• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Pam XF 616 look promising

D

d4m.test

Yeah be really careful not to break it. The holes on mine aren’t real either

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I should have added, what I needed to do was take the spring bar sleeves from the fake croco strap, and put them on the rubber strap. As when it came the rubber strap was rattling around a bit because the spring bar was not fat enough to support it firmly. (The fake croco is only good for the bin in my opinion)

The sleeve should not cover the end of the spring par though (pic) - try pushing it out of the way, or disengaging the spring bar from the other side of the strap.

View attachment 106698

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
Thanks guys, I’ll update as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
265efe52e6463275f008fe80960c5b97.heic

Sent from the RWI App

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
Thank you guys for all your support
... I think I will need to actually cut the tubes including the pins and the band where I pointed out because there is no way of actually being able to remove the band because of the tubes[emoji30]
And then just use spring bars only without tubes!!!!
I’ll post pictures during the process& I hope this is helpful for all!!!!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
If I may, the above isn't accurate. The drilled lug is an illusion - its not drilled all the way through.

you can't use a spring bar tool to push in the spring bar through the lug from the outside.
don't try and force it - there is no hole and you could damage the watch.

what you need to do is move the spring bar end by the strap - as though it were on a watch without drilled lugs - like a submariner.

I can show you what I mean with pics...

View attachment 106681

Fair point. I will henceforth stop to comment on things that I do not know for a fact. I don't exactly know the reason why the factory decided to change the holes on the PAM616 from actual holes to faux ones like on the PAM661 although I would guess drilling the holes completely through the lugs resulted in broken/damaged lugs.

D

d4m.test

I went to the hardware store and got some stainless tubing and made my own sleeves to cut down on the rattle, but I cut them short enough to be able to move the spring bars. Are yours really so long that you can’t get anything in there to retract the spring bars end? Have you tried dental floss?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thank you guys for all your support
... I think I will need to actually cut the tubes including the pins and the band where I pointed out because there is no way of actually being able to remove the band because of the tubes[emoji30]
And then just use spring bars only without tubes!!!!
I’ll post pictures during the process& I hope this is helpful for all!!!!

Take extra care. There was a thread in the general section about some thing similar a month or so ago. A member used the wrong spring bar which couldn't be removed so he had to cut the strap off.

I recommend cutting the strap along where the green material ends, and then cutting the rough the strap closer to the lug rather than the middle as there is a bit more space. Use something like a tin snip. See if you can get some painters tape around the case to protect it from scratches. At least the blue strap is awful and not worth keeping.

The fake drilled lugs are confusing, and I can only assume they did it this way because the carbotech material may have allowed the pins to push through after a while, or it made it unnecessary to use black spring bars.

Definitely something for anyone with / contemplating this watch to be aware of, to avoid your problem, or even worse, using force to go through the lug and snapping it off - which would be a disaster.

bibgbm

Horology Curious
6/3/17
Oh...I will give it a try with dental floss, great idea, thanks!
Nothing else would work guys, it’s so tight, 1mm distance can’t fit any fine tip in there.Before I’ll start cutting I think bending from the middle(pin and tub)if I don’t get resistance might be an option, after cutting the strap.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Oh...I will give it a try with dental floss, great idea, thanks!
Nothing else would work guys, it’s so tight, 1mm distance can’t fit any fine tip in there.Before I’ll start cutting I think bending from the middle(pin and tub)if I don’t get resistance might be an option, after cutting the strap.

To be honest, I'd cut it off rather than stressing / bending the parts. We don't know how strong the carbotech material on this rep is, and I wouldn't risk damaging the lugs / holes!