• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1176 [VSF]

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
While the thoughts are:
1. The case must be from the old 441, and not the new one 1950 44mm., that would be so useful for 1441.
2. It's very interesting how this dial will look in real life under different lighting conditions.
3. Will there be a bright blue glow from the lume?
4. It's a good move to make rubberized parts. I really hope that this is an intermediate stage to the release pam1122. I'm sure that would be very good.
5. Apparently the past Bucherer pam1021 they ignored ... I wish I could return.
6. Glad they didn't make the date beige like some of the journalist reviews who sometimes get a pre-production watch with the wrong design elements.
(Or am I wrong, and the date is not white, on production samples?)
7. Everything is a matter of taste and personal preference, but ersonally, I don't like colored accents, but it seems a little better than pam1177.

Overall, the selection of ceramic pams has never been great and I'm glad they are expanding the range, even through such exotic options.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I want to like it but can't right now, maybe better pics of the dial may help sway the decision one way or another..

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I like this as well and 44mm is my sweet spot perfect daily wear

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I don't care for the watch but boy oh boy are we spoiled by VSF or what? VSF has repped so many Panerai's it's just crazy. Not too long ago Pam reps were basically dead; Noob and ZF stepping out of the game and VSF only doing a handful models. And look where we are now. Since gen PAM's imho are ridiculously expensive for what they are I couldn't be happier with the job VSF is doing. I really thought the rep PAM era was kinda dead.

Reactions: KOT1917

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I agree. True, the downside is that they make their "perfect formula" and sell. Then it turns out that there are often not critical, or difficult to solve problems. But they never fix them. Why, if tomorrow some will give 5 more other, new models, but average, in the same quality?

I am happy with the variety, even if most are not to my taste, also happy with decent quality and sufficient basic accuracy (most often).
But there is no habit of bringing the work to the end and achieving a full-fledged result.

I understand that VSF has no competition, I also understand that this strategy is consonant with the strategy of PANERAI themselves. At the same time, I see that the majority are satisfied with what they have.

But even so, I hope that it's just that their confidence in the demand for certain models is not growing so quickly, and they are not yet sure which of this variety makes sense to modify.
Perhaps, over time, new bestsellers will appear, and no king of a day, and they will be led to perfection by new versions.

If not, then the times of the most accurate rep panerai, and the truth is behind.

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I do not mind VSF push with Panerai models i cannot stand the focus with Rolex these days I find them too small. JF needs to step up with AP models as well its been too long for a new batch IMO.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for sharing!
Yes, the dial looks light black, good. In the photo VSF that I had, for some reason it seemed brownish to me. It's all right here.
Case is similar in profile to 1441, apparently, this is it.
It is also interesting to see the lumshot.
Anyway, Repworld -now your hour has struck.
:)
It would be nice to see a video to see what this watch face looks like in dynamics.

iPisi70

14/11/16
What about the thickness..., this is the major tell for me associated with ceramic VSF Luminor 1950 cases. Gen is about 16 mm? I hope for approvent in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Is this supposed to be one of those new rubber bezel models?

I'm just catching up now and have to read through this thread. It looks interesting but I am not Sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Is this supposed to be one of those new rubber bezel models?

I'm just catching up now and have to read through this thread. It looks interesting but I am not Sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, but I hope that those will be next, since they have already started using rubber. I like 1122 which, by the way, I think you showed, and I will believe that this is a warm-up VSF, before its release.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/panerai/9597954-pam-1122-new-rubber-bezel-model

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazing

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks for sharing!
Yes, the dial looks light black, good. In the photo VSF that I had, for some reason it seemed brownish to me. It's all right here.
Case is similar in profile to 1441, apparently, this is it.
It is also interesting to see the lumshot.
Anyway, Repworld -now your hour has struck.
:)
It would be nice to see a video to see what this watch face looks like in dynamics.

Video tomorrow for sure , so this mean 100% there’s v2 1441 correct thickness .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mc Queen

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
What about the thickness..., this is the major tell for me associated with ceramic VSF Luminor 1950 cases. Gen is about 16 mm? I hope for approvent in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

By analogy with pam1441 (they must have a common case new ceramic 1950 44mm) gen should be 14mm and rep 17.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thank! But I'll believe it when I see it.
So far, here's what what is in 1441, and outwardly I distinguish them from new photos 1176 can't:
And photo by jonnybaws :

I showed comparison 1441 VS genuine, asked some TD if this genuine own by maker no answer, I’m sure v2 coming correct thickness side by side with genuine.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thank! But I'll believe it when I see it.
So far, here's what what is in 1441, and outwardly I distinguish them from new photos 1176 can't:
And photo by jonnybaws :

I showed comparison 1441 VS genuine, asked some TD if this genuine own by maker no answer, I’m sure v2 coming correct thickness side by side with genuine.