• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM683

airbowatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/19
Thanks to the quick release bar system, I was able to swap the strap out for a Nick Mankey parachute strap. Ready for water, comfortable, and stylish!

It wears mighty thin given its dimensions, I have to say these are the most wrist-friendly lugs I have ever worn on a diver!

Thoughts?

I love it! Looks great with that strap! Have you water-proofed it? Would like to swim with my 960 and 683 too.

just like the 960 it wears very low.

aceblue74

23/12/18
Germany
:picard: upppssss. That happens if you just see a picture and ask ... my fault

But
this google thing ? What’s that ? I searched for Google I only find out. :

Back to topic that strap look nice :)

Reactions: KSwatches

hallion

Horology Curious
12/11/17
I have this strap on the way. I will post pics in about 3 weeka, when the watch has arrived.
7758fa84577d5b8dbcbb1ddf6fa706bc.jpg
3e7dd368f19b2117e0c50ad8ca3076f4.jpg

merowinger I am loving this strap - could you tell me where you bought it from? Many thanks

Reactions: airbowatch

Octobrist

15/10/19
Baetica
Thanks to the quick release bar system, I was able to swap the strap out for a Nick Mankey parachute strap. Ready for water, comfortable, and stylish!

It wears mighty thin given its dimensions, I have to say these are the most wrist-friendly lugs I have ever worn on a diver!

Thoughts?

Awesome. :drool:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
My 683 turned up yesterday, its stunning, I tried on the Gen at the Pam store in Bond Street London, I really can't tell the difference...

Reactions: airbowatch

Rogers

15/10/10
I am thinking in buying one, looks indeed stunning! But I have two questions first. On the PT video I have seen that the CP is not completely flushed, is that correct? And the white markers on the bezel between 12 and 3, how tight are these? Because in the PT video they seen to be hand painted, thanks in advance..

taifighter84

24/8/17
On the PT video I have seen that the CP is not completely flushed, is that correct? And the white markers on the bezel between 12 and 3, how tight are these? Because in the PT video they seen to be hand painted, thanks in advance..

I would love to answer your questions but you're going to have to be more clear on what you're referring to exactly with the CP. flush with what?

And the bezel markers are fantastic. engraved and everything, no paint spillover.

taifighter84

24/8/17
the CP on mine looks the exact same as gen in my eyes. Slightly domed, with the edges sitting flush. And the bezel markers are clean and crisp on mine. Hope that answers your questions!

Also, the jumping hour hand and forwards+backwards date setting is amazing. Combined with the awesome lug bar release system and crown guard lever, I'm blown away at the value in this piece.

Last edited:

airbowatch

11/6/19
I'm deciding to get 960 or 683.
In your feeling, which one is more comfortable to wear? I guess 960 due to its lightweight, isn't it?

The 960 is indeed the most comfortable due to it’s light weight and the carbotech doesn’t feel as cold as steel during winter. However, the 683 is very comfortable too just a little heavier. 42mm wears really well on the wrist.

Reactions: Mrpong

Rogers

15/10/10
the CP on mine looks the exact same as gen in my eyes. Slightly domed, with the edges sitting flush. And the bezel markers are clean and crisp on mine. Hope that answers your questions!

Also, the jumping hour hand and forwards+backwards date setting is amazing. Combined with the awesome lug bar release system and crown guard lever, I'm blown away at the value in this piece.

Thx for sharing this, and it sounds very promising! Just two questions left, I read somewhere that the rotor can be very noisy...can you confirm? And how fingerprint proof is the black bezel?

The 960 is indeed the most comfortable due to it’s light weight and the carbotech doesn’t feel as cold as steel during winter. However, the 683 is very comfortable too just a little heavier. 42mm wears really well on the wrist.

Go for the 683! The blue on the 960 seems a bit off, especially on the bezel. Also the 683 would be more of a first choice if you are at AD.

Last edited: