• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
You don't have to see it installed to see that it's indeed justified left just a slight bit more on 22 - 29 (maybe even 30 just a little).

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
You don't have to see it installed to see that it's indeed justified left just a slight bit more on 22 - 29 (maybe even 30 just a little).

I was being subtle :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
Gents, I hate to ask as I know the info is surely out there but there are probably a dozen popular 5711 Nautilus threads with thousands of replies between them all. I'm interested in a blue dialed Nautilus, and the two things im looking for outside of a generally good case set and whatnot are a NON CLONE movement, something reliable, common and easy to service, and that aquamarine/green-ish tint to the blue dial that some gen Nautilus' seem to have.

Are there any out of the box options that check these two boxes or will a bit of modding need to be done to achieve this? If such a rep dial even exists?

You are looking at exactly the thread to find this information

Reactions: bigtiddygothgf

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
You are looking at exactly the thread to find this information

Went through some other threads last night and just read through this entire one and boy does it make things more complicated hahaha.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Went through some other threads last night and just read through this entire one and boy does it make things more complicated hahaha.

If you still want a no clone movement, its actually pretty simple if you want it out of the box
same applies if you want an ootb clone movement

It only gets more complicated if you want tood it or combine different parts from different watches

Reactions: Lariram

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
If you still want a no clone movement, its actually pretty simple if you want it out of the box
same applies if you want an ootb clone movement

It only gets more complicated if you want tood it or combine different parts from different watches

OOTB would obviously nice, but seems like the best currently available OOTB option with a non-clone, PPF's V4, has a thick bezel. I've also seen some complaints over the thickness and feel of the bracelet but I'm not sure how founded those are since its something you can only really determine with the watch in hand. The protruding crown seems to be a simple fix so not really concerned with that part.

Is there anyone out there that can thin the bezel on the PPF? That+crown mod and a Buff dial would leave me satisfied I feel.

Last edited:

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
OOTB would obviously nice, but seems like the best OOTB option with a non-clone, PPF's V4, has a thick bezel. I've also seen some complaints over the thickness and feel of the bracelet but I'm not sure how founded those are since its something you can only really determine with the watch in hand. The protruding crown seems to be a simple fix so not really concerned with that part.

Is there anyone out there that can thin the bezel on the PPF? That+crown mod and a Buff dial would leave me satisfied I feel.

There are modders out there to thin the crown. Its the most common mod. Just need to find one your comfotable with. For the bezel I havent heard of anyone thining it to be honest.

Tobel

6/7/17
There are modders out there to thin the crown. Its the most common mod. Just need to find one your comfotable with. For the bezel I havent heard of anyone thining it to be honest.

Same understanding from me. The bezel is not so much thick vertically, it's actually a little too wide horizontally

But it's not that bad honestly

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Same understanding from me. The bezel is not so much thick vertically, it's actually a little too wide horizontally

I agree with that. I had a PPF white dial v2 or V3 I can never remember as my phone wallpaper. Went to a Patek AD, they saw the pic and were like it seems like an older model. It had no mods just good lighting and even they belived it was real. Its a shame it got lost in shipping to a modder. I just hope the buff blue 3kf from peggy can live up to some of that glory.

oniongb_97

Horology Curious
27/12/21

I think the bezel has the right dimensions, it's just slanted at an angle larger than what they do on gen, so the flat brushed "top" part of the bezel seems thicker, would be a quite easy mod, so it's wierd no one have done it...

Skickat från min M2101K9G via Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
I think the bezel has the right dimensions, it's just slanted at an angle larger than what they do on gen, so the flat brushed "top" part of the bezel seems thicker, would be a quite easy mod, so it's wierd no one have done it...

Skickat från min M2101K9G via Tapatalk

Yes the brushed side of the bezel is wider, resulting in a more slanted polished side or the other way around :)

But the base width and height (or thickness) are correct

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

3KF and PPF bezels* are way too fat horizontally. It annoys me much in real life but I can/must live with it. If I jumped on this 5711 train right now then I'd go straight for a trihybrid rep made of modded PF base + 3KF movement + Buff or PPFv4 dial.

*Edit: I mean their brushed surface

Last edited:

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I did see a lot of talk of a PF base but I had no luck finding any of their watches at TD's. I'm guessing they got caught up in all the raids that took down Noob and some others?

As a few of you guys have mentioned, I also noticed that it seems like the polished section of the PPF bezel is just at too steep of an angle which makes the top brushed face wider. At first it does seem like it'd be a simple mod, just reshape the metal, however, just from looking at pictures it seems like its not a simple polished flat chamfer, but seems to be ever so slightly rounded too? I imagine that'd make it harder to modify. The Nautilus bezels also have those little 'crease' lines that are at the corners, seems like those would be difficult to work with as well. It might honestly be easier to just make a correct bezel from scratch hahaha. I can do it in CAD but actually manufacturing and making it is a completely different story.

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I did a very simple mod on the 3k, and the bezel looks way better already. In real life it looks good. Just use a dry polish cloth and go around the edge of where the brush and mirror meet. That will give that polish line of the bezel as gen.

Reactions: notawatchguy

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
I did a very simple mod on the 3k, and the bezel looks way better already. In real life it looks good. Just use a dry polish cloth and go around the edge of where the brush and mirror meet. That will give that polish line of the bezel as gen.

hi, could you plese post a pic? Tx

Reactions: Mercedesslr

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I’m supposed to get my QC from Peggy tomorrow on the Blue dial. Anything I should make sure to look out for? I know the 12 o clock markers being strait and the date wheel. Though the date wheel she did show me the thin style one so I believe it’s accurate now. I also asked to see the 324 engraving. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks guys