• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM683

Tiz71

Patron
18/5/13
New Jersey USA
Quick question. Love this watch. Just got one and it’s amazing. Curious thought I read somewhere the crystal is wrong on this. Has the fish eye crystal like the old subs. Is this correct?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Quick question. Love this watch. Just got one and it’s amazing. Curious thought I read somewhere the crystal is wrong on this. Has the fish eye crystal like the old subs. Is this correct?

I'm sure I read originally that the crystal wasnt supposed to distort on the gen. But then someone else said they had the gen and it does indeed distort at extreme angle so I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiz71

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

I'm sure I read originally that the crystal wasnt supposed to distort on the gen. But then someone else said they had the gen and it does indeed distort at extreme angle so I wouldn't worry.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

From the video reviews I've seen on the watch such as Watchbox, the crystal on the PAM683 has no distortion. So unless this "someone else" posted a picture of the gen in the boutique with the crystal distortion clearly seen, I would be skeptical of that claim.

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
Hi guys, quick question as i'm not sure. What's the buckle size on the PAM 683 ? Thank you in advance

column

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/15
Germany
ef0ad5462718a18fc0cc47400324a3e5.jpg

20mm

Reactions: hurk and Pdatoon

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
how is the thickness of the case compared to the gen?

Mypelusch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/12
Hi, I just received my first Panerai today, a 683. I need to silence the rotor, but I am only familiar working on Rolex, do you have any tricks for opening the caseback on this watch? As I understand it a snap caseback. Does it work with a caseback knife?

thanks

Cooly27

Horology Curious
5/6/20
Hey guys. I have a quick question.

I acquired PAM 683 about a month ago and I noticed lume sucks at night. I bought UV light to charge it every other day but still, it's not bright at all. It stays bright for a few mins and pretty dim.

1. How's your lume at night?

2. Is there a way to make it brighter? Without repainting the lume?

Thanks, guys.

centrum

27/7/14
Man what an absolutely amazing looking 42mm Submersible... Are these still available? Does anyone have experiences with other 42mm Panerais that you would recommend? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Jamie76

Certified
6/7/19
UK
Finally got this repaired after a night on the tiles and then I dropped it on the tiles! Winding bridge/gears bent. Watch Smith also mentioned mainspring was weak and would not supply a good amplitude to the watch so replaced. Now running like a champ.

Blshh

Renowned Member
2/6/19
Finally got this repaired after a night on the tiles and then I dropped it on the tiles! Winding bridge/gears bent. Watch Smith also mentioned mainspring was weak and would not supply a good amplitude to the watch so replaced. Now running like a champ.

CG ?

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
For the noisy rotor, currently I have taken it off ... I prefer a manual winding than a helicopter taking off.

Anyone know how I can fix this by myself? Or is a watchmaker needed?

Thank you