• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Did he completely do everything thats possible to be done? That translation on wechat is really a mess so I couldnt understand everything? Thanks

He do all mod done as possible other then the thinning crown. Other then buff dial hands dw. He mod moveable endlink, rebrush whole watch, silent rotor.
He is way cheaper then all TD , TD mark up double for all his parts. Buff is very famous in china, they are a group not just a person. And if TD and some members here can get parts from him , which kind of mean he is trust worthy.

Reactions: Cadows

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
maybe because amf is 50 percent + more expensive and do you work for amf you have commented countless times in this thread alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don’t work for AMF, and in fact like you have been on these forums for many many years, and learnt all the lessons and seen all the commentary on bad non-tds, etc. Then I have watched all the people complain when they didn’t get what they expected etc from a non trusted source. AMF and all the other approved modders on here are trusted for a reason, I am staying at even if AMF are so called more expensive, and I don’t know that, it’s a piece of mind that if something is wrong, a trusted TD will put it right. It’s that simple really and isn’t there a value to pay for that piece of mind?

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I simply cannot understand why people buy off a non TD, especially with the language challenges? [mention]AMF [/mention] do all this and are a trusted TD with no language issues and superb craftsmanship.

AMF is cool however, it comes down to pricing. Unless your going for their hybrid build, their standard builds are pricy when compared to others. Im not sure if there is a quality difference as I have not held any of there builds in hand. On paper it seems very similar to other builders.

Reactions: Garuda

carroll_llc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/1/22

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Last edited by a moderator:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
it baffles me how, no matter how much you pay, there are always nagging defects like crooked markers or not centered datewheels..

I gave up on this watch man. used to be my grail but I haven't found a decent one yet
I guess is part of the rep game. You are spending less than 1% Vs a gen ($150k now right?). Or maybe source a gen dial?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mercedesslr

kiyo

Looking Around
9/2/19
How to pay for buff? wise? bit coin?

I heard about the stock, but I'm in trouble because the story doesn't go on.

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
It depends based off of my experience. When initially I was getting the green I got the QC in 2 days. When the error of misunderstanding happened it’s now taken about a week. I should get my QC today from what I was told yesterday.

Thank you. How come you g ave up on the green?

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
As I observed , the DW font is different on newer year 5711 and 5167. On the 330 mvt the font is smaller and thinning , pretty close the stock 3k. The bold font is on 324 mvt.
and the crown guard shape and crown thickness on 3k is pretty close to gen 2013

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
And if the font is bold version, lots of gen have the 1x and 2x left align and touching the top of the date window. So the buff DW seems correct.
this might not be for all gen , but there are many sample of the alignment like that.

Reactions: mech500

GMTII Cali

Horology Curious
25/4/20
Totally agree with Ac1013 on the left alignment and the Buff DW looks right to me as well on some of the gen pictures from Chrono24.
I’m still waiting QC photos from Buff.
It also looks like he re-shape the bezel according to his photos.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Totally agree with Ac1013 on the left alignment and the Buff DW looks right to me as well on some of the gen pictures from Chrono24.
I’m still waiting QC photos from Buff.
It also looks like he re-shape the bezel according to his photos.

i just got my buff mod 5711 a few days ago. It is great. Dial color is amazing in real life. But ordering from buff does have down side. his new batch dial got misaligned markers. And he wouldnt care to fix it. I have seen 4 set of QC and they are all like that. And it will kind of make the dial a bit twisted. expected a bit of dust . Since his QC is not that great. Lastly even he ship out your watch , he will not rmb to send you the tracking. So don’t expect a TD service with him. BUT he is way way cheaper then TD.
his product is fantastic! I am very happy with the watch . And its just so much better then the stock 3k

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
i just got my buff mod 5711 a few days ago. It is great. Dial color is amazing in real life. But ordering from buff does have down side. his new batch dial got misaligned markers. And he wouldnt care to fix it. I have seen 4 set of QC and they are all like that. And it will kind of make the dial a bit twisted. expected a bit of dust . Since his QC is not that great. Lastly even he ship out your watch , he will not rmb to send you the tracking. So don’t expect a TD service with him. BUT he is way way cheaper then TD.
his product is fantastic! I am very happy with the watch . And its just so much better then the stock 3k

Pics please ;-)))))))))

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Thank you. How come you g ave up on the green?

When it was pointed out that the movement is a 324 clone with a 330 engraving. Its a silly thing but my OCD kicked in that it wont work like a real one with hacking seconds. Plus it seemed that the blue dial with peggy's date wheel would be more accurate as a whole than the green dial. Though I love the green and even the tifiany Im happy with the blue just waiting on it to arrive.

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Does anyone know the waterproofness of Peggy's modded nautilus? Just wondering as I asked but got a runaround answer like dont worry about it. Im not planing to dive with it or anything just want to know if its safe from humidity, under runing water or rain.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Does anyone know the waterproofness of Peggy's modded nautilus? Just wondering as I asked but got a runaround answer like dont worry about it. Im not planing to dive with it or anything just want to know if its safe from humidity, under runing water or rain.

I think any high end rep is good in running water . Like washing it .

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I think any high end rep is good in running water . Like washing it .

It seems to varry from builders. Ive had one that got condensation inside while walking from an airport terminal to the plane. Crown was on tight and no parts seemed to be loose. Im guessing it was a issue with the bezel attachement. Its my main reason for always selecting a warterprofing option to avoid a situation like that.