. Easy check and possible solution is to apply a drop of oil, move it a few times until it stays/falls back in place when winding.

Also note that the 9015 movement likes to be wound a little every day, like 20/30 times, for the power reserve to stay happy!

See here where the guy manipulates it with the screwdriver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeGgxCkjw9U

pp.amorim

Horology Curious
2/12/19
Dublin, Ireland
Must be that the little lever preventing the unwinding of the movement is stuck. Easy check and possible solution is to apply a drop of oil, move it a few times until it stays/falls back in place when winding.

Also note that the 9015 movement likes to be wound a little every day, like 20/30 times, for the power reserve to stay happy!

See here where the guy manipulates it with the screwdriver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeGgxCkjw9U

Who wound the watch 20/30 times per day? What's the propose of the rotor in this watch? ????

Reactions: gilrob