• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

patient_person

Looking Around
13/7/18
I was initially smitten by the Nautilus. Almost bought the PF, but it's just not good, so I'll wait. Hoping this ZF Aquanaut turns out well, I'm starting to appreciate it more than the Nautilus.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I was initially smitten by the Nautilus. Almost bought the PF, but it's just not good, so I'll wait. Hoping this ZF Aquanaut turns out well, I'm starting to appreciate it more than the Nautilus.

I have the PF Nautilus and I am a rare fan. I think it's a good attempt by PF. Thickness is close to gen, case and bracelet look and feel good, clasp looks good but pops open a little easy. Dial colour is close to gen, only dial markers really let it down. I'm hoping ZF with this release will produce something better than PF did with the Nautilus. If they do it'll be a very close to gen rep!!

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I have the PF Nautilus and I am a rare fan. I think it's a good attempt by PF. Thickness is close to gen, case and bracelet look and feel good, clasp looks good but pops open a little easy. Dial colour is close to gen, only dial markers really let it down. I'm hoping ZF with this release will produce something better than PF did with the Nautilus. If they do it'll be a very close to gen rep!!

Agree. I had one and sold it only because it felt a tad big in my tiny wrists. But as a watch, it's just gorgeous. I haven't seen any BP v2, though, maybe there's not that much difference...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
why is it called grenade?

I did read on article online (cannot find it right now) that the pattern on the Aquanaut, which now resembles the lines on a planisphere, was originally made to resemble the surface of a grenade (check the 5065) as it was commissioned originally as an officer watch by the military of a north African country

Reactions: Nivka

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I did read on article online (cannot find it right now) that the pattern on the Aquanaut, which now resembles the lines on a planisphere, was originally made to resemble the surface of a grenade (check the 5065) as it was commissioned originally as an officer watch by the military of a north African country

now that you mention it, I can see it clearly.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Interesting spelling of isochronism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^ no idea what that movement is ..... but somebody please tell me it’s a clone movement and not a dressed up/down Miyota

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
^ no idea what that movement is ..... but somebody please tell me it’s a clone movement and not a dressed up/down Miyota

I can bet it's a Miyota with decorated bridges like the one used by PF, they look too similar

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Someone posted this pic of the ZF dial. Not sure if this is really it or not, but found this on chinese websites.
kZT2dNH.jpg

Lots of people on the chinese side saying that none of the recent reps have gotten the 'calendar' right, so I'm encouraged that hopefully ZF have been taking notes on what's selling and what people care about.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
If it's Miyota but the deco is done directly on the bridges it could be 9mm