• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
f49ed7e8c1574b57d8a22cf4c75ad9c0.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
f49ed7e8c1574b57d8a22cf4c75ad9c0.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's genuine, I think what Kobe is referring to, is 9015 can be able to modified the balance wheel position as gen, that's why most of the new thin movements are using 9015.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
don't forget to mention that the blue dial only was available with batons/ sticks not with printed and lumed hour markers for a 40mm case diameter as far as i know.

So - i hope it is just a prototype.

Yes it is indeed a prototype, this is a dial for colour testing only, the final version will look drastically different than this, including the hour markers that you mentioned.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I’m not expert but it has the same look to me. I think they used cheapest method. I guess stamp method is cheaper, why bother with engraving which (maybe) better but give 10% better look to human eyes.

BTW I dont have both gen and this rep, I cant judge. Just what I guess:)
f524b355457b7e592fe26b559db64ae9.jpg

That is the 42mm model and the hour markers have a chapter ring around them in white gold. BP makes this version. The ZF dial that was uploaded is just a modification of the 5167 dial.

Reactions: Nivka

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
That's genuine, I think what Kobe is referring to, is 9015 can be able to modified the balance wheel position as gen, that's why most of the new thin movements are using 9015.

How thin with miyota I can’t imagine Gen like PP thickness with miyota anyway let’s wait and see ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
How thin with miyota I can’t imagine Gen like PP thickness with miyota anyway let’s wait and see ..

I think with Miyota the speculation is it will be around 10mm... hoping they get it down to at least 9mm (Gen being 8.5)

But lets see..

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18

It's possible.

Btw since pp is pretty hot in the gen market, there are a lot of pp models coming out from multiple factories in the near future, and that's pretty exciting.
ZF aquanaut is pretty accurate, it'll be the best aquanaut to date as they really did pay real close attention to detail. (To be honest, no one is 100% sure about the release date, the date that TD or any insider gives is always estimated, since ZF can hold it up and launch it next year, so it's all depends on the factory decision. Besides, factories don't just focus on one product at a time, they tend to work on different brands and different product lines at the same time, so delay can happens)
However, I'm more excited about the future 5711 and 5712 competition among factories :)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It's possible.

Btw since pp is pretty hot in the gen market, there are a lot of pp models coming out from multiple factories in the near future, and that's pretty exciting.
ZF aquanaut is pretty accurate, it'll be the best aquanaut to date as they really did pay real close attention to detail. (To be honest, no one is 100% sure about the release date, the date that TD or any insider gives is always estimated, since ZF can hold it up and launch it next year, so it's all depends on the factory decision. Besides, factories don't just focus on one product at a time, they tend to work on different brands and different product lines at the same time, so delay can happens)
However, I'm more excited about the future 5711 and 5712 competition among factories :)
Ok plz we need to know exactly thickness if you can told us sure you know..