• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
I don't think it will be centered in the JFF, the date window is a bit wider than the PF's date window
Close up, still too wide?
Tbh it doesnt bother me at all but why not to upgrade
8cf156163de8af3da20aff12002481c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wernki

Looking Around
4/8/18
The date wheel on blue dial looks a little grey? Or is it just from the camera?

hantu

Horology Curious
16/11/17
Count me in for one, 300% sure, i just ordered a pf today and would like to fix the date font problem.
has anyone an idea for a modder in Europe please ?
I am based in france

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Tbh, it doesn’t look good. Print isn’t perfect. Look at these examples. It’s still too small not bold enough, distance between double digits is off. So is placing.

d3e69bb926ba4ca2e8d51e8cfd9e72a7.jpg
6448035198bbda43a1fdf8e713c114ab.jpg

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Im not able to tell if the prototypes we have are from diffrent stamps. i do know however that some of the date wheels were white (as they should be) some more ivory.

All improvments we are carrying on are based on the date disk found pictured on the white dial Nautilus.

The flaws found by other members are asked to be adressed and they sall be done within next stamp.

thicknes, 1, and number spacing will be corrected ; )

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Im not able to tell if the prototypes we have are from diffrent stamps. i do know however that some of the date wheels were white (as they should be) some more ivory.

All improvments we are carrying on are based on the date disk found pictured on the white dial Nautilus.

The flaws found by other members are asked to be adressed and they sall be done within next stamp.

thicknes, 1, and number spacing will be corrected ; )

Beautiful. thanks for the heads up. Big thanks to spongbob, Quetip and Keylog for all of the hard work and attention to detail.

Spongebob I have a BP 5168 Aquanaut blue dial that has tiny font. I'd be willing to ship it to you for prototyping if you want to try it on that dial too. It would be nice to see how the same DW overlay will fit into other models (if it's one size fits most)

Reactions: mech500

BIONONE

28/4/17
Keylog74 - from the bespoken picture of the JJF version i‘m not sure if i can get the proportion/measurements of the DW cut out to tell you if it will fit or not as every maker decides to change dimensions from model to model...

As for the printing, layout and font issues i would like to kindly remind you to have a look at the vector file...

i have no idea how some numbers ended up like this (for example 1 or the size itself)

unless we dont exactly know what happened to the vector file before printing it is useless to change a merely correct vector sample over and over. You know what i mean.

Keylog74

14/6/13
Keylog74 - from the bespoken picture of the JJF version i‘m not sure if i can get the proportion/measurements of the DW cut out to tell you if it will fit or not as every maker decides to change dimensions from model to model...

As for the printing, layout and font issues i would like to kindly remind you to have a look at the vector file...

i have no idea how some numbers ended up like this (for example 1 or the size itself)

unless we dont exactly know what happened to the vector file before printing it is useless to change a merely correct vector sample over and over. You know what i mean.

no one know why it happen and its not even relevant to know why. What i know is that they are correcting it and printing new samples... Hopefully soon :)

Reactions: BIONONE

lucvan

Horology Curious
4/4/18
Any news? Would be keen for one if you have some success!

Sent from my NX563J using Tapatalk

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
It is very touching to see how this community is getting together for PP. As I said before, I don't have a lot of resources, but willing to contribute financially to the project, if you need anything you guys, just send me a DM. Would love to help out if needed..

best

Reactions: nomana

Keylog74

14/6/13
Date wheel update should come very soon from Spongebob and he will update the thread as I’m away until September! Hopefully we will have everything ready early September!

This are pictures with the old date wheel prototype but I’ll let you spot what new by yourself :D

ce5ce75c2d9e95fb7f815e3eef80bf87.jpg

Reactions: nomana