• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek philippe nautilus MK v5 short pictorial review

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Reactions: JDM180

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
When you're in the watch-manufacturing business, then it should be as easy as it is. The main problem here is asian culture and their lack of quality control. 'looks good enough to me'. A Patek is also milled out with a CNC machine, come on.. don't kid yourself. You can find youtube videos of this inside

Patek do waste a lot of time polishing and bevelling movement parts that nobody will ever see. Waste of time IMO. This is where a lot of the cost is.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Patek do waste a lot of time polishing and bevelling movement parts that nobody will ever see. Waste of time IMO. This is where a lot of the cost is.

i don't believe those "gen world insights" nothing but promo if they invite some "celebrities" or better said "loyal customers" hehe

I cannot imagine that this visitor actually observed the polishers during the whole process :D

Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
i don't believe those "gen world insights" nothing but promo if they invite some "celebrities" or better said "loyal customers" hehe

I cannot imagine that this visitor actually observed the polishers during the whole process :D

With a loupe I can see a lot of polished and bevelled plates on my AP 3120. Patek is worse for doing this sort of shit. Screw heads polished and chamfered sizes....eyes etc. They finish virtually all parts the same way. You need a loupe to appreciate it. I think it’s a waste of time lol. They have nothing better to do...but helps justify the cost to people like us who want to spend a lot on watches.

BIONONE

28/4/17
With a loupe I can see a lot of polished and bevelled plates on my AP 3120. Patek is worse for doing this sort of shit. Screw heads polished and chamfered sizes....eyes etc. They finish virtually all parts the same way. You need a loupe to appreciate it. I think it’s a waste of time lol. They have nothing better to do...but helps justify the cost to people like us who want to spend a lot on watches.

you are totally right mate!

But in the end you want a high end product that got the distinction character to it. You want something that not everybody else could make. So they have to come up with this level of detailing - we know that, nothing new.

So i think they have to keep the standard high as it is more than a fashion item in the first place (for watch guys). It is its emergence that makes the brand and the watches what they are.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Pointless pics, but SO COOL!!!!

Thanks for sharing mate!!!!

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I believe hes showing mkf factory attention to detail. Not bad considering its a rep.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry, by saying 'pointless' I just meant that seeing a super close up photo of, for example, the date font isn't going to influence our decision to buy the watch or not - but it's certainly really interesting and fun to see nonetheless.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Oh I noticed something else too on these pictures, COLD is spelled COLO
​​​​​​

Yolo!

+ ADJUSETD

by the way, your microscopic pictures are just oasis for who cares details. Thank you for your effort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
Thx guys!

Thank YOU.....Those were some amazing photos....I was thinking as I looked at them - Wow, Patek do some seriously impressive, really detailed work on their timepieces - Then I saw the misspelled words....Wooo Haaa....Too funny, but now I am even more impressed by the work of the Rep watch makers.

Reactions: Midnightx

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Nice pics OP still on the fence with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

Winni

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
🇩🇪
I bought mine from Intime mate.

Bought watches for over 8.000 $ from Ryan @ Intime... until he screwed me and i'm done with him.

Puretime does the job as well, but significantly better...