Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Nautilus date wheel project

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nautilus date wheel project

Some of you might know, im a hard core Patek fan!

I bought the PF nautilus when was first lunched, with all its faults the overall case quality convinced me....

Anyway what's this thread about?

CORRECT DATE WHEEL FOR THE NAUTILUS & AQUANAUT !!!

PF, BP, MKF all use the same miyota so the DW would be the same for all of them... if you are interested in such thing please let me know, i will take note of you all and see from there how this project will develop.

This is now complete : www.datewheel.info

Compatibility of this DW so far is:

PF Nautilus
    BP Nautilus
    KMF Aquanaut
    BP Aquanaut.
    JJF Nautilus (order the specific one from menu)

Last edited by Keylog74; 15-03-19, 09:57.
    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Count me in.
    WANT TO BUY:
    - Noob Rolex Submariner 116610ln SA3135
    - ARF DSSD James Cameron SH3135 V1/V2.
    - ARF 36mm Datejust blue dial on Jubilee SH3135.
    - XF AP FC Diver v2/v3 a2836
    - JF AP RO 15400 v5 white or black dial
    - JJF VC Overseas on rubber strap

Comment

Interested.
      Last edited by gilrob; 14-05-18, 23:22.

Comment

That's one thing that puts me off from Nautilus and Aquanauts. I would be in for a couple.

Comment

Definitely in. Just don't understand why the other factories aside from BP can't get this right :-/

If this kicks off will definitely get my Naut ordered!
          WANTED: AP Rubberclad Black w/ AR Xtal, Serviced, Shaved Tachy & Pinion, Mikey DW

SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-SH3135

Comment

Originally posted by androme View Post
            Definitely in. Just don't understand why the other factories aside from BP can't get this right :-/

If this kicks off will definitely get my Naut ordered!
            BP never got it right. Only factory that did get it right was v6f on the sw200/2824 clone.

TitleistRolex: my question wasn't to ask "Hey QueDick can you tell any flaws of this watch or that watch?!"
            RM#1:
            I’ll give you my cell and FaceTime me and I’ll show you wealth you petty lil child

QFOAHDT

Comment

Originally posted by QueTip View Post

BP never got it right. Only factory that did get it right was v6f on the sw200/2824 clone.
              Whoops that's who I meant, thanks!
              WANTED: AP Rubberclad Black w/ AR Xtal, Serviced, Shaved Tachy & Pinion, Mikey DW

SH3135 Essential Upgrades Thread

Superfranken SubC 116610LN Noob V6S w/ Hybrid Gen-SH3135

Comment

I’m in

Comment

I'd also be in...what are the main barriers to making it happen?

Comment

i'm in for a few

Comment

Yes please

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Keylog74 This sounds like an great project, hope that this goes well.
                        Some info on the way that might help, when I did my Nautilus build a year ago or so, based on a v6f/SW200 watch and put an 2892 eta inside I did try out a few different dial for it and in the end I used the mkf v.4 blue dial for it, I noticed that one problem with the different makers was that the datewheel window was of different size and also placed different so that might be one problem that will accour to get one datewheel overlay to fit different watches from the makers even though they are using the same movement.
                        It's not a huge difference but it's there and if you want it so near perfect as possible you have to factor that in and might be an good info to know.
                        And I agree that the v6f/sw200 watch is the only one that has been close to the gen regarding both the datewheel font and datewheel window size and placement.
                        The compairing that I did with the mkf dial that I used and v6f/sw200 clearly showed that it had an larger datewheel window and placed more towards the center of the dial, it's again, not by much but enough to make it look bad.

Here is an example with the v6f/sw200 datewheel mounted on the eta2892 movement and the mkf v.4 dial, you can clearly see what I mean.
                        Last edited by w0rn; 06-05-18, 10:07.

Comment

I’m in man. What order of magnitude budget is required to get a few prototypes designed, printed and then fitted to a watch for review?

Comment

I’m in for this as well. I’ve been thinking about doint it locally but never got the time to invest So I’m very very interested.

Comment

Definitely in for this. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X