• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New XF Pam 024 incoming

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
No one... and I mean NO ONE made Panerai 6497 or 775X based reps as well as Noob.

V6/KW/XF: inconsistent quailty and slightly off CG and case shapes
HF: old cartel based case design with a high bezel rim and average QC
Noob: clean, great quality control, 100% gen compatible parts and honestly I need to be very careful when building watches that I don't get them mixed up with the genuine Panerai parts. It is very difficult to tell. There is so much left for noob to do!

puretime
Angus, we need to get Mr. Creme de la Creme back in the game with a vintage line. Can you image the rebirth of the Power Reserve watches?
PAM027, PAM028, PAM057 from noob?
or even a some of the old legendary submersibles like the 64 or 87
How about the PAM001 or PAM004 A Series with tritium lume?

with today's production standards, those reps would be absolutely incredible. I'd love to advise on them too:)

Go for it, Grim. I totally agree with all you write and you are the man to consult. The day Noob stepped out of PAM reps was the day PAM reps sort of declined.

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
Hi - I posted the below on RG, reposting here for those who don’t straddle both forums....

Received my V2 today. Some good and bad points (unfortunately).

Improvements IMHO over V1 (aka V6F/KW):
1) Bezel profile is slightly improved - still probably a little too flat but more rounded on the edge.
2) Lugs profile pretty much perfect so bit improvement.

Not so good points!
1) V2 case has the cut always between the lugs which is not accurate for a C series. The V1 case is therefore more accurate in this regard.
2) I’m being fussy here but the font on the dial is very slightly thicker and less Gen like.
3) Crystal is very nice but the AR is more blue than the V1 and definitely more so than my Gen 025D crystal (not stripper the case to see if this will fit yet but I doubt it will).

Pay attention to the crown guard lever when you get your QC pics. Make sure there are no visible gaps between the lever and the guard. Like the V1 the lever is a little ‘floppy’ which apparently the gens are as the rubber/plastic gasket that sits around the pin wears with use. This can be fixed with the glue gun mod easily enough. On my V2’s crown guard the lever is a fraction thinner (0.1mm) than the V1 so there is too much play for my liking. Not a big deal for me a as I can use my V1 but something I should of kept a closer eye on especially as this was glaringly obvious on InTime’s website pics.

All in all it’s a nicely finished rep, just a shame they fixed one case issue (lugs) only to introduce another one (notch between the lugs). Such is life in the rep game I suppose.

Some crap pics below...

Cheers
c9a7147e0c997814ac908aec61d6d7e2.jpg

e1b7c7c4ad2b14ae2ae5281f59161d56.jpg

443479fdd3050e50028fd5cad9cc8880.jpg

Bottom pic is V1 - some distortion in the pic, apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
Hi - I posted the below on RG, reposting here for those who don’t straddle both forums....

1) Bezel profile is slightly improved - still probably a little too flat but more rounded on the edge.

Not so good points!
1) V2 case has the cut always between the lugs which is not accurate for a C series. The V1 case is therefore more accurate in this regard.
2) I’m being fussy here but the font on the dial is very slightly thicker and less Gen like.
3) Crystal is very nice but the AR is more blue than the V1 and definitely more so than my Gen 025D crystal (not stripper the case to see if this will fit yet but I doubt it will).

Pay attention to the crown guard lever when you get your QC pics. Make sure there are no visible gaps between the lever and the guard. Like the V1 the lever is a little ‘floppy’ which apparently the gens are as the rubber/plastic gasket that sits around the pin wears with use. This can be fixed with the glue gun mod easily enough. On my V2’s crown guard the lever is a fraction thinner (0.1mm) than the V1 so there is too much play for my liking. Not a big deal for me a as I can use my V1 but something I should of kept a closer eye on especially as this was glaringly obvious on InTime’s website pics.

All in all it’s a nicely finished rep, just a shame they fixed one case issue (lugs) only to introduce another one (notch between the lugs). Such is life in the rep game I suppose.

Some crap pics below...

Cheers

In the top 2 pics the V2 is the lower watch and in the last pic the V1 is the lower one.

Last edited by a moderator:

groot

Known Member
11/6/17

Not so good points!

Some crap pics below...

Cheers

Thank you for the comparo.

I've been wanting a C series (for the bezel) for quite a while now and have one in the mail. A shame that they botched the case.

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
Thank you for the comparo.

I've been wanting a C series (for the bezel) for quite a while now and have one in the mail. A shame that they botched the case.

Ignoring the ‘notch’ the case is great quality. The crown guard finish was better on the V1 though.

Wear yours in good health

Cheers

Reactions: groot

Chopperharris75

Horology Curious
16/6/12
I’m in the process of modding my 024 V2 using a combination of the parts from my V1 and improving the crown guard / lever and cannon pinion cap.

There were some questions around the AR on the V2 crystal being too blue. It definitely is more bluer than the V1 but I can’t comment if this is more or less accurate. See the below... also included a better pic of the Gen 25D AR.

V1:
54a53175f5c854aea9ca5ed44ec0cb2f.jpg

V2:
d0fb3a5c3db992c294740c11c77678ff.jpg

Gen 25D (can’t be used as 100% comparison for obvious reasons):
558c9fba493f1459f0200f0859b6d1e1.jpg

As expected the Gen crystal doesn’t fit the V2 case either (correct diameter but just too thick).
I’m going with the V1 crystal for my build as the AR colour is less pronounced.

Cheers

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

Not so good points!

Some crap pics below...

Cheers

If the lever in this v2 is by design thinner then I don't think there is much you can do at the QC stage as all of them will come out like this in this batch...

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Anyone bought one of these recently? Is there a new batch yet? I went to buy one a few months back and they were all gone. Would be nice if the blue hue was clear again.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Anyone bought one of these recently? Is there a new batch yet? I went to buy one a few months back and they were all gone. Would be nice if the blue hue was clear again.

Hope it's not out of stock permanently. I know Panerai reps are pretty dead but this is still on my To-Buy list!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I asked Sead about it a couple of weeks ago and he said they were out of stock and had no idea if more were on the way.