• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

Jack Hobbes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/19
Yes we did discuss this in another thread. I believe it is a GRF but it’s impossible to know since I bought it from a non TD. Rookie mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
Ok it did not turn out that well, not it looks like I tried to fix it. I am probably going to end up just buying another one since this one keeps giving me problems. I was thinking about the GRF 5726 from pure time. Any concerns about buying from pure time or buying this specific watch? It looks pretty close to gen and is actually a bit thinner.
650aaf99452457d2aab2a9ac48cf4e15.jpg

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
Hey guys I have a question for you. I am stuck between buying the PPF 5711 blue dial super rep or the GRF 5711 blue dial 1:1. On the PPF the date and patek logo is closest to gen and the case is identical to gen (see pictures). The PPF dial I believe is not the right color. The GRF has the right color dial, but not the correct date size and is 8.9mm instead of 8.3. Which do you think would be the best one out of these two?

PPF: https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.html

GRF: https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-5...n-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a324.html

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey guys I have a question for you. I am stuck between buying the PPF 5711 blue dial super rep or the GRF 5711 blue dial 1:1. On the PPF the date and patek logo is closest to gen and the case is identical to gen (see pictures). The PPF dial I believe is not the right color. The GRF has the right color dial, but not the correct date size and is 8.9mm instead of 8.3. Which do you think would be the best one out of these two?

PPF: https://www.intime05.co/patek-philip...et-ppf324.html

GRF: https://puretimewatch.io/nautilus-57...elet-a324.html

At this time I wouldn't get neither one of those two. The PPF has larger looking bezel and a protruding crown. There are two different colors of blue for the PPF, v1 and v2. The v2 is considered better. You already mentioned some of the GRF flaws, plus it also has a larger bezel. The larger bezel of both is due to the wrong bevel angle on the sides of the bezel. The result being a larger flat area at the top of the bezel.

If you must have a Nautilus today, I would opt for a custom hybrid model which would consists of:
PF 5711 complete watch
PPF v2 blue dial and hands
Kelog DWO for PPF dial

You may want to consider waiting for some of the new Nautilus models with the clone 324 SC movement.

Last edited:

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
I’d prefer to have the more reliable miyota movement. Not to say that the clone might be great but as history shows clone movement can be rather annoying to deal with. But nonetheless that is very impressive. But the pictures on Ryan’s website show a gen watch next to the rep watch and I cannot tell the bezels apart. You’ll need to look at the link for this, as I believe it is a new version of PPF. But the color of the PPF is what I’m worried about. Take a look at the link to see what you think of the color. Thanks for your input!!

https://www.intime05.co/patek-phili...blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.html

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
At this time I wouldn't get neither one of those two. The PPF has larger looking bezel and a protruding crown. There are two different colors of blue for the PPF, v1 and v2. The v2 is considered better. You already mentioned some of the GRF flaws, plus it also has a larger bezel. The larger bezel of both is due to the wrong bevel angle on the sides of the bezel. The result being a larger flat area at the top of the bezel.

If you must a Nautilus today, I would opt for a custom hybrid model which would consists of:
PF 5711 complete watch
PPF v2 blue dial and hands
Kelog DWO for PPF dial

You may want to consider waiting for some of the new Nautilus models with the clone 324 SC movement.

Oh I see what you are saying now. It’s just a fraction of a millimeter too wide. But one last question. If I got the PPF super rep would the color of the dial really be that bad. Because otherwise everything else is good. The date is very close, the case thickness is .1mm off and except for the bezel it’s a great case. I’m just worried that the dial is the complete wrong color. Do you think that it’s too big of a giveaway to invest in the watch. Or is it a good color?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oh I see what you are saying now. It’s just a fraction of a millimeter too wide. But one last question. If I got the PPF super rep would the color of the dial really be that bad. Because otherwise everything else is good. The date is very close, the case thickness is .1mm off and except for the bezel it’s a great case. I’m just worried that the dial is the complete wrong color. Do you think that it’s too big of a giveaway to invest in the watch. Or is it a good color?

The color differences between the v1 and v2 blue dials can be found in the "Official 5711 PPF v2 Thread". As long as you get the v2 version it'll be good.
The link from InTime does not indicate it is a v2, but Purtime has theirs as a v2.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
I am going to go with Puretimes one as it clearly states the V2. Thank you so much for your help Gilrob!!

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
Hey guys, do you think it would be possible to switch my GRF crown onto the PPF V2 that I might buy, if so how would I do this?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hey guys, do you think it would be possible to switch my GRF crown onto the PPF V2 that I might buy, if so how would I do this?

This is the dedicated Nautilus Date Wheel Thread - with all respect - if you got any further questions that have nothing to do with the bespoken models and their date wheel it would be much appreciated not to cross post and fill it up with off topic questions.

if your questions are not answered in another thread regarding the new releases etc. try to ask publicly in a particular thread - that‘s how it will stay organized over here :)

regards.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
A surprise email from Spongebob arrived this morning. I think he is unaware that a request for reimbursement is underway, I think we should cancel that unless you have already started. Spongebob apologized for not replying to my emails, citing personal issues.

Spongebob stated that he is working with a different vendor. Currently the alignment issues have been corrected but the date font needs improvement. The DWO should ready by the 15th.

This is an update, I received an email and picture of the correct MKF DWO from Spongebob a few days ago and it looks promising. He stated he should be receiving them from the factory sometime next week.

I compared the picture of the new MKF DWO to the wrong DWO he initially sent. Using a magnifying lens (similar to the one used on the search icon) I found the date numbers on the new/correct MKF DWO have been moved to the left or towards the center of DWO. This may correct the right justified date numbers of the first DWO sent, the only way to verify this is to see the new/correct MKF DWO mounted temporarily on a case with a MKF dial.

Spongebob, please send me pictures of the new/corrected MKF DWO mounted temporarily on a Nautilus case and MKF dial so we can verify it fits correctly. Show a few date numbers, in single digits, the teens, the twenties and thirties. I don't want to send it to the modder only to find it didn't fit correctly like the first one you sent, costing me some money. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
gilrob I’ve emailed both parties and have no received a response so hopefully after the new year. If you hear that the DWO is available beforehand, please let me know as I will order another. Thanks and happy holidays.

Merphious

Horology Curious
26/12/19
Australia
Hey people, first time poster. Ive purchased a PPF v2, looking for a Keylog datewheel. His website says out of stock, does anybody know when they may become in stock. I Spent a full day reading the official ppf forum so I appologise if its been mentioned and I have missed it.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
May I ask what is wrong with the date wheel on the PPF V2? I just bought one and I might be interested in buying one.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Hey people, first time poster. Ive purchased a PPF v2, looking for a Keylog datewheel. His website says out of stock, does anybody know when they may become in stock. I Spent a full day reading the official ppf forum so I appologise if its been mentioned and I have missed it.

As for now there is no second run of this project. You can order a pf but to center it you need a skilled modder.